DEZ #88 punishment--what do you think?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
LittleD;4638568 said:
but we will have to agree to disagree... Texas justice is a comin'...Goodell is the new sherriff in town and his rules are law.

We certainly have to agree to disagree because you couldn't sit here right now and feed me evidence that would lead me to say that Dez most likely assaulted his mother.

Hmm.. probably why charges haven't been pushed forward against him.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4638579 said:
We certainly have to agree to disagree because you couldn't sit here right now and feed me evidence that would lead me to say that Dez most likely assaulted his mother.

Hmm.. probably why charges haven't been pushed forward against him.
That's a leap in logic.

I heard on the ticket that the DA was out of town and so was Dez's attorney. It also could because they are investigating the case themselves. It isn't resolved yet that is what we know.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4638585 said:
That's a leap in logic.

I heard on the ticket that the DA was out of town and so was Dez's attorney. It also could because they are investigating the case themselves. It isn't resolved yet that is what we know.

How long have the charges been at the DA office for? What is he on a month long vacation?

Im not trying to imply that since charges haven't been pushed through yet, obviously Dez is guilty.. i shouldn't have said it like that. Simply that with the information we have, from the 911 call, from witnesses, from the police reports, i don't think there is anything there that is anywhere near conclusive to say that Dez assaulted his mother. It being a family matter, i don't see the NFL or the commish getting very much involved, either.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Queue the overreaction crowd... Dez will not be suspended, this is his first time being arrested and the alleged charge isn't significant enough to warrent a suspension.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
CowboysYanksLakers;4638606 said:
Queue the overreaction crowd... Dez will not be suspended, this is his first time being arrested and the alleged charge isn't significant enough to warrent a suspension.

If he's convicted of it.. its more than enough to warrent a suspension.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Punishment? For what? What was he convicted of? Atleast the systen used to be based on convictions.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4638679 said:
Punishment? For what? What was he convicted of? Atleast the systen used to be based on convictions.

Yup. This is like the 20th thread about it too. Its simply irrationally premature to talk punishment before anyone is even found to have committed an inapprorpiate act.

rocboy22

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4638682 said:
Yup. This is like the 20th thread about it too. Its simply irrationally premature to talk punishment before anyone is even found to have committed an inapprorpiate act.

get out of here with your logic and common sense!!!

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Hostile;4638366 said:
Oh, make no mistake about it, if the incidents pile up then just like Britt and Lynch, he is going to feel the ban hammer come down. But we have way too many fans gleefully over reacting to a 1st incident that is a misdemeanor.

QFT. Some people are chomping at the bit to hear that Dez murdered a hooker and stashed her in Goodell's (sp?) trunk. Why, for the life of me, any "fan" would root against their own players is beyond me. I'm not talking about criticism, I'm talking about actually wanting to see a guy fail. I just don't get that mindset when you're talking about "your team".

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The Dallas district attorney's office still hasn't determined if it will press charges against Dez Bryant.

Even though Angela Bryant has signed an affidavit of nonprosecution, the DA's office has the right to move forward. However, without Dez's mother or any other witnesses taking the stand, there's not a case worth making here. The NFL has said it's reviewing the incident, but we do not expect a suspension.

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4638679 said:

Past precedent shows that you don't need to be found guilty to be suspended by Mr. Goodell.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4638725 said:
Past precedent shows that you don't need to be found guilty to be suspended by Mr. Goodell.

You do need to have evidence that you were guilty of some criminal act at least, though.. at least going by past precedent.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4638374 said:
funny-animal-captions-stop-me-if-youve-heard-this-one.jpg

:laugh2: :bow:

Anyways Dez shouldn't/won't be suspended since it's his first offense and he didn't do anything suspension worthy

Reaction score
skinsscalper;4638695 said:
QFT. Some people are chomping at the bit to hear that Dez murdered a hooker and stashed her in Goodell's (sp?) trunk. Why, for the life of me, any "fan" would root against their own players is beyond me. I'm not talking about criticism, I'm talking about actually wanting to see a guy fail. I just don't get that mindset when you're talking about "your team".

I think this is ridiculous because someone disagrees with you the must hate the player.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4638734 said:
Ben Roethlisburger disagrees

Well then he is more stupid then we all thought because there was evidence that he was buying drinks for minors.

Tell Ben, he should probably study a basic law book sometime. :cool:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
There is no precedent for suspending a player over a first time misdemeanor offense, let alone one in which the charges will be dropped.

Those thinking he will be suspended are not rooted in reality.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4638747 said:
Well then he is more stupid then we all thought because there was evidence that he was buying drinks for minors.

Tell Ben, he should probably study a basic law book sometime. :cool:

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Roethlisburger wasn't even charged. Mr. Goodell's power was collectively bargained and he has final say on conduct he determines detrimental to the league.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4638736 said:
I think this is ridiculous because someone disagrees with you the must hate the player.

What's ridiculous is the fact that there are so many people on this board that are more concerned with "being right" than they are with the actual success of their team.

If you haven't seen that around here, then you must be new.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4638750 said:
There is no precedent for suspending a player over a first time misdemeanor offense, let alone one in which the charges will be dropped.

Those thinking he will be suspended are not rooted in reality.

Ben Roethlisburger (never charged or cited) 6 games
Rocky Bernard(1 arrest domestic abuse) 1 game
Michael Boley(1 arrest domestic abuse) 1 game
All say hello