Dez and Johnny Football (Picture)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oooh you just added the soap and water visual to the mix...

I feel a Martin moment coming on... "Sweat just glistening all over your bawdy." lmao

Ha ha ha ha! I remember that part of his live stand-up on HBO!
Classic moment! ...water drippin' all over your bo-hawwwwwwwwwdy...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why is JFF wearing Philippians 4:13 on his wrist band? "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."

Head scratcher for sure.

Why?
He's fairly outspoken, though not over the top, about his faith.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm glad many on CZ coming around to Manziel. Romo is damaged goods. Time to move on.
I suspect it may even be 10% now who want him over Romo and also instead of a 1st rounder that plays defense or Oline.
That's a pretty high number. :eek:

Otherwise, even big Manziel advocates like Staubach says no way to Manziel in Dallas, Because Dallas "already has an excellent franchise QB" in Romo. Plus they so many huge gaping holes and greater needs.

Almost nobody out there is touting Manziel over Romo, actually.

esloan

Reaction score
To be clear, I just posted this picture because it was interesting. I don't really want Manziel. If we were a solid team offensively and defensively, I would take him so that we don't go through what we went through after Aikman left and not have a heir apparent. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near a solid football team especially along the defensive line. I think taking Manziel now would be a waste of a first rounder for the team in its current position.

Romo is a great QB and Manziel would not be an improvement at this time. He would end up sitting on the bench and create a controversy every time Romo made a mistake. We don't need that right now. We need defensive players, we need to shore up the o-line, we need safeties. In short, we need everything but a QB. Of course, that is assuming Romo is back to normal after his surgery. But, even if he isn't, its hard to justify a QB in the first round with the current situation.

Just my 2 cents.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
The smart part of me thinks Manziel would be a wasted pick for the Cowboys and they need to use whatever resources they would use to get JFB to instead shore up that terrible defense.

The rest of me that just wants to fiddle while the world burns wants to see what would happen with Manziel under center for the Cowboys.

Zordon

Reaction score
I suspect it may even be 10% now who want him over Romo and also instead of a 1st rounder that plays defense or Oline.
That's a pretty high number. :eek:

Otherwise, even big Manziel advocates like Staubach says no way to Manziel in Dallas, Because Dallas "already has an excellent franchise QB" in Romo. Plus they so many huge gaping holes and greater needs.

Almost nobody out there is touting Manziel over Romo, actually.

we are growing. i'll take the 10%. it will grow tenfold when he's actually drafted by us.

the minute we draft manziel, the whole aura around the team will change. right now, we have a loser vibe infested in the locker room. when you bring manziel's swagger and confidence into that locker room, everybody's play will improve including the defense. the man is that much of a charismatic leader. when his defense was getting shredded in the duke bowl game, he was the one on the sidelines chewing them out and demanding one stop so the offense could come back and win that game. we don't have any types of leaders like that currently on the team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am still in the mindset of defense for our first pick. I am at the point of even being ok with a darn linebacker if it comes to that over a WR. I do not want to trade down or get the BPA WR at 16.....I want the BPA on defense!

With that said, I am coming around to the thought of Johnny only if they were going to pick a WR. Might as well get a potential franchise QB over another offensive piece that probably doesn't start over Williams anyways.

Defense....defense....defense but if Dallas is dumb enough to not draft a defensive player, might as well get Johnny, maybe even move up a few spots if need be.

In Romo I trust but it would be nice to know that we have a potential star backing him up if his health decides not to cooperate. If Tony goes down early, JF could possibly save the season.......Orton/Weeden will not.