Dez and Johnny Football (Picture)

DFWJC

Reaction score
He'll be gone by pick 5.

I don't think the Raiders want him, but their spot could be up for grabs.

I hear the Browns are maneuvering for a third 1st round pick...a move up front he 2nd round in hope of moving ahead of Houston at the top of the 2nd. That sounds like a team not planning on taking a QB at the top of round 1.

Most think Jacksonville--who seems to be heading in the right direction now--may not want to pull the trigger on a QB that early either.

Should be a wild Thursday night!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would JFF on our team. However, man it will cost a lot! The Rams and Texans are probably inundated with all kinds of offers right now. I just don't think we have the juice to get him.

Damn those multiple 8-8 seasons that were really 5-11 seasons thats could have been 3-13 seasons ... Lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm almost wanting to see JFF here just to watch the silence when he crashes and burns from those 10 people who actually are dying to have him.

Of course it would be nice if they got him and I was wrong and he turned out to be a stud then I could proudly admit I was an idiot for not wanting him.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I will be really surprised if Romo comes out and plays well an entire season with the back surgery and all....I think he's done. Hope I'm wrong..

DFWJC

Reaction score
I will be really surprised if Romo comes out and plays well an entire season with the back surgery and all....I think he's done. Hope I'm wrong..

Well, he's further along now than he was at this time last year...and he sure produced last year. I'll take 31 and 10 any year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
From John Clayton's mailbag yesterday:

Q: I am not a Cowboys fan, and I will never pretend to be one. I am a loyal 49ers fan. However, the reports that Jerry Jones is going to do anything and everything to draft Johnny Manziel are egregious. How would a team that already has a top-10 QB and has other pressing needs -- for example, an entire new defense -- dare waste a pick on a QB? If he takes Manziel, I don't know how Cowboys fans can honestly continue to give him a pass or even remain fans.

Matthew in Richmond, Virginia

A: I agree with you 100 percent. I sure hope that's the marketing part of Jerry talking, not the personnel part. Such a move would be insane. Manziel is going to go in the top seven. Jones would have to give up too many draft choices at a time the Cowboys have been hamstrung in free agency because of cap problems. He is a smart businessman. I think the Manziel talk is just to throw off the Houston Texans. The Texans' brand in the state of Texas would grow substantially if Manziel were Houston's quarterback. It could challenge the Cowboys' brand in the state

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Funnest thing about Manziel to Houston is that he will still be coming to town this year. Talk about a hot ticket. Assuming they don't make him have to beat out Case Keenum, which I'm not sure he could do at this moment.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If only to remove the fervor by some of the Cowboys fandom who lust for him and so that the regular folks can enjoy the rest of the draft without Manziel hanging over our heads. lol

It sucks. Its like MCFADDEN all over again.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Well, he's further along now than he was at this time last year...and he sure produced last year. I'll take 31 and 10 any year.

Just because he might be father along in May doesn't mean come September he'll be better. He's not getting hit right now ;)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just because he might be father along in May doesn't mean come September he'll be better. He's not getting hit right now ;)

True dat.

But all we can measure is right now. All could change with one big hit...and that is true any year.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Manziel and the Cowboys together would be TMZ all year round, but Jerry could use Dez's security team for him too!

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Twitter would explode if we drafted Manziel. I actually wouldn't mind drafting him just to see what would ensue.

With that being said, we've got a top 10 QB already so long as his back holds up.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I expect Manziel to drop out of the top 10, then things will really get interesting. :)

Zordon

Reaction score
It's going to be sad to see the king of east texas rotting away in cleveland. smh