Dez Bryant - A Man With No Position

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They stopped throwing to him b/c he wasn't open. When he left Dallas, he was getting no separation from DBs. He got a "prove it" deal in New Orleans, and all he proved was that our decision to cut him was the right one. He's still a distraction with his damm twitter account. Nobody is signing that guy.
Dez never was a "separation" guy.

He was a "I'll out jump you" guy or will "physically" beat you for the reception.

DBs played him closer and closer as time went on. In this offense, there is going to be alot more pressure on the defensive secondary and Dez will being covered by their #3 or #4 DB..

not their #1. That's a mismatch for sure.

The results for us could be sizable and impactful.

He will not be the #1 WR. Think that thru.

This is a different team, different play caller not named Linehan and different WR after his injury.

Imagine if becuz of the Injury he has to now improve the route running becuz other skill sets have changed,

This is what I think will happen.

Now Dez has not lost his willingness to win. If anything, that is going to increase if he plays again.

It's weird how some fans think they know everything yet know very little actually.

Hmmmm...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just hoping that they give the guy a chance to show what - if anything - he has left. If he doesn't? Or if McCarthy doesn't think he's a good fit? Fine, move on. But investigate what might be an opportunity to improve the team.

This is the only intelligent approach to be taken. Kick the tires.. It costs nothing and it could pay HUGE dividends on the field to say nothing of with the fan base. Though I know there is a faction that always hated Dez I would say from the 88 jersey I have seen over the last 10 years and even to this day, dude is one of the most popular Cowboys ever.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Maybe he would make out as a TE. He wouldn't have to worry as much about dropping the ball with shorter passes. :rolleyes:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Where are your routes? Let's compare. yeah?
What's that have to do with anything?
I'm posting my observations. Are you triggered and now I should run crisp routes? Can I at least finish rehab on my knee first?
I'll go one further. How about you cover me.

Anyone impressed with what he's Tweeting needs medication.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Did not see that.
I think he would actually develop some interest were it not for his social media posts. I would just try out.

Two things that raise red flags for me. Not playing for two seasons. One season because of injury.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is the only intelligent approach to be taken. Kick the tires.. It costs nothing and it could pay HUGE dividends on the field to say nothing of with the fan base. Though I know there is a faction that always hated Dez I would say from the 88 jersey I have seen over the last 10 years and even to this day, dude is one of the most popular Cowboys ever.
Sure, kick the tires but don't put him on the roster because he's popular. That kind of move stunts younger players developing. Like the Witten experiment.
I'm not confident on what's between his ears.

And I'm sick and tired of some fans assuming hatred from critical and opinion based posts.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think he would actually develop some interest were it not for his social media posts. I would just try out.

Two things that raise red flags for me. Not playing for two seasons. One season because of injury.
Of course.

Best case scenario to me is like with Jaylon Smith..

they sign him and work on the rehab with team doctors and trainers.

Once ready, activate him.

This will cost little and have no risk.

If it works, have a clause in his contract with incentives and let's see.

That should put everybody at ease.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course.

Best case scenario to me is like with Jaylon Smith..

they sign him and work on the rehab with team doctors and trainers.

Once ready, activate him.

This will cost little and have no risk.

If it works, have a clause in his contract with incentives and let's see.

That should put everybody at ease.
If he requires further rehab and can't start, I'd rather let a younger WR get the snaps. Just my opinion.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he requires further rehab and can't start, I'd rather let a younger WR get the snaps. Just my opinion.
Fine.

There is something to good health.

Indeed.

But when was the last time we didn't have a charity case to nurse back to health?

See, you can't remember.

Me neither. I have a long list of them..

Columbo, Jaylon Smith, Rolando McLain, Gregory..shall I go on.?

So taking a player off the scrap heap is always preferable when it comes to us.

Savey?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fine.

There is something to good health.

Indeed.

But when was the last time we didn't have a charity case to nurse back to health?

See, you can't remember.

Me neither. I have a long list of them..

Columbo, Jaylon Smith, Rolando McLain, Gregory..shall I go on.?

So taking a player off the scrap heap is always preferable when it comes to us.

Savey?
It's more than that. It's also mentality

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sure someone said this over nine pages, but he is a WR4 at this point.

He plays in 4 wide sets and is a backup to WR1 and WR2.

We need to understand that he must be a different player with a different attitude or none of this happens. I think he will....but again....much more than anything else...he gives a crap. Something this team needs more of.

The minute he becomes the smallest of problems he is gone....up to and including being a progress stopper. Dez has to do a LOT to be on the 2020 Cowboys, let's say that.

SSoup

Reaction score
If you think "McCarthy picked", you totally missed the actual structure in Green Bay.
I don't think him, as a coach, developing 5 out of 6 2nd/3rd rounders at one position into studs or stars in his offense is an accident or a coincidence. I think he was onboard for them all and a major guiding voice on which passing-game weapons his offense had use for.

Just like how Rod Marinelli wasn't the GM or even the head coach here and so the buck didn't stop with him... but as a loud voice in charge of the defense, we still know his voice in which d-linemen he had use for was a major factor when we drafted d-linemen or turned our nose up at linemen.

Pointing out his history isn't to say its entirely his and no other factors come into play. It's just to say: "Hey, here's a thing his teams routinely did and did well, and they probably couldn't have done it that well unless he was onboard for it and a part of it."

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
What's that have to do with anything?
I'm posting my observations. Are you triggered and now I should run crisp routes? Can I at least finish rehab on my knee first?
I'll go one further. How about you cover me.

Anyone impressed with what he's Tweeting needs medication.
Naw, not triggered. Was always taught, don't criticize what you can't do is all.

Cover you? Sure, no problem.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Naw, not triggered. Was always taught, don't criticize what you can't do is all.

Cover you? Sure, no problem.
You should Google discussion forum, specifically as a fan. That's what gets done here 24/7. We analyze and are critical. I sure don't need the unsolicited advice, don't like my opinion? Move on.
Pretty simple stuff.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
You should Google discussion forum, specifically as a fan. That's what gets done here 24/7. We analyze and are critical. I sure don't need the unsolicited advice, don't like my opinion? Move on.
Pretty simple stuff.
Don't like the fact I commented on your opinion. That is your business.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Don't like the fact I commented on your opinion. That is your business.
Umm, who would? You whined and made it seem like you can only be an All Pro to criticize. That's just stupid.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dez never was a "separation" guy.

He was a "I'll out jump you" guy or will "physically" beat you for the reception.

DBs played him closer and closer as time went on. In this offense, there is going to be alot more pressure on the defensive secondary and Dez will being covered by their #3 or #4 DB..

not their #1. That's a mismatch for sure.

The results for us could be sizable and impactful.

He will not be the #1 WR. Think that thru.

This is a different team, different play caller not named Linehan and different WR after his injury.

Imagine if becuz of the Injury he has to now improve the route running becuz other skill sets have changed,

This is what I think will happen.

Now Dez has not lost his willingness to win. If anything, that is going to increase if he plays again.

It's weird how some fans think they know everything yet know very little actually.

Hmmmm...
You had a good post going until your last sentence.

Seriously, your idea that Dez can excel as the #3 WR is very sketchy. That is a guess, just as most of the other ideas are. And the real irony is that your statement there at the end points exactly back at you!!!!!!!! It did amuse me!!!!!!

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Being honest.....Sean Lee was probably our best LB last year. It kind of sucks but if its not true then its closer than I am comfortable admitting.

And this is a scary fact, that our young LBs were either not healthy, or not better.

Again, the entire Dallas roster is over rated...

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Umm, who would? You whined and made it seem like you can only be an All Pro to criticize. That's just stupid.
You need to look up the definition of whine in a dictionary. Don't be shocked if you see a pic of yourself by the word.