Dez Bryant discussion

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Anyone still think I was infatuated with Miles Austin? Or did I have a legitimate point go up and get Thomas, Iupati or Pouncey - because at this moment I would take any of them over Dez and that has never changed.

Dez has physical talent that can be identified by someone watching their first game. He has that "Wow!" aspect that I have not seen from a player since a young T.O and Deion Sanders highlights. He just is on a different level than everyone physically yet mentally Dez is 53/53. At this point I don't think he will ever overcome it. I hoped, I prayed and I dreamed he would live up to his potential but after last nights debacle I don't think he has it in him. If we were to have a regime change and he had to learn a new playbook are we supposed to give him another 3 years to learn it?

If some team is hopeful enough to give us what we need for him (1st round + a starting quality OL) to get him we are best off trading him before his value falls off (Felix, Jenkins). Jerry said when questioned if Dez would even be on the team if he didn't accept the "Dez Bryant rules" he said "That's a fair question, but I don't know the answer.".

erod

Reaction score
No one would give it's much for him. Ride it out.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Why would anyone trade good pieces for a piece of crap WR that is an idiot off the field. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
erod;4734575 said:
No one would give it's much for him. Ride it out.

You must forget.
carson-palmer-oakland-raiders-quarterback.jpg

2 firsts.

The Oakland Raiders exist.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
IF they keep him here, I doubt he ever reaches Top-5 WR status that he has the potential to reach. He might just be a 900-1000 yard, 5-7 TD WR. He is what is he

JackWagon

Reaction score
The whole league looks at Dez and laughs when you call to ask for a trade. Breaking news ... Al Davis is dead.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4734605 said:
IF they keep him here, I doubt he ever reaches Top-5 WR status that he has the potential to reach. He might just be a 900-1000 yard, 5-7 TD WR. He is what is he

Yep.. He's overrated. Which would be a positive if we had a GM with enough guts to deal him right now.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
JackWagon;4734610 said:
The whole league looks at Dez and laughs when you call to ask for a trade. Breaking news ... Al Davis is dead.

Mark_Davis.jpg

There is another. Meet Mark.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not all WRs are world beaters right out of the gate.

Some ride the bench for 3-4 seasons....................

Reaction score
Not giving up on Dez yet. He played absolutely HORRIBLE yesterday, but he played great the week before. If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we should consider cutting ties, but let's wait before we say it's time to get rid of Dez.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4734621 said:
Not all WRs are world beaters right out of the gate.

Some ride the bench for 3-4 seasons....................

Yeah, Miles is one of those bench riders. Dez was the one who came into the league on a wave of hype with people on this board discussing who would be inducting him into the league and how many seasons would it take for him to surpass Fitzgerald as the best in the league, 1 or 2.

I was one of the very very few that said we made a mistake drafting him. I am saddened to say it is looking like I was right.

Salvage a mistake, if we traded Felix at this point last year we get a second, same with Jenkins.

Cowboys&LakersFan;4734624 said:
Not giving up on Dez yet. He played absolutely HORRIBLE yesterday, but he played great the week before. If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we should consider cutting ties, but let's wait before we say it's time to get rid of Dez.
I am not saying lets' just cut him, but if we put feelers out I think we could get something major for him. A first (recover the pick) and a starter on the o-line(Atleast a slightly above average player, guard or center) would be enough for me to deal him. I probably wouldn't do it just for a first.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This should be relabeled as ....ANOTHER DEZ BRYANT HATE THREAD....because he as EVERYONE else had a bad game too...not just Dez

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4734567 said:
Anyone still think I was infatuated with Miles Austin? Or did I have a legitimate point go up and get Thomas............".
I too had an issue (not a huge issue, but an issue nevertheless) with us moving up to get Bryant. But I still think Dez still has a chance to be a real star.

Having said that, you need to stop with the "move up for Earl Thomas" stuff.
He was picked 14th.

That would mean it would cost us us Dez Braynt and Sean Lee to get him.
Do you still make that trade?

Lee is surely one of our draft day conquests.

Of course a classic highlight of our draft day fails was on full display Sunday:
We took AOA with pick 126 the same year Seattle took Kam Chancelor at pick 133. Ouch.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
DFWJC;4734628 said:
I too had an issue (not a huge issue, but an issue nevertheless) with us moving up to get Bryant. But I still think Dez still has a chance to be a real star.

He was picked 14th.

Exactly, it's like he's not even thinking before he posts.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DFWJC;4734628 said:

He was picked 14th.

We had plenty of tradeable players at that point. Seattle had needs everywhere. We could've done it for our pick, the 3rd and a player.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Trade miles dez and felix and a pick to the bengals for hawkins and aj green lol

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Joshmil53;4734630 said:
You're such a flipping joke R2A.

No not really. My arguments against Dez have remained logical for years, people are just too upset to except the reality about him. I am not a joke thinking the guy who put on the worst receiving game I have seen from a Cowboy in 5+ yrs and is still considered a top 5 player on this team by a majority of you is overrated.

The thing is this overrating of Dez isn't exclusive to Cowboys fans, that is why we can profit.