RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
So I guess your going to run routes for us now Stephen....

How you fire Dez and keep Witten is beyond me. If your going to fire Dez, Witten should be gone too.

Idiots.....lets fire all our team while others can make real moves.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I've been calling for it since Tony left. Dak is no where near the QB that Tony was and Bryant's drop off in production is a direct result of the change. Dak is a best out of the pocket. If you contain him and force him to be a pocket passer, he's done. Dez is own worst enemy. He has a body that is perfect for a wide receiver and he doesn't do anything to improve his craft. Opposing cornerbacks fight over who gets to cover him. He doesn't present a challenge anymore. Thanks for the memories but good riddance.

This.

I mean, you have to be under a cave to not know that Dak and Dez weren't connecting on a consistent basis.

Dez had a good run...but put me in the 'move on' camp. Too many critical dropsies for my liking. Call me spoiled. I guess I expected another can't-miss #88 with the SB rings to boot. Just didn't happen.

It's not all Dez's fault -- we all get it -- but this team wasn't going to win a championship with Dez. Nor Romo. Nor Ware. And yes, they won't win one with Witten either.

I'm more curious about the younger core honestly, and that does include Dak. Let's see if 2016 was truly an aberration. If Dak continues to suck, then we draft a QB in 2019, but he does deserve another shot at redemption.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My one question is how does doing this NOW help the team? There's nothing they can do with the money now and you're simply losing equity by doing it 2 weeks before the draft.
Exactly...........this is the type of move you make the first day of free agency. Then you have some extra funds to improve the roster with.

You don't wait 2 weeks before the freaking draft and have an epiphany, "you know, I think we should release our number one WR".

So now we have no number one wr and if the draft is the answer, well thanks for telegraphing that for the entire league. Why don't we just post our draft board on DC.com, about the same difference.

birdwells1

Reaction score
He can spout off about anything he wants right now. He's not playing for peanuts for revenge. If he jumps in to a cheap contract for revenge he's an idiot. Not gonna happen...

I didn't say that, all offers will be around the same amount. What I'm saying is that Dez will not go to the Browns for a million more than the Commanders.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Dude will sign for vet min with Philly just to rub it in our face twice a year.

That wouldn’t be a good move IMO. Norman and Jack Rabbit have shown they can shut him down. Plus the Cowboys D knows him very well and I bet Awuzie would do a good job co we mg him.

Smarter move is go play for a contender who have other good WRs.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Gonna suck for Dez fans to have to root for the Commanders if he goes there.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This.

I mean, you have to be under a cave to not know that Dak and Dez weren't connecting on a consistent basis.

Dez had a good run...but put me in the 'move on' camp. Too many critical dropsies for my liking. Call me spoiled. I guess I expected another can't-miss #88 with the SB rings to boot. Just didn't happen.

It's not all Dez's fault -- we all get it -- but this team wasn't going to win a championship with Dez. Nor Romo. Nor Ware. And yes, they won't win one with Witten either.

I'm more curious about the younger core honestly, and that does include Dak. Let's see if 2016 was truly an aberration. If Dak continues to suck, then we draft a QB in 2019, but he does deserve another shot at redemption.

If Dak isn't the answer do you know what that means, you've wasted the oline, the wrs, the dline everything. This team is all in on Dak but I just haven't seen enough for the investment that they are making. They are not leaving themselves an out if Dak doesn't work out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
18 other teams have not won a superbowl since the Cowboys last did.

Guess those teams don't know what they are doing either?

Results do speak for themselves..............how many of those 18 teams have changed GMs and coaching staffs during this time?

In other words, how many of the people that have presided over failure have been there from the beginning and how many have been replaced multiple times? I will give you a hint, several of those 18 teams have replaced their GMs multiple times over the past 20 yrs.

Now if a team replaces their GM multiple times, doesn't it indicate that said GMs didn't know what they were doing? Ergo, why else replace them?

Thanks for proving my point.:thumbup:

waving monkey

Reaction score
If Dak isn't the answer do you know what that means, you've wasted the oline, the wrs, the dline everything. This team is all in on Dak but I just haven't seen enough for the investment that they are making. They are not leaving themselves an out if Dak doesn't work out.
Dak has played two years. What WR is all that. The Dline is young except Crawford. ?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

And folks think Dez is done and Hurns is our future number one.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Aint nobody in the league thinks Hurns is a number one..........except Dallas of course...........wow:omg:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You mean like when we cut Ware and found out we had no pass-rush while he went on to win a Championship?

Yep, we cut Ware and replaced him with Jeremy freaking Mincey.:muttley:

And the homers all chanted the praises of the front office and how it was a smart move since Ware was done. Just like now they are proclaiming Hurns to be our new number one or some rookie that is yet to be named.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried:lmao2:

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Results do speak for themselves..............how many of those 18 teams have changed GMs and coaching staffs during this time?

In other words, how many of the people that have presided over failure have been there from the beginning and how many have been replaced multiple times? I will give you a hint, several of those 18 teams have replaced their GMs multiple times over the past 20 yrs.

Now if a team replaces their GM multiple times, doesn't it indicate that said GMs didn't know what they were doing? Ergo, why else replace them?

Thanks for proving my point.:thumbup:
So what? So as long as you move guys in and out all the time it's OK to not make a superbowl? Does that now give you the "at least we are trying" label?

Blame this FO all you want. And up until the last couple years, there was plenty of blame to hand out.

But don't forget to blame those other 18 teams as well. They haven't gotten it done either, no matter all the "tryin".

Reaction score
Exactly...........this is the type of move you make the first day of free agency. Then you have some extra funds to improve the roster with.

You don't wait 2 weeks before the freaking draft and have an epiphany, "you know, I think we should release our number one WR".

So now we have no number one wr and if the draft is the answer, well thanks for telegraphing that for the entire league. Why don't we just post our draft board on DC.com, about the same difference.

The plan was always to cut Dez. We waited until after we signed Hurns and Thompson. We do not need a "number one receiver." That was the problem. We need a bunch of #2 receivers that do not demand the ball and cry when they don't get it. Just throw to the open WR, Dak. Not force the ball to Dez or any other so-called #1 receiver.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
anybody watch the jane slater interview? He is talking about the garrett guys who do not like him and wanted him gone.

He must be talking about players because all the coaches were fired?

who is he talking about? This is going to turn into a huge circus since there is nothing else going on at this time in the league.