RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yea so let Dez go and keep 300 year old 3 yds and fall down Witten.. Brilliant move by the dbag Jones

Such illumination from a poster...:rolleyes:

$8 million back on the books for this season, and no carry over for next season. After this season, there is also no carry over with the Romo contract...and that is huge with the cap for the future!

Player Games played Receptions Yards Touchdowns

Dez Bryant

Allen Hurns

They have been virtually the same receiver over the last three years. How much are the Cowboys really losing by releasing Dez?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-about-money-versus-production-and-money-won

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player Games played Receptions Yards Touchdowns

Dez Bryant

Allen Hurns

They have been virtually the same receiver over the last three years. How much are the Cowboys really losing by releasing Dez?
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I do agree this upcoming year is huge.............if Garrett once again misses the playoffs, I don't see how he can return in 2019.
You can't just go by that. But injuries aside, I think there will be a lot of pressure on him to make the playoffs. Not sure Stephen pulls the plug on him if he goes 10-6 but misses the playoffs.

But I think Stephen is much more dialed in on things than Jerah. And if he sees 8-8 or worse, I really think Garrett's gone. Or at least he will be pushing the old man to agree, and it would be the right move.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a few ills connected to this team. Dez was long overdue for being dropped. As I recall, Dak's passing game was decent if not good until Dez came back from his injury. The game plan and our success faltered and failed as the offensive scheme was changed in an effort to magically reproduce the successes of the Romo to Dez wizardry. Romo was the real OC and the glue that kept Dallas in the hunt. He made Dez look better than he was. The book is still open on Dak, but he stands a better chance if they stop hobbling with a ridiculous game plan. I rooted for Dez when he was all in, but everyone's day in the sun comes to an end.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They cut Dez.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Agreed.

Dallas was class concerning Dez's career. (coughing) It's upon his own shoulders that his career starting winding down three seasons ago, but he was paid still, for his real contributions prior to that. Even in his departure, the team chose not to cut him as deeply as they could have, by just releasing him prior to the draft and allowing for him to re-enter team's planning now.

The Cowboys were class with him, and now he has to turn his own affairs back into order. Now is on his own shoulders, and he just doesn't measure up to a newer team's approach in Dallas...but he has a tough journey ahead, and he still have to regain spent youth and earn his own way. Even now...the jury is still out on his projections.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Y’all like my Avatar? lol

I’m gonna be really, really mad if after cutting Dez they pass up on D.J. Moore to trade up for Calvin Ridley... and then keep Terrance Williams. :facepalm:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Interesting move. I wonder how this has an impact on Dak. I thought dak had some of his best games his first year when dez wasn't on the field. More focus was put on him getting the ball to the open guy. He made quicker decisions as well. Instead of wasting a half second going through his progressions trying to "get dez involved". Hopefully its good for dak.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Y’all like my Avatar? lol
jOoig0L.gif

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Looking at our WRs now... with Dak? We're so screwed.
No we’re not. Anything special about last year? The offensive passing game stunk. They are going to do to the WR’s what they did to the secondary,and QB too if Dak isn’t cutting it. I say forge ahead with the rebuild,and let er rip.

staubach24

Reaction score
“Dez probably got cut because he called out the coaches the same way they do us” - former Dez teammate

Redhead and his ego.[/QU Sideline rants, inability or lack of interest in learning how to run proper routes, demanding the ball when he struggles to get open, and carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. (if you watch the Seattle game last year he actually tried to stiff arm a guy with the hand that was carrying the ball, causing a fumble, which helped end our season. Anybody with a brain stem could of told you that his run was over then. I think he's gonna find out the hard way that they're is not as much interest in him, at his current salary anyway. Regardless of the tools that God blessed him with, you can't just roll out of bed and make it to the hall of fame. It takes a lot of work Good Luck Dez,

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
It seems weird to me that you have over 12,000 posts but less that 600 likes. That like .05% quality right there. LOL
If you take a look at my activity, I was a huge poster before we switch from VBulletin to Xenforo. That makes 98.5% of my posts (maybe more) from before we had likes.