Dez Bryant: I'm a Cowboy for life

NorthDalal

Reaction score
The Jarvis Landry franchise tag is at 16 million.He averaged 8.8 yds per catch last year.That's the new bar.
Expect no reduction in Dez' salary.Time to attend to the pass blocking,not the receivers.Dak isn't Tony,he doesn't throw receivers open,he also doesn't throw ill advised passes to covered receivers like Tony did....regularly. It's time for Linehan to adjust.

superonyx

Reaction score
His idea of reasonable and another person's could be completely different.

When athletes with egos start throwing around the word "respect" and that they "know it is a business", that usually is not a case where there will be what should be a "reasonable" outcome.

He is not going to admit that he is not among the league's elite, even though he is being paid like it.

So, he is going to expect "respect" in the form of some kind of tweak that probably keeps his salary exactly where it is and then he would think he was helping the Cowboys out by giving some temporary relief in terms of the cap hit.

When they say "its not about the money", it really is about the money.
Time will tell.
Now what happens if he takes a pay cut and then this coming season we figure out figure out how not too force bad passes to him because Dak is under non stop pressure and no one else can figure out how to get open in a predictable offense...Dez’s production increases back to where it was......do we then vilify him for asking for more money? It feels to me fans are quick to demand a player take a pay cut when production is down but will turn on a player quickly when the player asks for a raise.

Btw. If Zeke were to get hurt and missed a significant amount of time this coming season I full expect to see the same terrible offense we saw this season when Zeke was out. This offense is stale and predictable and until this changes Dak, Dez, T Will, Witten will continue to struggle.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I hope he’s a Cowboy for life. I’ma shed a manly tear the day he isn’t on the team anymore.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be somewhat surprised if the Cowboys' organization fails to augment our offense with a WR acquisition within the first three rounds of the upcoming draft. It serves our offense no timely purpose if better WR help isn't forthcoming in the upcoming draft. A potentially impactful WR like Sutton could do much to lift our offense to better things in the future. Of course, he'll likely be a 1st round selection, although there will be others who should be deserving of a fairly early welcome as well. Dez may be a "Cowboy for life" but the end isn't that far off, imho.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a cowboy for life

Because I'll never get this much money if they cut me

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sounds like he saying the Cowboys can offer him a reasonable pay-cut AND respect him at the same time. In others don't low-ball me. So my question is what's a reasonable number that doesn't disrespect him? I'm guessing going from $12 to 10M he'd def take. From $12 to 8M, maybe but $12-6M he walk.

Btw I think the I'm a Cowboy for life statement was more of a feeling from the heart than anything to do with the contract situation. I think he was simply saying to her regardless how this turns out ( I'll do everything I can but don't disrespect me with a low number) my heart will always be with the Cowboys and Jerry Jones for everything he's done for me.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what made me love the player from the start. Before all the social media bull he got wrapped up in.

As she said shes spoken with him, and he said its not about the money but about respect. Theres nobody on earth or any other planet that can say Jerry and the organization havent shown Dez all the respect he could ever ask for. When he was going through his troubled time there wouldnt have been a team in the league that wouldnt have tried to trade him. But Dallas stuck by him and provided him guidance and security to save him from himself. That is what makes Jerry and this organization special. At the end of the day its entertainment and its just a game these guys get aid lots of money to do. But beyond that, fans have to realize that they are people.

Best news is the report on Tyron and him not needing Surgery, and he's feeling just fine.

So, Jerry can't do all that and hire a real GM? The bar isn't lowered b/c Jerry helps people.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dez: “I’m a Cowboy for life!”

S Jones: “You’ve gotta take a pay cut, Dez.”

Dez: “Hey, Steph...you comin’ to my funeral?”

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dez' production in Dallas is worth about $4M/year. I highly doubt he is taking that much of a pay cut and I believe he would be more productive playing for a team like NO or NE. Time to say goodbye.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is great. The man will take a reasonable pay cut if asked.

Like I always say...you don’t need to upgrade Dezs position by cutting him when you have T Will and nothing else behind him. If you want a WR upgrade then get one....sorry T Will and Noah Brown...your scaring no one.. heck even Beasley’s position isn’t a lock. Dez, Ridley, and T Will sure sounds better than Ridley, Beasley and T Will...

Free agency is getting slimmer each day with guys like Landry getting franchise tag.

When/where did Dez say he would take a pay cut?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. Wasn't it Dez who didn't show up to training camp and threatened to not play regular season games unless a deal was agreed on? They should have stuck with the franchise tag.