Dez Bryant: I'm a Cowboy for life

Jenky

Reaction score
I’m out on getting a first round WR until Dak improves his passing.

I’d rather have OL or a TE. Something we will actually use.

So you're saying Antonio Brown wouldnt even help us? :) Says a lot about the QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Keep Dez. He's good at jump balls. So, use him in a part time role, and pay him commensurately.

Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you're saying Antonio Brown wouldnt even help us? :) Says a lot about the QB.

Nope.

Garrett wouldn’t know how to use him and Dak would not be good at getting him the ball.

Championship teams keep proving scheme over WR.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dez has been an ardent Cowboy his entire career.
He loves this team and has been on both sides of team love/team tough love.

The team introduced him to David Wells who pretty much raked him over the coals financially but certainly kept him out of trouble.
The team (likely listening to Wells) played a major part in the fake "tape" scandal at the time he was negotiating.

Fans needs to realize he has undoubtedly been overpaid the past few years but he was heinously underpaid before that.
It all evens out.

Getting the deal right so he can retire here is important.
Dez really is like Mike Irvin. He has warts, he has ability and most importantly he is truly ours.
The dude is like family.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is what made me love the player from the start. Before all the social media bull he got wrapped up in.

As she said shes spoken with him, and he said its not about the money but about respect. Theres nobody on earth or any other planet that can say Jerry and the organization havent shown Dez all the respect he could ever ask for. When he was going through his troubled time there wouldnt have been a team in the league that wouldnt have tried to trade him. But Dallas stuck by him and provided him guidance and security to save him from himself. That is what makes Jerry and this organization special. At the end of the day its entertainment and its just a game these guys get aid lots of money to do. But beyond that, fans have to realize that they are people.

Best news is the report on Tyron and him not needing Surgery, and he's feeling just fine.

Andrew Siciliano
Mans got some serious sound catchers, every time I see him, I'm thinking, cmon man, you can afford it, get an ear tuck.
Always reminds me of the MR potato head when I was a kid.
He would fly off in a hurricane.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is what made me love the player from the start. Before all the social media bull he got wrapped up in.

As she said shes spoken with him, and he said its not about the money but about respect. Theres nobody on earth or any other planet that can say Jerry and the organization havent shown Dez all the respect he could ever ask for. When he was going through his troubled time there wouldnt have been a team in the league that wouldnt have tried to trade him. But Dallas stuck by him and provided him guidance and security to save him from himself. That is what makes Jerry and this organization special. At the end of the day its entertainment and its just a game these guys get aid lots of money to do. But beyond that, fans have to realize that they are people.

Best news is the report on Tyron and him not needing Surgery, and he's feeling just fine.

Yah, its not about money its about respect? And how does he want to be shown respect? By paying him lots of money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, it's real intelligent to ignore the WR position because you don't think the QB is any good.

Until this QB starts playing well we're not getting him any receivers.

QB played well for the first 24 games troll. It was only the last 8 when the run game and Oline when to puddy.

Your troll agenda continue to show itself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Andrew Siciliano
Mans got some serious sound catchers, every time I see him, I'm thinking, cmon man, you can afford it, get an ear tuck.
Always reminds me of the MR potato head when I was a kid.
He would fly off in a hurricane.

Did he noodle that out of a hole?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

The team introduced him to David Wells who pretty much raked him over the coals financially but certainly kept him out of trouble.
The team (likely listening to Wells) played a major part in the fake "tape" scandal at the time he was negotiating.

Fans needs to realize he has undoubtedly been overpaid the past few years but he was heinously underpaid before that.
It all evens out.

Dez really is like Mike Irvin. He has warts, he has ability and most importantly he is truly ours.
The dude is like family.
He does have to give a team friendly extension if he wants to be a lifer

If he adds 3 years and 25m to his 2/25m deal that saves face and cap space.......5/50m

Give him 20m of that gtd and everyone is happy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is great. The man will take a reasonable pay cut if asked.

Like I always say...you don’t need to upgrade Dezs position by cutting him when you have T Will and nothing else behind him. If you want a WR upgrade then get one....sorry T Will and Noah Brown...your scaring no one.. heck even Beasley’s position isn’t a lock. Dez, Ridley, and T Will sure sounds better than Ridley, Beasley and T Will...

Free agency is getting slimmer each day with guys like Landry getting franchise tag.

If Dez would take a pay cut to around 7 million a year and become the #2 WR on this team that would be fine. He is an awesome #2, but no longer a #1.

kskboys

Reaction score

It all evens out.

The dude is like family.
No he's not. Irvin was a route running fiend who played hard at all times. Dez is a slacker who only wants to play when his number is called. They're like polar opposites.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Did he noodle that out of a hole?
No noddle on that big fella, would have drowned me for sure.
Caught that big cat off a tributary on the Nicoya Peninsula CR, on a trot line.
Had to jump in to get the pick, boat mate snapped the shot.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cowboy for life my ***. He says that now because he's getting handsomely paid. Overpaid. Before his chubby contract he was ready to leave Dallas.
#Me1st

visionary

Reaction score

I'm a fan
I care about winning
Jerry and this organization are nothing special. In fact they're less than mediocre

If Dez wants respect for himself HE needs to respect himself, respect the game, respect the fans and respect the organization that paid him by coming in prepared, practicing hard, showing up in games and not going half assed

"Respect" is earned Dez
You haven't done anything to earn the respect of your peers or your fans

Growing up would be a good start

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No he's not. Irvin was a route running fiend who played hard at all times. Dez is a slacker who only wants to play when his number is called. They're like polar opposites.
Agreed. When the team is winning the game and Dez self destructs because he's not getting the ball there's absolutely no reason to mention him in the same convo as Irvin. Zero.
The only thing that pisses me off more is the idiotic coaching staff and maybe Dak too for forcing the ball to him when he has a tantrum. (See Seattle game)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He does have to give a team friendly extension if he wants to be a lifer

If he adds 3 years and 25m to his 2/25m deal that saves face and cap space.......5/50m

Give him 20m of that gtd and everyone is happy

Not everyone, there will still be many that will be unhappy no matter what happens. :laugh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboy for life my ***. He says that now because he's getting handsomely paid. Overpaid. Before his chubby contract he was ready to leave Dallas.
#Me1st
that's complete nonsense.
he said he was a cowboy for life before he signed the deal and pretty much every day since he was drafted.
he even worked in his pre-draft stuff to be drafted here living in DeSoto and training locally.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Irvin ran like 3 routes. The offense had like 6 plays total.
Yes, he played hard. Yes, he was an emotional leader.
He also has Aikman and Emmitt and a great OL.

Irvin himself calls Dez his son. He literally hates fans like you that bag on Dez.