Dez Bryant in 'financial distress' before signing new deal

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
The Cowboys were also weary of giving Bryant such a huge deal because he is “high-maintenance and worrisome,” Cole writes. He adds that Bryant allegedly also has “no sense of time management” and is “consistently late to meetings, team buses and other team functions.”

The wide receiver’s perceived shortcomings in these areas led to Bryant losing an estimated $400,000 and $1 million in income from endorsements, according to two sources. Given Bryant’s purported “financial distress” and lack of marketability, the so-called “guaranteed” money probably went a long way in getting the deal done.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ant-financial-distress-before-new-deal-072715

burmafrd

Reaction score
yeah sure. As much visibility as the NON CATCH got sure Bryant is seeing fewer endorsement opportunities. Now where is this video this guy was ranting about a few months ago?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Heard that on ESPN His & Hers earlier today. Hope that ain't true bout Dez, but it would not surprise me either of it was.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Well I guess if you sign an immature prima donna, waiting for him to run out of money is always an option you cant discount from happening. I don't know if true or not, but if it happens with the next contract hes no longer immature, but financially illiterate. Jeesh, I could make 1000.00 last a lifetime if needed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Well I guess if you sign an immature prima donna, waiting for him to run out of money is always an option you cant discount from happening. I don't know if true or not, but if it happens with the next contract hes no longer immature, but financially illiterate. Jeesh, I could make 1000.00 last a lifetime if needed.

A significant percentage of professional athletes are financially illiterate.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
A significant percentage of professional athletes are financially illiterate.

true dat. Was hoping against hope maybe he wasn't one. Wanted to believe he'd grown up and could handle life without a babysitter.

joseephuss

Reaction score
true dat. Was hoping against hope maybe he wasn't one. Wanted to believe he'd grown up and could handle life without a babysitter.

We shall see. Hoping for the best like the majority of fans.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jason Cole is ethically illiterate. Heck when it comes to Dez pretty much all the media is and an unsettling number of "fans" eat it up with a spoon. I hope it continues into the season though. He responded to similar stories by eating some defensive backs last season.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Did you honestly just insinuate that you could live a lifetime on $1000? What year is it in your world?

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys were also weary of giving Bryant such a huge deal because he is “high-maintenance and worrisome,” Cole writes. He adds that Bryant allegedly also has “no sense of time management” and is “consistently late to meetings, team buses and other team functions.”

The wide receiver’s perceived shortcomings in these areas led to Bryant losing an estimated $400,000 and $1 million in income from endorsements, according to two sources. Given Bryant’s purported “financial distress” and lack of marketability, the so-called “guaranteed” money probably went a long way in getting the deal done.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ant-financial-distress-before-new-deal-072715

Did Cole actually write "The Cowboys were also weary of giving Bryant such a huge deal..." REALLY? Weary? Not wary, but weary? What's next? The Cowboy's didn't want to "loose" money? Making "mute" points? Look, it's one thing to be screw up grammar, spelling and word usage in a random comment, but if you don't know the basics of word meaning, you don't get to call yourself a writer and pretend to be a professional.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Jason Cole is ethically illiterate. Heck when it comes to Dez pretty much all the media is and an unsettling number of "fans" eat it up with a spoon. I hope it continues into the season though. He responded to similar stories by eating some defensive backs last season.

Yep. Jason Cole showed bad colors with his coverage of the Dolphins.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Cole writes. He adds that Bryant allegedly also has “no sense of time management” and is “consistently late to meetings, team buses and other team functions.”

I've read on multiple occasions in the past that the team had someone in place to make sure Dez Bryant would be wherever he was supposed to be.

If Bryant had or has time management issues, wouldn't a team appointed chaperone ensure the wideout showed up to any club functions on time?

Dez obviously has no problem showing up for games.

I remember the story last year about the coaches wanting to deactivate Henry Melton for the Chicago game when he missed the team bus but DL injuries didn't allow for it.

I've never read anything about Dez being late for the bus or plane or training camp choo choo train.

Hardline

Reaction score
If he was in such financial distress, I would have offered him a 50 million for 5 years contract, Take it or leave it.