Dez Bryant in 'financial distress' before signing new deal

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Well if he was broke he timed it perfectly because he just got a check for 7m and will get 38m more in the next 30 months.

burmafrd

Reaction score
seems clear that like some of the media bootlick Brady all the time others hate on Dez all the time. Cole is one of those.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i dont care what he does with his money aslong as he's catching touhdowns. when he's no longer a Cowboy and if he's broke i could care less. Spend your money Dez all of it. Just keep catching touchdowns. When your time is done with he team its on to the next one.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If that is the case then it is a very good thing he got away from the people that were managing his accounts/life before.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i dont care what he does with his money aslong as he's catching touhdowns. when he's no longer a Cowboy and if he's broke i could care less. Spend your money Dez all of it. Just keep catching touchdowns. When your time is done with he team its on to the next one.

Im confused by this as well. Why are there articles coming out about his financial state? This is ridiculous to me. He has every right to spend the money he's earned however he wants. If he goes broke so be it. It's his money.

kevm3

Reaction score
They didn't have enough to paint him as a super violent thug, so they need to come from another angle to create a 'troubled diva WR' image for Dez in the media.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The local media are a lot more plugged in than this guy and none of them have anything bad to say about dez. What a joke.

Rogah

Reaction score
I don't care what he does with his money, assuming he doesn't do anything that could get him in trouble with the league or with the law. His actions today will determine his lifestyle in the future.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Did Cole actually write "The Cowboys were also weary of giving Bryant such a huge deal..." REALLY? Weary? Not wary, but weary? What's next? The Cowboy's didn't want to "loose" money? Making "mute" points? Look, it's one thing to be screw up grammar, spelling and word usage in a random comment, but if you don't know the basics of word meaning, you don't get to call yourself a writer and pretend to be a professional.

untitled.bmp

Kaiser

Reaction score
I totally agree. The guy is under a microscope. Maybe he ain't good with money and he's been late for meetings and practices. He ain't the first player to do that and he won't be the last.

I don't care if it is true, Dez has made around 10MM up to this point and after his agent takes a cut, all his family and close friends are taken care of and he buys a nice house and cars he may very well be down to his last couple of million. Not the best decision making (if true) but he was still coming into a huge amount of money, either from a new contract or from the franchise tag.

If it was true, he would be in the same boat as 80% of the other players in the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well I guess he makes 1 million per month now??
He should be able to get by on that, and save a few thousand a year! lol

I dont think he has any supervision or chaperone's, so he has to be where he is supposed to be all by himself now.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I don't care what he does with his money, assuming he doesn't do anything that could get him in trouble with the league or with the law. His actions today will determine his lifestyle in the future.

so that takes hookers and blow out of the equation lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im confused by this as well. Why are there articles coming out about his financial state? This is ridiculous to me. He has every right to spend the money he's earned however he wants. If he goes broke so be it. It's his money.

Because it had a big affect on the contract negotiations. The contract has very unusual provisions for deferring much of his signing bonus. There was NO salary cap benefit in the deferrals. It appears the only reason for the deferrals is because they didn't want him to get all of the money up front.

If he goes broke, it will be a big distraction for him. The Cowboys want to avoid that situation (again). They've already advanced him money in the past when creditors threatened legal action against him.