Dez Bryant is a Beast!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Hurd's game. He's just a product of having too many other guys playing in front of him. But he is very capable of being a #3 on most teams. I don't think some remember that in training camp there was a point earlier in their careers that Hurd looked better than Austin. Great move in not cutting him. He's a great insurance policy simply because he's reliable.

Ken

Reaction score
casmith07;3586758 said:
Why not? Name one 3rd WR you'd take over Hurd in the NFL.

Um....

Jason Avant
Robert Meacham
Mario Maningham
Jordi Nelson
Bernard Berrian
Jacobi Jones
Tj Housh

I'm sure there is more...

Reaction score
Make a new thread to discuss who Sam Hurd is better than. =P Regarding Dez though, count me in the people who hoped for big things but expected much less out of a guy who hadn't played in a game in so long, and at a position where rookies tend to struggle early.

He is an absolute beast. When we were watching the game, I said to my Dad and friend who were over, "It's just crazy because we have a receiver who is a top 5 receiver(Miles), and a rookie out here who has waaaaaay more potential and natural ability than Miles."

It's just crazy to think how good these two guys can be together.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I did not watch last weeks game. Did Dez have any drops? No drops against the Skins or Texans. Dude has soft hands and plays like a beast. Love it!

chuffly

Reaction score
Dez is on pace for over 800 yards right now for the season.

Given that he missed all of preseason and has been in for a fraction of the offensive plays, I would say that you can't help but be impressed by what he's done.

I was wondering if he was maybe getting a little overhyped in preseason, but he's been living up to it so far. It's going to be scary when he knows the offense better and puts it all together.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the way Dez doesn't back down when veterans on other teams start jawwing at him. He just shrugs it off and keeps making plays. He is mature beyond his years in terms of how he carries himself. As far as his game, as good as he's already playing, he's going to get much better. We've got something special in this guy.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
casmith07;3586758 said:
Why not? Name one 3rd WR you'd take over Hurd in the NFL.

ask a fan of another team the same question, and theyll say whos sam hurd.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Ken;3586813 said:
Um....

Jason Avant
Robert Meacham
Mario Maningham
Jordi Nelson
Bernard Berrian
Jacobi Jones
Tj Housh

Early Doucet
Austin Collie
Bernard Berrian
Brandon Tate

... may be easier to name the 5 or so he may actually be better than.

Cas2800

Reaction score
mitchell2254;3586912 said:
Early Doucet
Austin Collie
Bernard Berrian
Brandon Tate

... may be easier to name the 5 or so he may actually be better than.

Sorry this thread id deticated to DEZ BRYANT......quit trying to highjack the tread.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
41gy#;3586764 said:
That guy hit Bryant early on that first bomb. That was PI.

correct, i'm fed up of refs missing calls on us that we all know would be called the other way

Reaction score
The stupid official was so caught up on making it clear that it wasn't a force out, which of course no longer exists, that he didn't open his eyes to the fact the tackle was made before the ball got there. I actually think had Dez not caught the thing the official would have woken up and realized it was a PI.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
the one play where he fought for more yards and got the first down even after being almost stopped short made my day and was a big factor in this game.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Ken;3586813 said:
Um....

Jason Avant
Robert Meacham
Mario Maningham
Jordi Nelson
Bernard Berrian
Jacobi Jones
Tj Housh

$$$?

I'd only take maybe Houshmandzadeh.

But as far as I know, none of those guys play special teams either.

2much2soon

Reaction score
chuffly;3586858 said:
Dez is on pace for over 800 yards right now for the season.

Given that he missed all of preseason and has been in for a fraction of the offensive plays, I would say that you can't help but be impressed by what he's done.

I was wondering if he was maybe getting a little overhyped in preseason, but he's been living up to it so far. It's going to be scary when he knows the offense better and puts it all together.

I had to stop at this post because it is probably the best summary on this kid.

Dez looked like, from the moment he walked on the field in the first game, like a guy that had already made a bunch of big plays and expects to keep making them.

Almost a man playing against boys type of thing. Wait until he gets a few more games under his belt. I think by mid-season he is going to be unreal.

And I can't recall ever seeing a WR who is both so big and strong, yet has moves like a tailback in the open field. Dude looked very slick on the play he got pushed out of bounds on and then caught the called back TD.

Dez plays WR like Adrian Petersen plays RB.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez is so big that a couple of times when he caught the ball, I thought I was looking at Marty B. Not that he's that big, but for a receiver, he has some size on him.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Barring injury, Dez is going to become a star at WR. The only thing he doesn't have is big-time speed. He is big, strong, great hands, great concentration, tough and knows how to get open and give Romo a good target.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 1000 yards when all is said and done. The only thing that will hold him back is a resurgent RW11 holding onto the #2 WR role all-year.

Right now, it looks to me like we're going to keep RW11 through the 2011 season (assuming there is one) and force teams to try and deal with all 3 of these guys. However, I do think RW11 will end up as the #3 in this triumvarite.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;3587019 said:
Barring injury, Dez is going to become a star at WR. The only thing he doesn't have is big-time speed. He is big, strong, great hands, great concentration, tough and knows how to get open and give Romo a good target.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 1000 yards when all is said and done. The only thing that will hold him back is a resurgent RW11 holding onto the #2 WR role all-year.

Right now, it looks to me like we're going to keep RW11 through the 2011 season (assuming there is one) and force teams to try and deal with all 3 of these guys. However, I do think RW11 will end up as the #3 in this triumvarite.

Yep and there's no shame in that.