Dez Bryant is a Beast!

sk0aL

Reaction score
Dez has all of the tools and opportunity to be one of the greatest Cowboy WRs ever. The kid is unreal. He looked like an all-pro vet on his punt return TD last week against the bears.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3587422 said:
You know when its serious when Im not so sure Id take Andre over Dez.(Factoring in age)

I wouldn't take Andre over Dez for the sole factor Dez and Romo are already clicking on all cylinders. They seem to be a perfect match.

Eskimo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3587422 said:
You know when its serious when Im not so sure Id take Andre over Dez.(Factoring in age)

Let's not get crazy here.

Johnson is the best in the game and is far from ancient.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What a special trio of receivers we could have here in Dallas for a few years. If the offense gets going, and Romo can get going with all three well, this is one very tough offense to defend.

Especially when Garrett actually dedicates himself to some running of the football.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Eskimo;3587443 said:

Dez is an Andre Johnson clone to me. So the age difference makes me think Id take Dez for 12 years over Andre for 8.

A rookie flashing this much so early is special

chuffly

Reaction score
Eskimo;3587443 said:

Plus his prime coincides better with Romo's. Pairing Miles and Andre together in a passing attack led by Romo would almost be unfair. I like Dez, but I would make that hypothetical trade in a heartbeat.

chuffly

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3587470 said:
Dez is an Andre Johnson clone to me. So the age difference makes me think Id take Dez for 12 years over Andre for 8.

Don't forget that those are extra four years are probably going to be spent with whatever scrub QB follows up Romo.

Stautner

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3587470 said:

Andre is a proven thing. No concern about how high he can climb. He's already at the pinnacle. Dez looks great in 3 games, but how far he can go is still up for debate. The age difference would matter if you were talking about the difference between 2-3 years and 10, but if you can get 8 out a sure thing, that's a no brainer.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
chuffly;3587485 said:
Don't forget that those are extra four years are probably going to be spent with whatever scrub QB follows up Romo.
We might find another gem like Romo....I can hope, can't I?:p:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Eskimo;3587019 said:
Barring injury, Dez is going to become a star at WR. The only thing he doesn't have is big-time speed. He is big, strong, great hands, great concentration, tough and knows how to get open and give Romo a good target.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 1000 yards when all is said and done. The only thing that will hold him back is a resurgent RW11 holding onto the #2 WR role all-year.

Right now, it looks to me like we're going to keep RW11 through the 2011 season (assuming there is one) and force teams to try and deal with all 3 of these guys. However, I do think RW11 will end up as the #3 in this triumvarite.

if today was any indication of what he can be for the Cowboys, then that would be a good thing, but we have to remember it is one game for RW, although it was one game then off he goes for Miles.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
The more I see of Dez,the more I like him.
Once he gets a better handle on body control,he will become a problem for opposing secondaries.
Everything else is there.

chuffly

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3587495 said:
We might find another gem like Romo....I can hope, can't I?:p:

I sure hope so, but it did take us a good 6 years of pure misery at that position before we lucked ourselves into Romo. I have a feeling we'll probably experience something similar once Romo retires.

This is also why I will never understand the beating Romo sometimes takes around Dallas. Considering how much trouble we had finding a decent quarterback, I don't know why people don't thank their lucky stars that we stumbled onto an undrafted guy that is this good.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
I cant really put my finger on who dez plays like he goes and gets it like andre johnson and has a similar build but he plays strong and runs with a punishing style like anquan boldin. boldin runs hard like a rb and thats what dez reminds me of with more speed...i really think people are just starting to see how great boldin is when he is the main weapon...he's the fastest to 600 receptions and he had 3 tds today

thssanders

Reaction score
casmith07;3586758 said:
Why not? Name one 3rd WR you'd take over Hurd in the NFL.

the colts... austin collie, or even garcon if you would like to consider austin the second wr, which he's not.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Dez is the first rookie in franchise history to have at least 50 yards receiving in each of the first three games of the season. He's just the 15th rookie since 1960 to do it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Dez is the quintessential alpha male.

He is the baddest player on the field when he's out there, and there really isn't much doubt about that. You get the feeling that defenses are just barely hanging on when trying to stop him.

In a couple more games he is going to figure things out and it is going to get ugly for opposing teams.

He is something that the NFL hasn't seen a lot of. This is the calm before the storm.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
DEZ is awesome! He's got great hands and he's hard to tackle. I saw him flip a guy trying to tackle him during the Skins game. :laugh2: I'm watching the postgame show and they just showed him knock a cameraman down. He tried to help him up, and was dragging him!

Reaction score
I remember when Dez took over the '08 Holiday Bowl right out of the gate and Oregon looked dead in the water -- until he got hurt.

You will find that in time he will completely take over some games and the Cowboys will ride him to victory.