Dez Bryant Is Finally Entering The Elite Category

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;4919968 said:
I do not give Jerry credit or blame on personnel moves because he has very little involvement in them as far as analysis. For my money Jerry is a marketing figurehead much more than he is a GM who creates the pieces of a football team. I give the Scouts and Coaches credit for the product on the field, and the players as well.

Hostile so you are saying the Jerry is the gm in name but the scouts make the decisions?

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MissouriCowboy;4919992 said:
Hostile so you are saying the Jerry is the gm in name but the scouts make the decisions?

Jerry does not make final draft decisions. It's the coaches.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well what I like about seeing Dez shine is it will create a brand new base of fans for the Cowboys. We don't have another guy like this on the team, and really none for a very long time. No matter how much we call out for OL or whatever, Dez and Murray are the faces that will sell this franchise.

I've always believed this is why RBs and WRs are so important to Jerry, and why we will probably take another RB earlier than some think in this draft. We took MB3, Felix, and Murray when we didn't really need to, and I see the same thing happening again.

Whether you have an agenda against Dez or not, understand his life off the field or not, you should be happy he is a Cowboy no matter the problems that come with it. Sure he ain't a boy scout, but he adds a dynamic that this team needs and hopefully it continues.

If you wonder why all of a sudden our team has all the confidence at the end of games to come back....look no further than Dez, cause that mentality came with his recent surge in play. Dez has been the main component who has brought that dynamic to this team, and now we should just sit back and enjoy it.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Langonelives;4919858 said:
Back in the 2010 NFL Draft, 31 NFL teams decided that Dez Bryant wasn't worth the risk.

^^^ stopped reading after this line. He wasn't taken 32nd of the first round, as that sentence implies.

And if my memory serve's me correctly one of Baltimore's guys texted one of our scout's and said " You took our guy" when we traded with NE and jumped Balti to snatch Dez up. So... Yea...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was one of those who said that Jones/White was a better combo than Dez/Miles. Up to that point in the thread, they were more productive through their careers. Miles brings our combo down some, so my edge went to the Falcon receivers.

As individuals, none of them match Dez's god-given talent though. If Dez stays on his current track, he will become the most dominant receiver in the NFL sooner rather than later.

As for Nicks and Cruz, we have a slight edge. Dez > than both of them and Miles is close to Nicks IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MissouriCowboy;4919992 said:
No, the Scouts and coaches do the analysis that leads to Tom Ciskowski, Jason Garrett, Judd Garrett, Stephen Jones, and Jerry Jones making a united decision.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dez is taking it to the other NFCE teams as well. Dude is a beast. #1 WR in the division :starspin

Giants: 9 catches, 195 yds, 0 TDs, 2 games
Eagles: 9 catches, 185 yds, 3 TDs, 2 games
Skins: 8 catches, 145 yds, 2 TDs, 1 game

Eddie

Reaction score
bounce;4919896 said:
31 NFL teams did have a chance for him. Any one of them could have traded up for him. They decided not to. Dallas did.

The Jags had him targeted.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Hostile;4919873 said:
Note to Dez Bryant's number one detractor on this forum. Dez has had a better year (catches, yards, and TDs) than Miles Austin's best year and he is not done. So I ask you, and really only you, who is our #1 WR? The truth will be painful, but not as damaging as the agenda if you keep it up.

I also wonder where the people are who said Hakeem Nicks is hands down better? And so was Victor Cruz. So was Roddy White. So was Julio Jones. Yet Dez has more receptions, yards, and TDs than all of them too.

I better acknowledge Hakeem Nicks was injured for much of the year. I guess that means he will be better next year? Should I book it?

miles austin didn't see the field a few games(4) of his best season. he would have gone for records. not saying miles is better, just saying that season he had was incredible and better than bryant's.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
viman96;4920025 said:
Dez is taking it to the other NFCE teams as well. Dude is a beast. #1 WR in the division :starspin

Giants: 9 catches, 195 yds, 0 TDs, 2 games
Eagles: 9 catches, 185 yds, 3 TDs, 2 games
Skins: 8 catches, 145 yds, 2 TDs, 1 game

:D

Numbers are a little inflated by that one huge pass, but that still gets me excited. He just racks up the touchdowns. I feel like he could have at least two a game if we wanted him to. I guess that's the definition of unstoppable.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zeroburrito;4920039 said:
miles austin didn't see the field a few games(4) of his best season. he would have gone for records. not saying miles is better, just saying that season he had was incredible and better than bryant's.
Oh yes he did.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Hostile;4920046 said:
Oh yes he did.

what was he the 4th or 5th wr? his first chance was the kc game thanks to injuries.

i didn't mean it literally =)

he had 12 games as "the guy" with those stats.

bryant could have another 200 yarder and i still would think austin performed better.

even with that insane season he still only ended up to be an ok #1 or good #2.

hopefully bryant keeps it going.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Langonelives;4919858 said:
Back in the 2010 NFL Draft, 31 NFL teams decided that Dez Bryant wasn't worth the risk.

^^^ stopped reading after this line. He wasn't taken 32nd of the first round, as that sentence implies.

They could've traded up and got him.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
zeroburrito;4920053 said:
what was he the 4th or 5th wr? his first chance was the kc game thanks to injuries.

bryant could have another 200 yarder and i still would think austin performed better.

Bryant's pace this last half of the season is better than any season I can remember from Austin. Plus, just using the eyeball test I will take Dez as my #1 any day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zeroburrito;4920053 said:

In the off season TO was waived and Miles Austin was touted as the heir apparent by Jerry Jones and Tony Romo. he was the 3rd WR until that game, but not because he wasn't in their plans. They intended him to start and he didn't earn it until that start. Since then he earned if just fine.

You would still be wrong about the part in bold too.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
perrykemp;4919862 said:
You stop reading a very well written post that the OP obviously put a lot of time and effort into because of a simple mistake?

You are critical. Are you an teacher by chance?

No doubt. Even I, who used to be quite winded, grow tired of the twitter like posts... even though I'm quite guilty of being brief a lot now. At least I pay attention and read.

I think Dez can be a top 3 WR in the NFL. He's that good. Loved the OP, btw.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The Natural;4919911 said:
Make no mistake about it. I remember all the names of the posters who stood in Dez' corner. You were definitely one of those guys, Hostile was one of those guys, Zordon too. It's amazing the heelturn this forum has done, it's incredible actually. If it was up to other posters here Dez would've been traded for a 3rd round pick at the deadline.

I already know....

Now they act like, they been here

I remember those names as well, especially the ones going against him.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
Frozen700;4920133 said:
I already know....

Now they act like, they been here

I remember those names as well, especially the ones going against him.

That was a fun thread wasn't it?

Jenky

Reaction score
Dez Bryant is the next jersey I buy. I'm feeling Nike Elite.