Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Calvin.

I think Dez has some of the best pure ability I have ever seen but Calvin has an unreal combination of size, speed, strength and coordination that he is literally on a whole different level.

I think Dez will have a fantastic career but Calvin has the skills to be one of the best ever.

Reaction score
Right now, CJ is the better player by quite a good margin. That may chnage in 2 or 3 years, but right now its Megatron.

basstapp

Reaction score
Homers say Dez Bryant, but Calvin Johnson is one the best pure receivers in the game. If Bryant got to 80% of what Johnson is he would be extremely fortunate.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4148643 said:
Vernon Davis would like a word with you.
Not saying Jermichael Finley is anywhere near the best TE in the NFL -- just saying he is a freakish athlete for the position.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4148648 said:
That question is too easy to answer. You have to go with the one with a longer track record.

Better question, it’s 4th down at the 5, last play of the game. You need to throw a jump ball...who you throwing to? Dez or Johnson. I think i might go with Dez.

You've got a point. If it's an absolute MUST HAVE catch. I might go with Dez too.

Overall, I've got to go with CJ due to his speed and size on top of ability to play the game.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think it's being a homer.

Dez has been slowed by injuries, college suspension, and by the lockout, that said he has already shown to be just as much of a dynamic player as Calvin Johnson.

I bet when Dez has had the full playing time Calvin has had, his numbers will eclipse his.

He might not be as tall, but he is faster, and more dynamic.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
perrykemp;4148659 said:
Not saying Jermichael Finley is anywhere near the best TE in the NFL -- just saying he is a freakish athlete for the position.

As was I! Davis is an unbelievable freak of nature. He is 6'3 255lbs and runs a 4.3 40. Bench presses 480lbs, squats 685lbs, and has 42-inch vertical!

That is a tight end! :laugh2:

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4148663 said:

Dez has been slowed by injuries, college suspension, and by the lockout, that said he has already shown to be just as much of a dynamic player as Calvin Johnson.

I bet when Dez has had the full playing time Calvin has had, his numbers will eclipse his.

Johnson runs a 4.36, I don't think Dez can break 4.5 in the forty. Dynamic? Watch the catch Johnson made in ot last week over his head with a db draped all over him. He's ridiculously good. I hope things work out with Dez, but all he is right now is a bunch of hype that can't stay on the field.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4148663 said:

Not getting hurt and not doing stupid stuff. Priceless.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4148677 said:
Not getting hurt and not doing stupid stuff. Priceless.

Anyone can get hurt, as for stupid stuff, did he make a mistake? Sure. Was it all that stupid? I wouldn't go that far. Third stuff sounds plural, what are we talking about here?

The question wasn't who is better now, it was who would you rather have for 10 years.

I think by the end of the year or by the end of next year Dez will be right there in the same category as a Calvin Johnson. That said I think he has the ability to be more dynamic, and I think he gives you that threat at the punt returner position.

So yeah, I'll go with Dez.

kmd24

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson and it's not close. Heck, I'd take Andre Johnson over Dez, and I still think a lot of Bryant.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
realtick;4148670 said:
Sorry friend, but Dez is not fast than Calvin Johnson.

I think Dez is much faster than his 40 time. I don't know, maybe I'm sleeping on Calvin Johnson, but I think Dez pretty highly of Dez.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4148648 said:
That question is too easy to answer. You have to go with the one with a longer track record.

Better question, it’s 4th down at the 5, last play of the game. You need to throw a jump ball...who you throwing to? Dez or Johnson. I think i might go with Dez.

The Jump Ball is a Stafford to Johnson Bread and Butter play and Megatron has been abusing DBs with it. I would still go with Johnson. The guy is a freak.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4148688 said:
Anyone can get hurt, as for stupid stuff, did he make a mistake? Sure. Was it all that stupid? I wouldn't go that far. Third stuff sounds plural, what are we talking about here?

The question wasn't who is better now, it was who would you rather have for 10 years.

I think by the end of the year or by the end of next year Dez will be right there in the same category as a Calvin Johnson. That said I think he has the ability to be more dynamic, and I think he gives you that threat at the punt returner position.

So yeah, I'll go with Dez.

Anyone can get hurt. Sure. But some guys can't seem to stay on the field and so far Dez is one of those guys. He is that guy until he proves he isn't.

Ren

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is what i hope Dez will one day be, so Johnson