Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson

Galian Beast

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4148701 said:
Anyone can get hurt. Sure. But some guys can't seem to stay on the field and so far Dez is one of those guys. He is that guy until he proves he isn't.

He's been in the league less that 2 years.. you can't put that label on a guy that soon.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If there weren't questions on Dez mentally I would go with him just by observation of their physical skills and what they are capable of ten years down the line.

Calvin is already in his 5th season so he should be ahead of Dez right now but he hasn't exactly been Mister consistent. His third year was a little disappointing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4148706 said:
He's been in the league less that 2 years.. you can't put that label on a guy that soon.

But you can label him as being more dynamic than Calvin Johnson after that period?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Joe Rod;4148693 said:
The Jump Ball is a Stafford to Johnson Bread and Butter play and Megatron has been abusing DBs with it. I would still go with Johnson. The guy is a freak.

I have seen them try that play a few times and they don’t alway connect. I’ve also seen Johnson drop a TD pass this year. I don’t recall Bryant ever dropping a TD pass or Romo-Dez missing on a jump ball in the endzone. Just throwing that out there.

poost

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson and it's not even close. Dez isn't even the best WR on the Cowboys.

perrykemp

Reaction score
realtick;4148670 said:
Sorry friend, but Dez is not fast than Calvin Johnson.

Johnson was clocked in the 4.33 to 4.35 range back when he was drafted.

I thought Dez was 4.52 - 4.55 or so.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;4148602 said:
Calvin Johnson in a runaway.

:hammer: and I hate these types of threads.

Dez is on our team now and I doubt Dallas nor Detroit would trade one for the other.

At the rate we are going, I am just waiting for the thread that asks, do you want a wish in one hand and a pile of **** in the other?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
a more pertinent question..

Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson? (arguably the 2 best receivers in the NFL)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;4148731 said:
a more pertinent question..

Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson? (arguably the 2 best receivers in the NFL)

No arguments here unless someone says Fitz.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4148711 said:
But you can label him as being more dynamic than Calvin Johnson after that period?

I think Dez gives you more things, yeah. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm very excited about Dez.

since 2003 there are two players who i just dreamed of getting in the draft

- Steven Jackson
- Dez Bryant

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Joe Rod;4148693 said:
The Jump Ball is a Stafford to Johnson Bread and Butter play and Megatron has been abusing DBs with it. I would still go with Johnson. The guy is a freak.

Johnson has a lot of things on Dez, but Dez has better body control and Dez has the best hands I've ever seen. Johnson is tall, but Dez can jump too and is notoriously good snatching jump balls. Dez has far better hands than Johnson. In a MUST have situation, I'm taking Dez.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4148600 said:
At this point, hands down, it's Calvin Johnson.

He's done more, and proven more, so far in his NFL career.

Now 3-4 years from now will I feel the same? Who knows. But right now it's easily Johnson for me.

He's also been in longer....

Dez..

Galian Beast

Reaction score
adbutcher;4148734 said:
No arguments here unless someone says Fitz.

How is Miles Austin more productive than ALL three of the guys mentioned, yet somehow, he never gets the mention.

That's another reason why I'm excited about Dez.

I see us having two of the top 5-10 receivers in the nfl on the same team... I keep saying it, but it almost seems like cheating.

Any year where Romo has both of these guys, and is healthy, but doesn't make the pro bowl, I think Romo has failed.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4148716 said:
I have seen them try that play a few times and they don’t alway connect. I’ve also seen Johnson drop a TD pass this year. I don’t recall Bryant ever dropping a TD pass or Romo-Dez missing on a jump ball in the endzone. Just throwing that out there.

Johnson has six touchdowns. Two touchdowns per game. I would forgive him for dropping one. Sorry dude, but you are looking through your Cowboy Goggles for putting Dez in Johnson's class at this point.