Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;4148799 said:
CJ will only get better too, look at what he has worked with his first few years in the league. The guy was double teamed from the get go his rookie year, he's never had a QB worth anything till this year.

Dez has the advantage of having a pro bowl QB, & a very good WR opposite him and an elite TE. CJ has had NOTHING up to this point.

I am not knocking Dez at all, but he is simply not CJ and never will be. CJ has everything you can want in WR, big, tall, strong, fast, hands, smarts, maturity and a great attitude on & off the field
CJ has also been the "only target" for that team in his early years. That got him a lot of opportunities. It cuts both ways.

jwitten82

Reaction score
THUMPER;4148886 said:
No, he just spends nearly a million dollars on jewelry and "forgets" to pay for it. :rolleyes:Last year he was pouting because he wasn't as involved as he thought he should have been. I just see a guy whose mind isn't on the right things and that sends up warning flags for me.
When was that?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4148648 said:
That question is too easy to answer. You have to go with the one with a longer track record.

Better question, it’s 4th down at the 5, last play of the game. You need to throw a jump ball...who you throwing to? Dez or Johnson. I think i might go with Dez.

I might go with Fitzgerald in that situation. The guy rarely loses out on jump balls.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4148904 said:
CJ has also been the "only target" for that team in his early years. That got him a lot of opportunities. It cuts both ways.

I dont think that quite balances it out.

Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper (way past his prime), Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, & now Stafford.

That is who CJ has had throwing him the ball.

Another things to consider: CJ is superior to Dez in ALL the measurable things

Wonderlic Scores:

Dez 16 CJ 41

Size:

Dez 6'2 225 CJ 6'5 3/4 243

Vertical:

Dez 38 CJ 44.5

40:

Dez 4.52 CJ 4.35

Lastly CJ has ZERO off the field issues.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;4148595 said:
This should be fun...
I can't help but wonder if you are disappointed by the answers. Pretty obvious you wanted to yell at the homers you admit to disliking so much.

JBS

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;4149000 said:

Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper (way past his prime), Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, & now Stafford.

Wonderlic Scores:

Dez 16 CJ 41

Size:

Vertical:

Dez 38 CJ 44.5

40:

Dez 4.52 CJ 4.35

Calvin has limited agility..he is almost 100% straight line speed..his hips are incredibly stiff..not much shake to his game

Dez w the ball in his hands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calvin after the catch

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
THUMPER;4148874 said:
I agree. Dez Bryant has Terrell Owens written all over him. Great talent but ultimately he will let us down because he is all about himself.

His lack of effort on the INT vs the Jets, his lack of responsibility with his finances, a lot of little intangibles all point to a guy whose mind isn't on the right things.

I truly hope he proves me wrong.

Given a choice between him and Calvin Johnson, there is no choice, Johnson without a second thought.

Wow, I disagree with this. He shouldn't been on the field.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;4149000 said:

Wonderlic Scores:

Dez 16 CJ 41

Size:

Vertical:

Dez 38 CJ 44.5

40:

Dez 4.52 CJ 4.35

You're going to use Jon Kitna as evidence of having a bad qb? You have to be kidding? Regardless he got targeted a lot by those guys.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4149049 said:
You're going to use Jon Kitna as evidence of having a bad qb? You have to be kidding? Regardless he got targeted a lot by those guys.

Calvin is Faster, Bigger, Stronger and 500,000x smarter and people will debate Dez Bryant being in the same league as Calvin?

Why.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dez has a long way to go to prove he is even close to being in Megatron's league. He may very well get there but until he performs at a high level for multiple years you cant really compare the two in my opinion. Calvin Johnson is the 2nd best WR in the NFL right now, you cant compare with less than 80 career receptions to him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Is Dez the only guy in history who gets judged after a partial year of football?

Ask this question again in 4 years. It's like asking who's a better running back, a bad *** 10th grader, or a stud NFL player.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Clove;4149058 said:
Is Dez the only guy in history who gets judged after a partial year of football?

Ask this question again in 4 years. It's like asking who's a better running back, a bad *** 10th grader, or a stud NFL player.

What you have here is a thread designed to do three things:

1. Make fun of Cowboy fans

2. Praise a Detroit player

3. Denigrate a Cowboy player

Frozen700

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4148643 said:
Vernon Davis would like a word with you.

Sorry, but Vernon cant hold Jermichaels jock

I would rather have him over Dez, and Calvin...He can go up and get it..go over the middle and be a possession WR , and he can run past you

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain;4149060 said:
What you have here is a thread designed to do three things:

1. Make fun of Cowboy fans

2. Praise a Detroit player

3. Denigrate a Cowboy player
I think so.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile;4149075 said:
I think so.

I just noticed your post count...your slacking! :laugh2:

On a serious note, I appreciate what you bring to this message board. If you are ever in Dallas let me know.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
No, what you have here are a bunch of folks lack reading comprehension.

The question I posed is if you're starting a team and needed a #1 receiver, who would you choose?

It's a freakin' hypothetical, lol.

It wasn't asking, "who is better right now... Dez or Calvin?"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain;4149082 said:
I just noticed your post count...your slacking! :laugh2:

On a serious note, I appreciate what you bring to this message board. If you are ever in Dallas let me know.
Thank you, I will do that.

Yeah, pretty much all you have to do to know the real count is add 100,000. I set it back to zero on that exact post. I remain the forum's biggest blabbermouth even without the post count. If I tried to deny it lightning would strike me.