Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;4366808 said:
please mods stop the madness.......combine all the common threads......take away thread making privileges if you have to for a short bit
Some people must be allowed to get it out of their systems first.

It's either that or having CNN report about 75 cases of instantaneous human combustion occurring around the United States after we took action.

Have a heart.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
It is funny because I laughed at Denver over this last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
texan by birth;4366669 said:
This Thomas kid has really turned it on lately.He has turned out to be a much better wr than i thought.If i had to pick between the two it would very close.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/awjeez.jpg

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
It's so sad this forum has become a laughingstock of stupidity because of threads like these. I remember the better days. I joined when our TEAM was a laughingstock, and this forum was a fun, usually intelligent, place to discuss the Cowboys.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;4366909 said:
It's so sad this forum has become a laughingstock of stupidity because of threads like these. I remember the better days. I joined when our TEAM was a laughingstock, and this forum was a fun, usually intelligent, place to discuss the Cowboys.

Tebow > Romo

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
DallasEast;4366872 said:
Some people must be allowed to get it out of their systems first.

It's either that or having CNN report about 75 cases of instantaneous human combustion occurring around the United States after we took action.

Have a heart.

:explode: Hope they can just reach the end of their fuze, and get over it soon.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What was so bad about the thread? I didn't see where the OP said Dez stinks, we blew it, etc.

Dez and Thomas were both big, talented, raw athletes who were selected in the same area, and there was some debate pre-draft about which one would be better. So it's not the crazy question some are making it out to be.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Joe Realist;4366707 said:
Tim Tebow and TJ Yates have as many playoff wins as Romo.....................

And one more than Anthony Gonzalez. Doesn't make him any less a fantastic player though.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4367253 said:
What was so bad about the thread? I didn't see where the OP said Dez stinks, we blew it, etc.

Dez and Thomas were both big, talented, raw athletes who were selected in the same area, and there was some debate pre-draft about which one would be better. So it's not the crazy question some are making it out to be.

Look at the numbers. Dez has nearly 400 more recieving yards, 5 more TD's, and 30 more catches. There is no comparison. Dez is the superior player as of right now period.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4367262 said:
Look at the numbers. Dez has nearly 400 more recieving yards, 5 more TD's, and 30 more catches. There is no comparison. Dez is the superior player as of right now period.

Dez's QB is 1000x Thomas', too.

I'd take Dez because I think he has truly rare ability, but Thomas has skills too and doesn't have the off-field baggage. It's not a total slam dunk decision.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4367312 said:
Dez's QB is 1000x Thomas', too.

I'd take Dez because I think he has truly rare ability, but Thomas has skills too and doesn't have the off-field baggage. It's not a total slam dunk decision.
So you're saying that minus that 80 yard overtime TD this thread still happens?

I find that pretty close to Santa Claus.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hostile;4367321 said:

When Hos gets a touch of corrosive edge, one knows there has been trying times...

I think there is a connective and evaluative link between pre-draft talents at the same position. When there was previous comparisons as to degree of talents. It is obvious, that at this point, that sparkle is better to date, on Dez Bryant. But the hit-home comparison to development in a Laurent Robinson doesn't denegrate comparison as to potential and it being developed with time and opportunity on a specific team.

It does have a degree of social redemption, even in a sporting venue.;)

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Hostile;4367321 said:

Probably not, but it did happen.

I don't understand why some here get all uptight if player x is spoken about any other way except as a future HOF or elite at his position like it's disrespectful to be speaking about him in the same breath as player y.

For the record I love Dez and think he has all the tools to become a great receiver in this league, but that's not going to stop me from complementing Thomas for the game he had yesterday. 200 Yards against the Steelers D in the playoffs is pretty remarkable, that 80 yard catch and run was big time.