Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
JackWagon;4367699 said:
Aj Green, Megatron, Julio Jones, Gronkowski ... All having great success at WR/TE early in their careers. So why isnt Dez having success?

I think Dez is having success.

He's made quite a few plays. He's just not consistent. Neither is Miles for that matter and we know Miles is a top guy in this league when he can stay consistent.

If we can fix the Oline and cross our fingers that Garrett gets a better playcaller than I expect more out of this offense.

If we stick to the status quo than that's what I expect.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hostile;4367321 said:
So you're saying that minus that 80 yard overtime TD this thread still happens?
Not sure if that's a serious question or not. I guess not, since I never said one thing about the 80-yard TD.

But what if the 80 yard TD did precipitate it? So what?

Again, why is it such a bad question? To me, it's about comparing two young football players, which is one of the things I thought this board was about. At least it's something a little different from the one billionth Jerry sucks as GM thread.

Reaction score
JackWagon;4367699 said:
Aj Green, Megatron, Julio Jones, Gronkowski ... All having great success at WR/TE early in their careers. So why isnt Dez having success?

Nearly 1,00 yards recieving in your 2nd season isn't success? :laugh2:

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4368212 said:
At least it's something a little different from the one billionth Jerry sucks as GM thread.
If we can get a consensus BeyBey is better than Dez we might still be able to turn this one into a Jerry sucks thread. Stay tuned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4368212 said:
Not sure if that's a serious question or not. I guess not, since I never said one thing about the 80-yard TD.

But what if the 80 yard TD did precipitate it? So what?

Again, why is it such a bad question? To me, it's about comparing two young football players, which is one of the things I thought this board was about. At least it's something a little different from the one billionth Jerry sucks as GM thread.

I would not say bad question just pretty meaningless. We have Dez a very good and still young WR and Denver Got Thomas and I'm sure Denver fans are loving him today. You would think all this looking backward question people would have a sore neck by now. :laugh2:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4368221 said:
I would not say bad question just pretty meaningless. We have Dez a very good and still young WR and Denver Got Thomas and I'm sure Denver fans are loving him today. You would think all this looking backward question people would have a sore neck by now. :laugh2:

It's going to be a looooong offseason.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Risen Star;4367992 said:
Well, lets be fair here. He's got Tim Tebow throwing him the football.

Well the same people wanting to try and say Dez isn't as good as Thomas are most likely the same folks that will tell you Romo sucks and can't lead this team to wins anyway.

So in their eyes the QB position is probably even anyway.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4368224 said:
Well the same people wanting to try and say Dez isn't as good as Thomas are most likely the same folks that will tell you Romo sucks and can't lead this team to wins anyway.

So in their eyes the QB position is probably even anyway.

Thomas with a real QB is going to be a scary weapon. Apparently Dez has some difuction on and off the field, runs bad routes, drops alot of balls plus takes alot of needless chances.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4368281 said:
Thomas with a real QB is going to be a scary weapon. Apparently Dez has some difuction on and off the field, runs bad routes, drops alot of balls plus takes alot of needless chances.

To each their own on Dez.

I don't agree. He doesn't drop lots of passes. I know he had a couple games where he dropped a few but over all I don't recall him having a whole lot of problems with drops.

His route running toward the end of the year appeared to be getting better and I think it showed in the last couple of games that Romo and he played in he was starting to gain more of Romos trust.

What's a needless chance by the way?

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4368308 said:
What's a needless chance by the way?

The way he runs with the ball and trys to get more yards in the middle of the field when there isn't any chance, except for a turnover.

If he keeps taking chances with the ball he will catch fumblitus as well.

Reaction score
Joe Realist;4366707 said:
Tim Tebow and TJ Yates have as many playoff wins as Romo.....................

Trent Dilfer has more super bowls than Dan Marino.

Who you taking?

Joe Flacco has more playoff wins than Romo or Stafford

Who ya taking?

These _________ has more playoff wins than Romo posts are just plain ignorant

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4368312 said:
The way he runs with the ball and trys to get more yards in the middle of the field when there isn't any chance, except for a turnover.

Eh. He's gotten some extra yards nearly every time he's done that. I will not fault him for it. It worries me only because I'm worried about injuries but I will never fault a guy, or look at it as a negative, cause he wants to fight for every single inch of field he can get.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4368312 said:

He started doing that more often on punt returns where he got out of bounds instead of taking the extra hits. Hopefully people will not accuse him of going soft or being afraid.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4368320 said:
Eh. I will never fault a guy, or look at it as a negative, cause he wants to fight for every single inch of field he can get.

Sure that sounds good but when he fumbles or gets an injury the truth comes out.

Actually Dez should have been coached up better that he has already in his brief NFL career.

The mentality here in Dallas with Jerry Jones is severly lacking and it bleeds over into every aspect that football intels. Including into the delusional perception of the Fanatic.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4368333 said:
Sure that sounds good but when he fumbles or gets an injury the truth comes out.

Actually Dez should have been coached up better that he has already in his brief NFL career.

The mentality here in Dallas with Jerry Jones is severly lacking and it bleeds over into every aspect that football intels. Including into the delusional perception of the Fanatic.

What truth? THat players in the NFL fumble or get injuried trying to gain extra yards?

That isn't groundbreaking, earth shattering, news. It's simply part of the game.

Ren

Reaction score
Hostile;4366694 said:
I like tacos.

I've been in mexico for the past 2 weeks (4 more to go :D) and until you try tacos here you have not had tacos

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hostile;4366682 said:
I swear I'm in the twilight zone.

Yep. And your sig applies in this particular thread. No I do not take Thomas over Dez. No way in hell. Dez is a dual threat. WR and ST's. Thomas is lucky to have an Alvin Harper moment vs. the Stillers.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Joe Realist;4366707 said:
Tim Tebow and TJ Yates have as many playoff wins as Romo.....................

Unlike Romo, those guys dont have to win the games by themselves. Both those teams have good defenses and running games, something Romo has never had anything close to in the playoffs.

Reaction score
Doomsday;4368598 said:
Unlike Romo, those guys dont have to win the games by themselves. Both those teams have good defenses and running games, something Romo has never had anything close to in the playoffs.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4366746 said:
Stephen McGee has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford and Matt Schaub combined.

Can we add Sonny Jurgensen to the list?