Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thomas is in a great situation with Tebow because it is basically the same situation he was in college.

He doesn't have to be a great all around receiver, he just has to be a deep threat in this offense, and beat 1 on 1's.

vlad

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4367253 said:
What was so bad about the thread? I didn't see where the OP said Dez stinks, we blew it, etc.

Dez and Thomas were both big, talented, raw athletes who were selected in the same area, and there was some debate pre-draft about which one would be better. So it's not the crazy question some are making it out to be.

That's exactly what I was thinking, the OP didn't say anything to get people all riled up...we have a bunch of overly sensitive homers or something...just because this kid blew up in the last part of the year and the playoff game doesn't mean some knock on Dez. I remember a thread earlier this year on how like 2 people out of a 100 would take Calvin Johnson over Dez. That blew me away.

Can you imagine what people would be saying right now if Dez took a post 80 yards to the house to win a playoff game on the first play in overtime. People would be inducting into the ROH, haha.

Hopefully Dez keeps up the reportedly improved reliability of his routes, because Romo, like all top QBs throws way before a guy comes open. Because there were definitely some plays they could have made together that didn't happen...I think Dez will be ready to rock next year (provided we have an o-line worth a damn)

IheartRomo

Reaction score
CATCH17;4367566 said:
Thomas is in a great situation with Tebow because it is basically the same situation he was in college.

He doesn't have to be a great all around receiver, he just has to be a deep threat in this offense, and beat 1 on 1's.

This is the key. Do you have any clue what Dez would be doing to single man to man coverage? It's unreal how wide open the throwing lanes are for the Broncos.

Dez would pick apart just about anyone not named Revis when it comes to one on one athletic ability on every play like Thomas is allowed to face.

Gaede

Reaction score
I didn't think much of Thomas in the draft or last year, but he's impressed me of late.

I still think Dez's has the ability to be a much much better WR than Thomas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gaede;4367602 said:
I didn't think much of Thomas in the draft or last year, but he's impressed me of late.

I still think Dez's has the ability to be a much much better WR than Thomas

If Tebow doesn't develop much more as a natural passer than Thomas can make a career out of what he is doing if the Bronco's can sustain this type of offense they are running.

They are gashing teams to death with the run and getting 8 or 9 guys in the box.

I love watching that offense in the pro's.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
texan by birth;4366669 said:
This Thomas kid has really turned it on lately.He has turned out to be a much better wr than i thought.If i had to pick between the two it would very close.

Thomas has done well. I like having Dez and really do not spend much time looking at the grass of another mans lawn. It somehow always looks greener. :laugh2:

Bottom line Dez is a very good player I'm happy to have him.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Aj Green, Megatron, Julio Jones, Gronkowski ... All having great success at WR/TE early in their careers. So why isnt Dez having success?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
JackWagon;4367699 said:
Aj Green, Megatron, Julio Jones, Gronkowski ... All having great success at WR/TE early in their careers. So why isnt Dez having success?

9 TDs and just under 1000 yards isn't success? He was 6th in the NFL in TD catches.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4367312 said:
Dez's QB is 1000x Thomas', too.

I'd take Dez because I think he has truly rare ability, but Thomas has skills too and doesn't have the off-field baggage. It's not a total slam dunk decision.

I agree its not a total slam dunk. Thomas is also coming off a torn achilles, 4 cathces for 204 yards in a playoff game is a pretty explosive day. Hopefully, Dez continues to improve but I don't think anybody should be knocking Thomas' ability.

buddieluver

Reaction score
ike taylor is 6"2 with great speed dez struggled against pat peterson he has trouble with physical corners thomas is 6"3 224 and runs a 4.3 40 stop being a dam homer dez is good for dallas but so is thomas for the broncos geez.

isawoj

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4366720 said:
Not sure if srs.

Dez has 30 more catches, 5 more TD'S, and 400 more recieving yards.
Thomas played 11 games this season.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't see where the debate is such a big deal, aside from the fact that Dallas was not given the option of selecting Thomas. Broncos fans have been having this debate since the 2011 draft when they passed on Bryant to pick Thomas.

Fact is that the Broncos fans that I know thought Dallas got the better end of the deal because Thomas has been injured for parts of last season and this one. Thomas is healthy and has finally started displaying his skills in the last quarter of the season, so it is now something worth looking at.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4367660 said:
Thomas has done well. I like having Dez and really do not spend much time looking at the grass of another mans lawn. It somehow always looks greener. :laugh2:

Bottom line Dez is a very good player I'm happy to have him.

:clap:

The what-if scenarios can drive you crazy. I don't know how people do this to themselves.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow.

The guy did great yesterday but seriously?

He's the only big time WR they have in Denver he should be putting up more than double the numbers he did this year, easily.

Dez put up twice his numbers and he did it on a team with Austin, Witten, and Robinson.

This is silly. It's not even remotely close.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;4367896 said:
Wow.

The guy did great yesterday but seriously?

He's the only big time WR they have in Denver he should be putting up more than double the numbers he did this year, easily.

Dez put up twice his numbers and he did it on a team with Austin, Witten, and Robinson.

This is silly. It's not even remotely close.

Well, lets be fair here. He's got Tim Tebow throwing him the football.

RS12

Reaction score
Alot of people dont want to admit that Dez and THomas are very close in ability. Thomas was a big time play maker at G Tech where he had an option QB throwing to him as well. I wasnt sure he'd come all the way back from the achilles but looks like he has.

cnhnyy

Reaction score
What next? Tebow is better than Romo? They got the same playoff wins now.