Dez Bryant poo hoo thread

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
visionary;4857863 said:
can you remind me, who was it that dropped the TD in the end zone with 54 secs left to play?

Dez is improving but if he wants to be 'the guy' he has to make that catch

That was a great play by the safety.

That's the problem with him is that he routinely makes great catches look easy so when he doesn't make that spectacular play yesterday - guys like you, view it as a disappointment.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
FiveRings;4857873 said:
Maybe not punching somebody in the face and putting up two big games is enough to make up for all the drops, wrong routes off turned INT's and what we're used to seeing from him but not me.

Or maybe he is a young guy who is finally starting to take what he does during the week to the field on Sunday.

The Natural

Reaction score
FiveRings;4857873 said:
Maybe not punching somebody in the face and putting up two big games is enough to make up for all the drops, wrong routes off turned INT's and what we're used to seeing from him but not me.

So basically nothing Dez does will ever be enough for you.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
FiveRings;4857873 said:
Nobody said it makes up for it. All anyone is saying is he's turning a corner for the better...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The Natural;4857882 said:

Guess people would rather him be on the table every week like Miles nursing a perpetually injured hammy/groin/whatthehellever

visionary

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;4857875 said:

That's the problem with him is that he routinely makes great catches look easy so when he doesn't make that spectacular play yesterday - guys like you, view it as a disappointment.

go back and look at the play again

the safety was below him and never got his hands on the ball

Dez had a clean shot to catch it but dropped it

great WRs in the NFL make catches like that every single week, every single week

sbark

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;4857875 said:

..yup, both that play and Dez's fumble early in the game. When a defender put s a helmet right on the ball, that is more a great defensive play rather than a careless moment by the Wr. We all love Dez's tenacity after the catch, but that is a downside risk of it.

Now that being said, Why did Dez with 23 seconds to go, end up running a 8 yrd drag crossing route rather than send him into the end zone for another chance at a jump ball. Instead Romo ends up with Witten in the Corner and Harris in the same general area as only options..........with multiple Skin defenders able to either on the long ball..........

FiveRings

Reaction score
The Natural;4857882 said:

I don't know why you're taking this so personally but clearly your love for Dez is blinding you from the truth. I don't hate Dez but if he actually puts it together like you guys say he has he'd be the best in the league

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4857869 said:
Agreed. That drop in the endzone is was horrible. He's still playing lightyears better though.

Wha???

He got drilled in the mouth coming down with the ball by a 220 lb safety. Are you kidding me?

How many Cowboys receivers come down with his second TD? Easy answer-None.

I hope you admonish the great Jason Witten for stupidly jumping offsides again.

Tony Romo for throwing two dumb first half picks.

Cole Beasley for dropping a ball that hit him right in the hands.

Demarcus for going invisible as he so often does in big games.

Without Dez this team has no threat on the outside. Please don't even mention creampuff Austin. No one in football is more overrated than that guy.

The Natural

Reaction score
visionary;4857887 said:
great WRs in the NFL make catches like that every single week, every single week

Like Calvin Johnson who dropped an easy slant pass in the open field last week? Drops happen, whether they be from a hit by a defender or just a mental lapse on the receivers part. No receiver is immune to it. Then again I forgot most of you only watch Cowboy games

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4857842 said:
Dez really has changed the past few weeks. He's there all game, he's actually running the correct routes and seems much more mature after the Hall incident. He's still having some issues with drops but overall he's changed for the better.

:rolleyes:

He's been running the right routes all year. He may have made a couple mistakes a game.. but so does Tony.

"He seems much more mature after the Hall incident."

..really? lol He tapped him on the facemask and Dez joked like he was going to punch him to punk him out. It was nothing.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
FiveRings;4857873 said:
Dez is the only player on the team whose receiver rating has been over 100 the last three seasons.

2010 104.3
2011 110.8
2012 108.9

StylisticS

Reaction score
visionary;4857887 said:
go back and look at the play again

the safety was below him and never got his hands on the ball

Dez had a clean shot to catch it but dropped it

The ball was knocked out of his hands by a great play by the safety. Sometimes, people need to give credit where it deserves. If the safety wasn't there, he catches the pass.He didn't just flat out drop it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4857873 said:

Could you specify which routes he has run incorrectly? Thanks so much.

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4857907 said:
Could you specify which routes he has run incorrectly? Thanks so much.

Look back at Romos 15 INTs, then look at the ones where he talked to Dez after them. Those. I.e, vs. Chicago when Dez ran a stop and go and it should have been a curl.

Frozen700

Reaction score
FiveRings;4857796 said:
I know this board is exploding with excitement that Dez "get's it now" but my question is what is he actually getting? These past two weeks all he's done is make great athletic plays which we know he's capable of and has done before.

But what is Dez doing other than being the physical freak we drafted him for? He's not showing me anything that points to him taking the next step to a veteran receiver in this league.

You're right, so let's cry about it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
FiveRings;4857915 said:
Look back at Romos 15 INTs, then look at the ones where he talked to Dez after them. Those. I.e, vs. Chicago when Dez ran a stop and go and it should have been a curl.
If you track which receiver was being targeted when the INT was thrown, you can figure out what the QB rating is on passes to that receiver.

This year, the rating on passes to Dez is 108.9

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
percyhoward;4857929 said:
If you track which receiver was being targeted when the INT was thrown, you can figure out what the QB rating is on passes to that receiver.

This year, the rating on passes to Dez is 108.9

Shhhh....don't let facts get in the way of a bogus argument.

Wonder what Romo's passer rating is to the golden "offsides" boy Witten??

kazzd58

Reaction score
Smh At The Guy Who Started This Thread... Yea man Dez is really horrible its all his fault if if if.... He caught the and ball dude just made a good hit on him just like the fumble too the DB made put a hat on the ball, perfect hit on the ball.... U cant always look at plays as a fan, be realistic to c what happened and y it happen...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FiveRings;4857873 said:

Exactly what is it you are looking for? Seems he is doing all the right things to everyone else.