Dez Bryant poo hoo thread

raichledog

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4857869 said:
Agreed. That drop in the endzone is was horrible. He's still playing lightyears better though.

Are you kidding me? The guy put his helmet under Dez's chin as he was tucking the ball away. There isn't a receiver in the NFL that completes that catch. If the guy hits him a split second later, once he can tuck the ball then it's a different story but he is still bringing the ball down. Can't put that on Dez, it was just a good (all be it illegal) play by the db.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4857915 said:
Look back at Romos 15 INTs, then look at the ones where he talked to Dez after them. Those. I.e, vs. Chicago when Dez ran a stop and go and it should have been a curl.

So the one route you can come up with that you think Dez ran wrong, even though you mentioned that he's run so many wrong ones yet you can't tell me which ones, wasn't even a case of Dez running the wrong route.

It was a case of both players needing to make a read on the play, Dez read that the CB was jumping the short route.. which he did.. so he made the move to get around him and was open. Tony read that the CB was staying back.. which he didn't.. and threw the ball to the short route. IMO.. Tony made the wrong read on the play, not Dez.

Basically, this whole "he dun runz the wrong rootz" crap needs to stop. No one here is qualified to judge what pattern he's assigned to judge on any particular play and how well he ran it. If someone shows me a copy of the Cowboys playbook and a walkie talkie with JG on the other end to listen in to the playcalls every week, then maybe you can talk about what routes Dez is running. Until then.. lets stop.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
lol only on cowboyzone.
Play better than anyone in the league.... so what, you still suck.

The way that some of you guys demand nothing but the best makes me wonder how successful you are irl.

raichledog

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4857968 said:
It was a case of both players needing to make a read on the play, Dez read that the CB was jumping the short route.. which he did.. so he made the move to get around him and was open. Tony read that the CB was staying back.. which he didn't.. and threw the ball to the short route. IMO.. Tony made the wrong read on the play, not Dez.

I'm as big a fan of Dez as there is but I'm not blind or deaf. On that play Dez ran the wrong route. Tillman jumped up and then backed off after the snap. Tony read - correctly - that he was off and Dez is supposed to run a hitch in front of the db there. Instead he ran right by him and Tony threw the ball right where he was supposed to be. The coaches, Dez, everyone said the same thing.

Dez is improving DRAMATICALLY, and his potential is through the roof and I love the direction he is on. But to say he hasn't made those kinds of mistakes is just silly.

FiveRings

Reaction score
kazzd58;4857953 said:
Smh At The Guy Who Started This Thread... Yea man Dez is really horrible its all his fault if if if.... He caught the and ball dude just made a good hit on him just like the fumble too the DB made put a hat on the ball, perfect hit on the ball.... U cant always look at plays as a fan, be realistic to c what happened and y it happen...

Great post buddy. Look I'm not saying Dez is bad and I'm saying that he's playing BETTER. But the way you guys act that he's turned some 180 after having a career day against Buster Skrine is ridiculous. He's SUPPOSED to burn him!

visionary

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4857968 said:
So the one route you can come up with that you think Dez ran wrong, even though you mentioned that he's run so many wrong ones yet you can't tell me which ones, wasn't even a case of Dez running the wrong route.

Basically, this whole "he dun runz the wrong rootz" crap needs to stop. No one here is qualified to judge what pattern he's assigned to judge on any particular play and how well he ran it. If someone shows me a copy of the Cowboys playbook and a walkie talkie with JG on the other end to listen in to the playcalls every week, then maybe you can talk about what routes Dez is running. Until then.. lets stop.

no it doesnt need to stop

why is it that romo is able to hit witten in the correct place but not Dez?

Dez has a few screws loose, runs the wrong routes, makes the wrong adjustments, and has a lot to learn, after all he has ONLY been in this offense for 3 years :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
visionary;4857863 said:
can you remind me, who was it that dropped the TD in the end zone with 54 secs left to play?

Dez is improving but if he wants to be 'the guy' he has to make that catch

YOu mean the play where he went up high to grab the pass and got hammered by the DB as he was trying to pull it in? THAT play in the EZ with 54 secs to play? That one?
:confused:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
visionary;4857887 said:
go back and look at the play again

the safety was below him and never got his hands on the ball

Dez had a clean shot to catch it but dropped it

great WRs in the NFL make catches like that every single week, every single week

Great ones like Calvin Johnson? Who I think they said leads the league in drops.

Zordon

Reaction score
lol is this a serious thread? of all players, we're whining about dez after that game. wow...some of you guys have a serious agenda with this kid.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
visionary;4857863 said:
can you remind me, who was it that dropped the TD in the end zone with 54 secs left to play?

Dez is improving but if he wants to be 'the guy' he has to make that catch

Are you referring to the play where the safety came over and nailed to ball with with crown of his helmet and dislodged it..? Cause that is not a drop... it was a great play by the safety. Dez had a hell of a game yesterday. His second TD catch was incredibly difficult and he made a great play. Stop hating on the kid who's been dominating the past 2 weeks.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4857903 said:
:rolleyes:

He's been running the right routes all year. He may have made a couple mistakes a game.. but so does Tony.

"He seems much more mature after the Hall incident."

..really? lol He tapped him on the facemask and Dez joked like he was going to punch him to punk him out. It was nothing.

Oh, that was no joke. HE was going to nail Hall and resisted the temptation as you could tell by his reaction after as he looked around for an official. He was hot about it and controlled himself. And Hall didn't think he was joking either because he flinch when Dez did that.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Zordon;4858204 said:
lol is this a serious thread? of all players, we're whining about dez after that game. wow...some of you guys have a serious agenda with this kid.

It's a 1 to 53 effort and it isn't just regarding this game, it's in response to all the pro Dez threads

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Zordon;4858204 said:

Seriously. It is sad.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
visionary;4858188 said:
no it doesnt need to stop

why is it that romo is able to hit witten in the correct place but not Dez?

Dez has a few screws loose, runs the wrong routes, makes the wrong adjustments, and has a lot to learn, after all he has ONLY been in this offense for 3 years :rolleyes:

I guess you subscribe to the theory if you tell a lie long enough and say it loud enough it becomes the truth.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
FiveRings;4858212 said:
It's a 1 to 53 effort and it isn't just regarding this game, it's in response to all the pro Dez threads

Yeah, because after all the negative Dez threads he shouldn't have a pro Dez thread when he deserves it.

What the hell is the matter with our fan base?

:bang2:

FiveRings

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4858236 said:
Yeah, because after all the negative Dez threads he shouldn't have a pro Dez thread when he deserves it.

What the hell is the matter with our fan base?

:bang2:

I like Dez! I wear my Dez jersey damn near every Sunday, this wasn't meant to be a bash thread.

Reaction score
Some of you are unbelievable. :laugh2:

Dez is 9th in total recieving yards. He's playing phenomenal.

Blaming him for last night is just ridiculous.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4858254 said:
Some of you are unbelievable. :laugh2:

Dez is 9th in total recieving yards. He's playing phenomenal.

Blaming him for last night is just ridiculous.

Who's blaming him for anything?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Dez has been great the past couple of games. But it makes me wonder why these crossing routes that Dez was running yesterday haven't been used all year. I know that Austin is usually the one who runs the crossing routes in this offense, the few times the Red ******* calls them.

Dez can be a star if used in this manner, and not just running up the numbers on the same patterns every play. I also think that Harris can and should be used running crossing patterns as well and both Dez and Harris running from the slot or going in motion. The offense has to change!