Dez Bryant poo hoo thread

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4857968 said:
So the one route you can come up with that you think Dez ran wrong, even though you mentioned that he's run so many wrong ones yet you can't tell me which ones, wasn't even a case of Dez running the wrong route.

It was a case of both players needing to make a read on the play, Dez read that the CB was jumping the short route.. which he did.. so he made the move to get around him and was open. Tony read that the CB was staying back.. which he didn't.. and threw the ball to the short route. IMO.. Tony made the wrong read on the play, not Dez.

Basically, this whole "he dun runz the wrong rootz" crap needs to stop. No one here is qualified to judge what pattern he's assigned to judge on any particular play and how well he ran it. If someone shows me a copy of the Cowboys playbook and a walkie talkie with JG on the other end to listen in to the playcalls every week, then maybe you can talk about what routes Dez is running. Until then.. lets stop.

Let's see, a professional scout comes in here and describes the routes Dez can run and which ones he can't. Kurt Warner broke down a play against last week where Dez was supposed to read coverage and run into a wide open seam and instead curled on the sideline completely covered. I'll go with the people who know.

He's getting better week to week and i believe he will be great in a few years but let's stop with Dez being let off the hook because he has made some athletic plays.

dallasdave

Reaction score
JerryJonesMustGo;4857815 said:
Can't argue with numbers and Dez is improving and Romo is trusting him with 50/50 balls. Future is bright for him.
agreed:bow:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;4858749 said:
Let's see, a professional scout comes in here and describes the routes Dez can run and which ones he can't. Kurt Warner broke down a play against last week where Dez was supposed to read coverage and run into a wide open seam and instead curled on the sideline completely covered. I'll go with the people who know.

He's getting better week to week and i believe he will be great in a few years but let's stop with Dez being let off the hook because he has made some athletic plays.

So are you willing to acknowledge every other player on the offense makes their fair share of mistakes?

Jason Witten still hasn't figured out the snap count after ten years.

Romo still can't help himself from making dumb throws at key times.

Austin has his own set of problems when creampuff is playing that is.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;4858749 said:

Kurt Warner analyzed a single route.. others can do the same, because they do analyze a couple routes a game that Dez runs. The rest.. we don't even see them.. so fans coming on here acting like Dez runs all his routes wrong.. or even all his routes correctly.. are simply, full of poop, sir.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionary
can you remind me, who was it that dropped the TD in the end zone with 54 secs left to play?

Dez is improving but if he wants to be 'the guy' he has to make that catch

SDCowboy85;4857869 said:
Agreed. That drop in the endzone is was horrible. He's still playing lightyears better though.

He did catched it in double coverage but got it knocked out by the hit by safety . I was disappointed but it is tough to hold on to it , when you are hit before getting your feet down

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Sure, Dez isn't the guy we want him to be yet, and he may never be. He still makes mistakes, and we question if his head is in the game half the time, but at least he's producing which is more than I can say about a lot of other guys on this team.

jimmy40

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4857816 said:
That impressed me more than the game Dez had. Hall punched him in the face mask and Dez did nothing.
BS, Dez lunged at Hall trying to scare him like they were 10 years old and Hall didn't budge, it was embarrassing. Dez should have just walked away.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;4857807 said:
Not decking Hall after being hit in the helmet ( that the Refs of course DIDN'T SEE ) was a step in the ring direction.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4858815 said:
Kurt Warner analyzed a single route.. others can do the same, because they do analyze a couple routes a game that Dez runs. The rest.. we don't even see them.. so fans coming on here acting like Dez runs all his routes wrong.. or even all his routes correctly.. are simply, full of poop, sir.

Fair enough and I respect you standing up for him. I think he's an easy target because of his immense ability. I sincerely hope Dez is the player we all feel he can be. I want him to be great.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;4859145 said:
Fair enough and I respect you standing up for him. I think he's an easy target because of his immense ability. I sincerely hope Dez is the player we all feel he can be. I want him to be great.

He already is. ;)

Look at Megatron's first three seasons.. then look at Dez'. How do they match up?

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4859202 said:
:rolleyes:

Stupid Cowboys fans..

roll your eyes at me all you want. its the truth.

i love the corner hes turning though. he's been an absolute beast. but...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
crashintonickdm;4859205 said:
roll your eyes at me all you want. its the truth.

i love the corner hes turning though. he's been an absolute beast. but...

He's had 3 fumbles in 3 years.. 1 lost fumble in 3 years.

What was that again?

Eskimo

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4859227 said:

What was that again?

That can't be right.

He has lost two fumbles that I can think of this year - one against NYG and one yesterday.

I also remember a stat showing up that he has something like 5 fumbles this year with presumably at least 2 resulting in turnovers.

Ball security is still definitely an issue with Dez but the fumble from yesterday's game was more of a good play by the defense than a bad play by Dez.

bark

Reaction score
dez is far from a finished product, but seems to be improving week to week

...you always get effort, toughness, and attitude from dez....

he can score from any place on the field which is kinda important for us right about now...

miles , on the other hand, on our first series yesterday gave a so so effort on a ball down near the goal line...the ball was badly thrown and behind him but he felt london fletcher bearing down on him....miles he's gonna hit you anyway, you might as well catch it. would have been a great catch but give an effort dude.....

next play was the screen to harris

on 3rd down romo hit miles in the back of the endzone..ball not perfectly thrown again
but miles got both hands on it...dropped it... got popped again and was gone for the game....

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4859227 said:

What was that again?

:lmao2: :lmao2: where are you getting your numbers!? I gave up on this thread but C'MON

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;4859283 said:
It's not. He has lost 5 this year and a total of 10 for his career.

Show me. ESPN and NFL websites say you're full of crap.

EDIT: I say you're full of ****, too.

He has 3 fumbles total in 3 years. 2 this year, one last year. 2 lost.. one this year, one last year. (My bad on the FL.)