Dez Bryant poo hoo thread

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
FiveRings;4858245 said:
I like Dez! I wear my Dez jersey damn near every Sunday, this wasn't meant to be a bash thread.

You said this...

FiveRings;4857796 said:
He's not showing me anything that points to him taking the next step to a veteran receiver in this league.

Then this...

FiveRings;4857850 said:
I'm looking for the smart plays that a guy that's been in the league for three years would make

And then this gem...

FiveRings;4857873 said:
Maybe not punching somebody in the face and putting up two big games is enough to make up for all the drops, wrong routes off turned INT's and what we're used to seeing from him but not me.

And here...

FiveRings;4858173 said:
But the way you guys act that he's turned some 180 after having a career day against Buster Skrine is ridiculous. He's SUPPOSED to burn him!

I am sooooo glad this wasn't meant to be a Bash Dez thread.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4858272 said:
You said this...

Then this...

And then this gem...

And here...

I am sooooo glad this wasn't meant to be a Bash Dez thread.

How am I bashing him there? I stand by all of this. Trying to make a positive out of a scuffle he had is stupid

Fact of the matter is we're finally back to seeing what he's capable of but it shouldn't have taken this long.

And just to reiterate the original point of this thread so you don't ind a way to lose it in the shuffle, in his three years, Bryant made some sick catches and had some good games, and after seeing two games of his old form and thinking this is a turning point of his career is unfair. Thank you

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
FiveRings;4858245 said:
I like Dez! I wear my Dez jersey damn near every Sunday, this wasn't meant to be a bash thread.

And yet, that's exactly what you accomplished.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FiveRings;4857796 said:
He's not showing me anything that points to him taking the next step to a veteran receiver in this league.

Not sure if serious.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
How do you get this:

FiveRings;4858293 said:
And just to reiterate the original point of this thread so you don't ind a way to lose it in the shuffle, in his three years, Bryant made some sick catches and had some good games, and after seeing two games of his old form and thinking this is a turning point of his career is unfair. Thank you

From this:

FiveRings;4857796 said:
I know this board is exploding with excitement that Dez "get's it now" but my question is what is he actually getting? These past two weeks all he's done is make great athletic plays which we know he's capable of and has done before.

But what is Dez doing other than being the physical freak we drafted him for? He's not showing me anything that points to him taking the next step to a veteran receiver in this league.

Not to mention the thread title.

FiveRings

Reaction score
If I pulled some of the stuff you guys said after Seattle, Chicago and Baltimore it'd put you to shame but at this point I'm pretty tired of getting killed on this thread with no attempt at even trying to hear my point through so whatever.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
FiveRings;4858325 said:
If I pulled some of the stuff you guys said after Seattle, Chicago and Baltimore it'd put you to shame but at this point I'm pretty tired of getting killed on this thread with no attempt at even trying to hear my point through so whatever.

From time to time in life we.start threads that in retrospect we wish we hadn't. I predict this is quickly becoming one of those for you.
It's okay to admit it. We all have:D

FiveRings

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4858337 said:
From time to time in life we.start threads that in retrospect we wish we hadn't. I predict this is quickly becoming one of those for you.
It's okay to admit it. We all have:D

I chalk up the agony I'm going through to the title more than anything. Serves me right knowing how the Zone loves jumping to rash conclusions lol

SacramentoKing

Nunez21
Reaction score
FiveRings;4858293 said:
How am I bashing him there? I stand by all of this. Trying to make a positive out of a scuffle he had is stupid

Fact of the matter is we're finally back to seeing what he's capable of but it shouldn't have taken this long.

Old form? He's never played at this level before. They say it takes 3 seasons for a WR to really break out and it looks like it took Dez the normal time. He's a stud and plays for our team... you should be happy...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
FiveRings;4858325 said:
at this point I'm pretty tired of getting killed on this thread with no attempt at even trying to hear my point through so whatever.

What do you expect after starting a Dez poo hoo thread after he just strung together the three most productive consecutive games of his career. :lmao2: :lmao:

FiveRings

Reaction score
Nunez21;4858362 said:
Old form? He's never played at this level before. They say it takes 3 seasons for a WR to really break out and it looks like it took Dez the normal time. He's a stud and plays for our team... you should be happy...

Okay this is where I defend Dez actually, it's hard to look at 2 games vs. three years but I've been very happy with Dez's three years as a Cowboy and I think up until the first half of this season he was playing at a comparable level to these last few games,.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
FiveRings;4858353 said:
I chalk up the agony I'm going through to the title more than anything. Serves me right knowing how the Zone loves jumping to rash conclusions lol

I think anytime you put the word poo poo along with someone's name in the thread title its a safe assumption this will be the end result.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4858377 said:
I think anytime you put the word poo poo along with someone's name in the thread title its a safe assumption this will be the end result.

It was actually poo hoo but thanks for the heads up lol

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Zordon;4858204 said:
lol is this a serious thread? of all players, we're whining about dez after that game. wow...some of you guys have a serious agenda with this kid.

Bingo.
Dez will not satisfy some on this board until he actually fails. Otherwise, they will resort to nitpicking the occasional play in order to accomadate thier warped view point on him.
Not one thread today about Witten's dumb false start or DeMarcus invisble play. Yet somehow, someone managed to create a bash Dez thread on an afternoon where he went off for 140yds and 2td's.
Unreal.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
FiveRings;4858388 said:
It was actually poo hoo but thanks for the heads up lol

I just figured it was a typo. What he heck is poo hoo?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4857849 said:
Complete garbage.

Projected stats: 95 rec 1280yds 9td's. That is all.

If his pace over the last few games continues he'll end up better than that

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
visionary;4858188 said:
no it doesnt need to stop

why is it that romo is able to hit witten in the correct place but not Dez?

Dez has a few screws loose, runs the wrong routes, makes the wrong adjustments, and has a lot to learn, after all he has ONLY been in this offense for 3 years :rolleyes:

Because Witten runs the same route on every play of every game.

The "run 5 yards and turn towards the sideline" route.

If you're going to come with the "Dez dun runz da wrong rootz" routine.. have some evidence to back it up other than where Tony throws the ball. Tony makes his fair share of mistakes and bad throws as well, and everytime they don't connect its not Dez' fault. Again, unless you know the playbook and the playcalls.. talking about the route running is silliness. We can analyze one play here and there that they show after a big play or an interception.. but the majority of his routes you don't even see. So again.. just stop.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4858723 said:
Because Witten runs the same route on every play of every game.

The "run 5 yards and turn towards the sideline" route.

If you're going to come with the "Dez dun runz da wrong rootz" routine.. have some evidence to back it up other than where Tony throws the ball. Tony makes his fair share of mistakes and bad throws as well, and everytime they don't connect its not Dez' fault. Again, unless you know the playbook and the playcalls.. talking about the route running is silliness. We can analyze one play here and there that they show after a big play or an interception.. but the majority of his routes you don't even see. So again.. just stop.

If I had a quarter everytime Witten ran 5 yards to the sideline I'd be filthy rich.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
raichledog;4857999 said:
I'm as big a fan of Dez as there is but I'm not blind or deaf. On that play Dez ran the wrong route. Tillman jumped up and then backed off after the snap. Tony read - correctly - that he was off and Dez is supposed to run a hitch in front of the db there. Instead he ran right by him and Tony threw the ball right where he was supposed to be. The coaches, Dez, everyone said the same thing.

Dez is improving DRAMATICALLY, and his potential is through the roof and I love the direction he is on. But to say he hasn't made those kinds of mistakes is just silly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698790/is-dez-bryant-to-blame-for-the-interception