Dez Bryant *shows up late* The Ben and Skin Show...Post #27

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3991516 said:
I get the feeling that Dez is all about football. He's irresponsible about the ancillary things, but generally speaking, I've always thought he was cool as long as it was about football.

Totally agree, Dez is like Michael Irvin in that come football time, and you put the pads on, Dez is a beast. :starspin

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
viman96;3991505 said:
If his attitude does not change then it is just a matter of time before these type of actions leak into practice, film room and or games.

I have a feeling they already have.

gmb85

Reaction score
Dez is a no-show, yet Ron Warshington...on time for his segment. Fresh off of coaching the All-Star game. Dez can learn from the old-school brotha.

EDIT: Now Dez is gonna show up on 103.3 FM next. I'm 25% sure.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3991516 said:
I get the feeling that Dez is all about football. He's irresponsible about the ancillary things, but generally speaking, I've always thought he was cool as long as it was about football.

You are right that he has shown up on the football field but we are seeing a pattern developing with him off the field that is not positive or healthy. Hopefully he can grow up and realize his actions speak for him and he is losing credibility.

I am sure we have seen this type of attitude with people we know in our personal lives. They show up late or skip out of work or school. They show up late or do not show up when friends or family are scheduled to get together. Pretty soon this person is on the outside looking in wondering what happened.

I do not want that to happen to Dez and his career in Dallas. Hopefully Dez gets his head on straight and realize the opportunity he has in front of him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
viman96;3991536 said:
You are right that he has shown up on the football field but we are seeing a pattern developing with him off the field that is not positive or healthy. Hopefully he can grow up and realize his actions speak for him and he is losing credibility.

I am sure we have seen this type of attitude with people we know in our personal lives. They show up late or skip out of work or school. They show up late or do not show up when friends or family are scheduled to get together. Pretty soon this person is on the outside looking in wondering what happened.

I do not want that to happen to Dez and his career in Dallas. Hopefully Dez gets his head on straight and realize the opportunity he has in front of him

:hammer: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think it was a wise decision to not go on the radio show. They were probably going to bait him into the whole Deion thing.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
one hour and 45 minutes late, well shut my mouth, I put my foot in my mouth again. :bang2: :banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Dez the football player might turn out to be fine.

I have a feeling Dez the person is going to have a long, rocky road.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
The kid is flaky. Doesn’t mean he is a bad person or won’t have a good season. I do think it speaks to his character. These type of things go across to every aspect of a persons life. Being late, missing scheduled events, it’s all the same problem no matter the subject matter.

DanManJ

Reaction score
I'm glad he showed up and apologized. I also like that he acknowledged that he had problems in the past and the he is working to correct them. Shows some maturity.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DanManJ;3991577 said:
I'm glad he showed up and apologized. I also like that he acknowledged that he had problems in the past and the he is working to correct them. Shows some maturity.

i caught the tailend, thanks for update buddy; glad to hear Dez say that, but thing I think he has to remember,

how many times is he going to apologize and admit wrong while not getting the big picture and growing up. Hopefully though he is getting there. :)

SDCowboy

Reaction score
viman96;3991505 said:
If his attitude does not change then it is just a matter of time before these type of actions leak into practice, film room and or games.

Supposedly it already has. It's well reported that he is no stranger to being late for meetings.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dez's behavior is suggestive of ADD. Of course he may just decide not to be responsible.

gmb85

Reaction score
Like someone said, it does speak to his character. It shows that he cares more about himself than other people. If he had a good excuse like signing autographs for kids or something, fine. But he said he went to sleep. *_*

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3991573 said:
Dez the football player might turn out to be fine.

I have a feeling Dez the person is going to have a long, rocky road.

I think your right

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
DanManJ;3991417 said:
Well he just no showed on them for the show and they aren't happy. Got to admit I wish dez would stop doing this.

he also did the same for a memorabilia show as well. he had a contract with them.

that's irresponsibility.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
This is really bizarre to me. I see more people getting bent out of shape about Dez not showing up (late) to a radio gig than when Dez was sued for not paying close to $1 million in jewelry bills.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what a major over reaction by this board. Its a friggin radio show, who gives a friggin monkeys about that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
realtick;3991623 said:
This is really bizarre to me. I see more people getting bent out of shape about Dez not showing up (late) to a radio gig than when Dez was sued for not paying close to $1 million in jewelry bills.
Is things keep piling up people are going to get more bothered by them regardless of severity.