Dez Bryant *shows up late* The Ben and Skin Show...Post #27

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
viman96;3991640 said:
Stop looking at this in a vacuum. This is not a single instance of him blowing off a commitment. There is a pattern developing here that many do not like.

and stop judging somebody you dont know . Going on the radio isnt a commitment, its a nothing show hosted by nothing presenters at a nothing time of year.

superpunk

Reaction score
rageGuy2.jpg

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
ukinto8;3991820 said:
and stop judging somebody you dont know . Going on the radio isnt a commitment, its a nothing show hosted by nothing presenters at a nothing time of year.

ok sure...

When you make a commitment then you follow through. Regardless of what you think other peoples time count too. Like the hosts of the show and the sponsors that contribute to it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3991516 said:
I get the feeling that Dez is all about football. He's irresponsible about the ancillary things, but generally speaking, I've always thought he was cool as long as it was about football.

your attitude carries over to everything. he may be able to use his natural skills and be good. but to be really good in the NFL, its the film study, practive habits, and all the little stuff that makes the difference.

those irresponsible acts carry over to his football as well.

so the thing to do is not committ yourself. not make yourself available. but when you do, with it comes expectations. and the second thing is to communicate if you change your mind. he doesn't do that either. it shows a lack of respect for people and authority.

He may have come to some money and feeling good. but he is costing himself a lot of money. reputation and how you act will go a long way towards all the sponsorship money he can make away from football.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
would you rather have someone show up late for non essential non football stuff, or someone like hines "dui" ward, braylon "dui" edwards, santonio "smokin" holmes", brandon "all kinds of stuff" marshall, Kenny " i am an idiot" britt, hell even mike "not guilty" williams. it could be much worse. i know you all see this as a precursor to those things but i dont. give the guy the benefit of the doubt

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dbair1967;3991743 said:
Its a damn nobody radio show.

doesn't make a difference and quit making excuses for him. when you committ, then you need to either show up or at least have the decency to call (simple communication) that you are not going to show up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dbair1967;3991756 said:
Maybe he did, and they just chose to not say antying. or maybe something came up.

Either way, its hardly a big deal.

this is the 10th "its not a big deal" thing with Dez. individually these things aren't a big deal. all together it shows some characteristics of the person that he is. irresponsible to say the least.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3991789 said:
It was a call-in.

How are you late to call-in?

simple...its like a conf. call...happens in business all the time....designated time and phone number to call. not rocket science.....;)

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;3991859 said:
this is the 10th "its not a big deal" thing with Dez. individually these things aren't a big deal. all together it shows some characteristics of the person that he is. irresponsible to say the least.

have any of these things affected his on the field play, or ability to play? you could claim he didnt know all the plays, but he is a rookie. wake me up when he throws tony under the bus, assaults a bodyguard, or gets caught with crack and hookers.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score

Now you know what Deion (aka, the devil) meant by a phalanx of yes men and enablers. This thread is Exhibit A.

Reaction score

Everybody already knows Dez is immature and irresponsible so news of a minor incident like this shouldn't generate any surprise or additional worry. We can only hope that over the course of the next few years he grows up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;3991862 said:
simple...its like a conf. call...happens in business all the time....designated time and phone number to call. not rocket science.....;)

And what happens if you don't call in at the designated time?

You're late.

Thanks for the brief overview on telephone use, the question remains. I mean, it's a phone call. No doubt he probably overslept.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Yeah but why should we care until it actually shows some type of corelation with football?

treykin32

Reaction score
Its really funny how alot of Dallas Cowboy fans aren't Dez Bryant fans. As long as he's a Dallas Cowboy and the owner and coaches aren't fining him for things that concerns the Dallas Cowboys, I don't care about it. From what I can see alot people on this message board are perfect in every way and psychiatrists. Dez is young. Dez has alot of maturing to do, but let some of you tell it in a few years he'll be behind bars because he shows up late for a radio interview, sag his pant, and buys alot jewelry. Back up off of Dez. He's just a young man trying to find his way just like each and every one of you had to do. I'm pulling for Dez Bryant to be a great WR and Super Bowl Champion for the Dallas Cowboys. Some of you try should try walking a mile in his shoes before you judge that young man. WTBS: I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo ready for some DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
treykin32;3991901 said:
Its really funny how alot of Dallas Cowboy fans aren't Dez Bryant fans. As long as he's a Dallas Cowboy and the owner and coaches aren't fining him for things that concerns the Dallas Cowboys, I don't care about it. From what I can see alot people on this message board are perfect in every way and psychiatrists. Dez is young. Dez has alot of maturing to do, but let some of you tell it in a few years he'll be behind bars because he shows up late for a radio interview, sag his pant, and buys alot jewelry. Back up off of Dez. He's just a young man trying to find his way just like each and every one of you had to do. I'm pulling for Dez Bryant to be a great WR and Super Bowl Champion for the Dallas Cowboys. Some of you try should try walking a mile in his shoes before you judge that young man. WTBS: I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo ready for some DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not particularly a Dez fan. He's shown signs that he's capable of being a great, great player. But he *is* immature, and he brings a lot of negative attention on himself.

Hopefully, he straightens out and can become a favorit of mine. If he doesn't, it's still ok b/c he helps the team and I don't have to love everybody we suit up anyway.

Either way though, Deion Sanders was the devil before Dez Bryant ever entered the league. That's hardly a new sentiment around here this week.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Right now Dez is sort of the village idiot without the village. He needs guidance and hope he gets some soon.

For all the fanbois on his jock, I'm a huge fan of his. I was very excited when the Cowboys drafted him and really looking forward to watching him grow. The frustration (at least for me) with seeing Dez's name in the papers comes from that excitement.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cynicism is not a virtue. You wringing your hands over this is not a virtue and accomplishes nothing. Taking a stance of apathy or even support does nothing to enable a person you do not even know.

If it ever comes to me scheduling an appointment with Dez then i will care. Until then I won't unless it shows up on the football field. What i remember showing up was spectacular plays and TDs. When that changes let me know.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
He needs a smack across the head. Dude, be on time.

On the real, he seems like a good kid. He will have hiccups along the road, but thats part of life, thats part of maturing. I believe in this guy. I'm ready for him to show his talent on the field. Some say this is just the beginning of it escalating to being late for meetings and/or practices. I hope not. I dont believe that will be the case.