Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592689 said:
I like Smith and Wollensky's (sp) in NY. The Del Frisco's here is not all that great either. It makes me reluctant to try it in other places.

You just reminded me I have to make dinner reservations for Vegas.

Yea !!! Steaks.

Dough, they don't have it on their dinner menu here, but I order it anyway. It is spicy, sweet, crispy, and seriously the best I have ever had at a restaurant. I might have to take my lady out sooner. haha.

I'm in DC and the one in Tysons Corner and near National Airport both have them. I'm telling, the best I ever had. I've never had anyone complain. Even people that will not usually eat it, come away impressed.

Del Frisco in NYC is really nice also. Great people watching to boot. I think the hottest girl I ever saw was a waitress there.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592689 said:
I like Smith and Wollensky's (sp) in NY. The Del Frisco's here is not all that great either. It makes me reluctant to try it in other places.

You just reminded me I have to make dinner reservations for Vegas.

Yea !!! Steaks.

Dough, they don't have it on their dinner menu here, but I order it anyway. It is spicy, sweet, crispy, and seriously the best I have ever had at a restaurant. I might have to take my lady out sooner. haha.

I know about Smith and Wollensky's and I've heard that are really good, but I have yet to eat there. I suppose one day instead of heading to Ruth Chris, I should go there.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
nyc;3592696 said:
I know about Smith and Wollensky's and I've heard that are really good, but I have yet to eat there. I suppose one day instead of heading to Ruth Chris, I should go there.
S&W in downtown DC is major. Not as good as Ruth though, but the location is great.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Dough Boy;3592693 said:
I'm in DC and the one in Tysons Corner and near National Airport both have them. I'm telling, the best I ever had. I've never had anyone complain. Even people that will not usually eat it, come away impressed.

Del Frisco in NYC is really nice also. Great people watching to boot. I think the hottest girl I ever saw was a waitress there.

I used to go to the Ruths Chris on Conn Ave., I know the former GM there. But I know several people at the 2 down here and last time I went, I had more food than four hungry people could eat. I ordered calamari, they added on, I ordered a molten cake, they added on.

nyc, Try it out but ask for a specific table. They will put you out in the middle of the dining room otherwise. The one in DC and the one in Miami are better as far as ambiance, but the one in NY still serves great food with great service.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dough Boy;3592693 said:

Being from Texas, I bragged about how great Del Frisco's was to my wife. (a native New Yorker) We went to Del Frisco's in NYC and ordered surf and turf.

Well, lets put it this way. When we left, we had only paid for the surf as the turf was tough. :(

We've never went back since. Considering they charge over $100+ per lobster tail alone, we had no intention on giving it a second chance.

I have never had a good meal from Ruth Chris. It has always been great.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3591792 said:
I saw some tweets about this other night..

That bill is crazy...

Dez should've carried the pads.. lol

You said it WG. That's sending a message to all the young rookies coming up. NFL is also about a long history of traditions. Tow the line or face the consequences, so to speak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;3592104 said:
Sadly the comedy and event shinannigans is missed by many in this thread. Let's just focus on telling everyone how rediculous it all is and how that is just soooooooo WRONG. :rolleyes: Heck, he should have paid for my broke aunt's hip replacement instead. :rolleyes:

If I ever tell any of you how to spend your money, punch me THROUGH the internet in my face.

Will do Dallas. That go for Sooner speak too?

:D

The Realist

Reaction score
No Morton's fans?

I'll take Morton's over Ruth Chris and S&W all day every day.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Wow that's a lot of money for something that's going to end up in the toilet.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;3591803 said:
WOW! that is alot of eating..pay back is a B!!!!!

Dez should order like $1000 worth of pizzas under Roys name at valley ranch, then get some video of the delivery guy's reaction when Roy actually pays for the pizza, but doesn't give him any tip...

Yes Mr.Williams, your total is $997.50.... Okay, out of $1000... Do you need change? Hell yes I need my change, you get paid by the hour!

Come on Roy, how you gonna help rack up a $54,000 tab for Dez to pay, but you've never even tipped the pizza guy! It's a good thing for the servers that it was on Dez to pay, because could you imagine having a $54,000 ticket, then having Roy give you a $5 and tell you to split it with the others....

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
nyc;3592723 said:
I have never had a good meal from Ruth Chris. It has always been great.

I have had ok. But that is because my expectations were so high from previous visits.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3592757 said:
No Morton's fans?

I'll take Morton's over Ruth Chris and S&W all day every day.

I go to Morton's in Stamford, CT but thats because I would have to go to Manhattan otherwise.

It's good, but not as good as Ruth Chris. (at least the Morton's I've visited. Stamford / White Plains)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
nyc;3592779 said:
I go to Morton's in Stamford, CT but thats because I would have to go to Manhattan otherwise.

It's good, but not as good as Ruth Chris.

Morton's can be good. But it is never great.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3592644 said:
That's a lot of Cheesy Gordita Crunches...but well worth it.

Don't forget the extra Baja Sauce.

Can't beat it for Mexican food.
Except it isn't Mexican food if it comes from Taco Bell.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592651 said:
adbutcher, I go to Ruths' Chris several times a year. It's my ladies' favorite restaurant. Their calamari is amazing and I love their steaks too.

Concord, Taco Bell is not Mexican food. haha.

Indeed. I love the place, their porterhouse is ridiculous as well as their sauteed mushrooms. That is good eating that is not cheap and despite what our residential food critic may say Salt Grass has some good food too. Perry's is another favorite.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/09/dez-bryant-buys-steak-dinner-f.html

Dez Bryant buys steak dinner for teammates; final bill $55,000
Dez Bryant continues to shower his teammates with gifts, the latest a trip to a Dallas steakhouse.

Wrote running back Felix Jones before the dinner: "Our offensive rookies are buying dinner ... I remember those days. Sure don't miss them the least bit."

Bryant helped foot the bill for the dinner.

And what about the Madden game? "I know Roy loves video games, so I got it,'' Bryant said. "That's all about trying to build team chemistry. I feel if you've got that, you play a lot harder.

"There were some things I did at Oklahoma State, like I bought the whole wide out crew dog tags and they had their name, their number and freak time on it. That's what our receiver coach had called us. I felt like that brought us together.

"I just want to do my little part here.''

The Realist

Reaction score
nyc;3592779 said:

It's good, but not as good as Ruth Chris. (at least the Morton's I've visited. Stamford / White Plains)

I live in Stamford.

Morton's is the same everywhere you go.

Outstanding.............