News: Dez Bryant to undergo MRI after suffering knee injury

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's another overused phrase.

How are the takes ad hominem? If they are attacking the subject matter and not the poster, they are no longer ad hominem.

I think some words have been so overused in bad ways on this board that some of you actually believe the fake definitions.

And then use them. A lot. Too much.

I better stop now before someone slides their glasses up their nose and suggests I have an agenda.
The attacks on Dez are about his intelligence, his maturity, his spending habits. his crowd, his choice of agent, his monkey because his on-field record cannot be questioned......that is the definition of ad hominem.......attack the person, not his record

Ad Hominem Examples. An ad hominem argument is one that is used to counter another argument; but, it is based on feelings or prejudice, rather than facts, reason or logic. It is often a personal attack on one's character rather than an attempt to address the issue at hand.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The attacks on Dez are about his intelligence, his maturity, his spending habits. his crowd, his choice of agent, his monkey because his on-field record cannot be questioned......that is the definition of ad hominem.......attack the person, not his record

Ad Hominem Examples. An ad hominem argument is one that is used to counter another argument; but, it is based on feelings or prejudice, rather than facts, reason or logic. It is often a personal attack on one's character rather than an attempt to address the issue at hand.
So hold on. His maturity, spending habits, hangers-on, choice of agent and monkey are not factual at all?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're in denial. It's like many parents and their brat kids. The rest of the world sees their bad behavior, but the parents truely can't see it.
Maybe so. But I think that's the problem here. You look at these adults as kids. Like you own them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know good and well it is used like dirty word around here.

And guess what, an agenda does not require anything to back it up. It is what it is.

So, to quote Diego Montoya:

An agenda is whatever you want it to be. Like Cap said, there are certain posters that go out of their way to keep talking about the same certain guys over and over again. There's people on this site that go out of their way to mention how great Wentz looks and how mediocre Dak looks.

There are guys here who have never liked Dez. There's the group that hates Terrence Williams. There's the group that hates the Ezekiel Elliot pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So hold on. His maturity, spending habits, hangers-on, choice of agent and monkey are not factual at all?
Of course they are not. Especially when you have to go back 3 or 4 years ago to look for reasons to call him "dumb". Someone said he was dumb because he wanted a max contract lol.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
An agenda is whatever you want it to be. Like Cap said, there are certain posters that go out of their way to keep talking about the same certain guys over and over again. There's people on this site that go out of their way to mention how great Wentz looks and how mediocre Dak looks.

There are guys here who have never liked Dez. There's the group that hates Terrence Williams. There's the group that hates the Ezekiel Elliot pick.
Then call it as it is.

Hey, that is an opinion.

I don't know why "agenda" has sprouted here. Perhaps because some in the past misused the word to appear more intellectual.

Either that or just say someone has a "snuffleupagus". Means about as much. It is just attaching a label.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then call it as it is.

Hey, that is an opinion.

I don't know why "agenda" has sprouted here. Perhaps because some in the past misused the word to appear more intellectual.

Either that or just say someone has a "snuffleupagus". Means about as much. It is just attaching a label.

An agenda is based off of a opinion. I don't see the problem. If you have a agenda it doesn't bother me. I think we all do at times. I'll be honest......I have one against Wentz. Nothing against him just his fans on this site.......