Dez Bryant vs. Antonio Brown

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
People act as if Dak and Dez can't develop chemistry the way Romo did and Romo is the only QB in the NFL in which dez can produce under. How soon people forget Kitna got better production out of Dez his rookie year after Romo went down with dez's first 100 yard game and 5 TDs. Dez was even quoted before the Giants game saying "he looks for all the receivers" in reference to Kitna. Romo obviously didn't trust Dez at the time and Dez and Romo weren't on the same page. The same way it took Romo time to develop with Dez, it will take Dak time and Dez's production will increase.

This false narrative that Dez can't be productive unless Romo is throwing the ball is tired and corny.

Verdict

Reaction score
How did this thread turn into this? We have an excellent 28 year old number one reciever. Darn can't some people stop with the *****ing and moaning for one second? He's not perfect nor am I or any of you. I'm standing on the side of people who
still have faith in Dez.

Dez doesn't totally suck per se, he just isn't a top 10 receiver or worth his contract the way he has played since he was resigned.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dez doesn't totally suck per se, he just isn't a top 10 receiver or worth his contract the way he has played since he was resigned.
That is false. Dez not a top 10 receiver is incredible laughable and shows either you don't like Dez or you don't watch him play.

You can argue Brown or Julio for best in the league but Dez is top 5 period

Verdict

Reaction score
That is false. Dez not a top 10 receiver is incredible laughable and shows either you don't like Dez or you don't watch him play.

No. He's not currently in that top 5 group. He arguably WAS when he signed his contract but not anymore .

Verdict

Reaction score

Dez still has value, especially in red zone, but he should be much more polished as a receiver after this long in the league. His limitations at this point are more mental than physical. He lacks the ability to get separation, and consistency. One might even argue that Dez isn't even in the top half of receivers in the league if you based the ranking based on ability to get separation only.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dez still has value, especially in red zone, but he should be much more polished as a receiver after this long in the league. His limitations at this point are more mental than physical. He lacks the ability to get separation, and consistency. One might even argue that Dez isn't even in the top half of receivers in the league if you based the ranking based on ability to get separation only.
Yes hard to play any position while injured. Noticed by the end of the year Dez took over games. I have yet to see where he can't get separation and on a ball thrown to him he will most likely come down with it. You really need to stop and watch Dez play you are looking foolish

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes hard to play any position while injured. Noticed by the end of the year Dez took over games. I have yet to see where he can't get separation and on a ball thrown to him he will most likely come down with it. You really need to stop and watch Dez play you are looking foolish

He looked OK against the Packers decimated secondary, but looked pedestrian against the Giants in both games. I hope to see him "take over" a game that isn't against the sisters of the blind.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He looked OK against the Packers decimated secondary, but looked pedestrian against the Giants in both games. I hope to see him "take over" a game that isn't against the sisters of the blind.
Brown didn't have a great game against the giants. Receivers aren't going to have 100 plus yards in every game. Your expectations are insane and no receiver will ever do that........even jerry rice had bad games

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Pretty fair to say that Dak limited Dez tremendously.

Funny how all the "best" wrs seem to be on teams with top quarterbacks. Funny how that happens...

blumayne38

Reaction score
People act as if Dak and Dez can't develop chemistry the way Romo did and Romo is the only QB in the NFL in which dez can produce under. How soon people forget Kitna got better production out of Dez his rookie year after Romo went down with dez's first 100 yard game and 5 TDs. Dez was even quoted before the Giants game saying "he looks for all the receivers" in reference to Kitna. Romo obviously didn't trust Dez at the time and Dez and Romo weren't on the same page. The same way it took Romo time to develop with Dez, it will take Dak time and Dez's production will increase.

This false narrative that Dez can't be productive unless Romo is throwing the ball is tired and corny.
Dak just isn't that good, he was a product of a great offense and o line...with out that he is a backup on the Browns

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Let's beat our chest over Dez feasting on a decimated secondary. The Packers were essentially playing with a bunch of challenged DBs that game. How about let's beat our chest because Dez "went off" against the Giants! Wait, that didn't happen, did it?
I'd love for that to happen. But the Giants locked him down. He couldn't get anything. Maybe he will this year, I'm hoping.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
AB is a hell of a player, but Dez very well could be as good if not better than him. It's just that we don't force feed Dez the ball like Pittsburg does with AB. All the stat nerds and geeks don't realize it and automatically assume Brown is better because of his gaudy numbers. This is why I don't like to rank WRs. I just have them in tiers and that number 1 tier in my opinion includes Dez, Brown, Julio, Odell, and AJ Green.
Where do you have TY Hilton ( 1500 yds and 6 TDs), Mike Evans (1321 and 12 TDs), Jordy Nelson ( 1257 with 14 TDs), Amari Cooper, Deandre Hopkins, and Jarvis Landry?

I'd probably have most those guys I listed in the 5-10 range of top wideouts, but a couple of them could make a case of being the 4-5 th best wideout.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Where do you have TY Hilton ( 1500 yds and 6 TDs), Mike Evans (1321 and 12 TDs), Jordy Nelson ( 1257 with 14 TDs), Amari Cooper, Deandre Hopkins, and Jarvis Landry?

I'd probably have most those guys I listed in the 5-10 range of top wideouts, but a couple of them could make a case of being the 4-5 th best wideout.

Lots of good WRs you just listed:

Hopkins is an absolute stud. 24 years old and already 4500 yards. It's mind boggling to consider what his stats might look like with a decent QB instead of the cavalcade of terrible QBs they've filtered through Houston during Hopkin's career. IMHO Hopkins is criminally under-rated.

Nelson, like Larry Fitzgerald, both fall into the 'savvy veteran WR' category at this point in this careers. Nelson led the NFL in TDs and Fitzgerald in receptions. Neither of them is top 10 in terms of physical ability anymore, however, they are so good fundamentally at route routing and general feel for the game I suspect they can both continue producing for a while despite their diminished physical skills.

I kinda wonder about how Dez will do as he ages. When his physical skills decline a bit, is he going to be a student of the position and be able to remain productive like Nelson / Fitzgerald in other ways?

Verdict

Reaction score
Lots of good WRs you just listed:

Hopkins is an absolute stud. 24 years old and already 4500 yards. It's mind boggling to consider what his stats might look like with a decent QB instead of the cavalcade of terrible QBs they've filtered through Houston during Hopkin's career. IMHO Hopkins is criminally under-rated.

Nelson, like Larry Fitzgerald, both fall into the 'savvy veteran WR' category at this point in this careers. Nelson led the NFL in TDs and Fitzgerald in receptions. Neither of them is top 10 in terms of physical ability anymore, however, they are so good fundamentally at route routing and general feel for the game I suspect they can both continue producing for a while despite their diminished physical skills.

I kinda wonder about how Dez will do as he ages. When his physical skills decline a bit, is he going to be a student of the position and be able to remain productive like Nelson / Fitzgerald in other ways?

There are a ton of very good receivers in the league. I am not saying Dez totally sucks, I am saying that he isn't a top 5 receiver (that's pretty clear) but one could could pretty reasonably argue he isn't top 10 and maybe closer to the bottom of top 20.

I'm not ready to say he is below top 20 yet but I could see that happening and we are paying him top 5 money. I think the Cowboys are coming to this conclusion as well since they have avoided restructuring Dez' contract and it was built to be restructured.

You have to pay attention to the details. The details tell you more than what words do.