Dez Bryant vs. Antonio Brown

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez isn't close to Irvin in any way except being better at jump balls. Irvin could run any route, slant, post, deep in, deep out, go, etc and was a threat to take it to the house every play.

Irvin was a true professional in his craft. Dez still wants to get by playing street ball. Dez could probably be great if you gave him Jerry Rice's mind but alas I don't see that happening.

Verdict

Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion

Yes. That's true. My opinion doesn't match yours, at least on this point. There is always a possibility that we will agree on other points. I think Dez is WAY over rated and is WASTING his immense potential by being mentally weak and lazy minded. He works out his body just fine. But the mental aspects of his game are holding him back. Dez if you are reading this, get your mind right and go dominate this year so I can stop saying that you are under playing your contract. I would love for you to prove me wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Irvin was a hall of fame receiver. Dez isn't going to sniff that unless he improves his craft considerably.

Dez has reached his ceiling. His most productive years are behind him but he can still put up TD's. The chemistry between him and Dak will continue to improve and Dak being the type of QB who isn't going to force throws and throws to the open receiver, will hopefully help Dez improve his route running. He didn't have to rely on it as much with Romo who gave him a lot of jump ball opportunities but he's going to have to improve on it with Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez has reached his ceiling. His most productive years are behind him but he can still put up TD's. The chemistry between him and Dak will continue to improve and Dak being the type of QB who isn't going to force throws and throws to the open receiver, will hopefully help Dez improve his route running. He didn't have to rely on it as much with Romo who gave him a lot of jump ball opportunities but he's going to have to improve on it with Dak.

I hope Dak sticks to that because it will cause INTs if he gives in to peer pressure and throws it to a covered DEZ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope Dak sticks to that because it will cause INTs if he gives in to peer pressure and throws it to a covered DEZ.

It will always be about consistency and moving the chains with Dak but I do expect him to go down the field more next season. I do think he'll throw a few more INT's but his TD passes will go up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes. That's true. My opinion doesn't match yours, at least on this point. There is always a possibility that we will agree on other points. I think Dez is WAY over rated and is WASTING his immense potential by being mentally weak and lazy minded. He works out his body just fine. But the mental aspects of his game are holding him back. Dez if you are reading this, get your mind right and go dominate this year so I can stop saying that you are under playing your contract. I would love for you to prove me wrong.
I think Brown is over rated. Go watch the last game against GB and tell me how Dez sucks. Go watch the Commanders game when Dez burned Norman multiple times but Dak didn't throw him the ball. Do that then come back and talk

Verdict

Reaction score
It will always be about consistency and moving the chains with Dak but I do expect him to go down the field more next season. I do think he'll throw a few more INT's but his TD passes will go up.

I think that is a likely scenario and a pretty solid guess.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think Brown is over rated. Go watch the last game against GB and tell me how Dez sucks. Go watch the Commanders game when Dez burned Norman multiple times but Dak didn't throw him the ball. Do that then come back and talk

Nowhere did he say Dez sucks. Brown is far from overrated just look at his numbers. Receivers are judged by their production and no receiver in the league has been more productive than Brown the past 3 seasons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think that is a likely scenario and a pretty solid guess.

With more shots down field, you have figure his int's and TD's will go up. I'll be fine with 30+ TD passes and 8-9 int's with a passer rating in the 99.0 to 101.0 range.

Verdict

Reaction score

Let's beat our chest over Dez feasting on a decimated secondary. The Packers were essentially playing with a bunch of challenged DBs that game. How about let's beat our chest because Dez "went off" against the Giants! Wait, that didn't happen, did it?

Verdict

Reaction score
With more shots down field, you have figure his int's and TD's will go up. I'll be fine with 30+ TD passes and 8-9 int's with a passer rating in the 99.0 to 101.0 range.

That would be reasonable stats but I hope he continues to be judicious in his passing decisions. That is what sets him apart and enables us to succeed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That would be reasonable stats but I hope he continues to be judicious in his passing decisions. That is what sets him apart and enables us to succeed.

I'm sure he will but we do need to add more explosiveness to the offense so we do need to take more shots down the field in 2017 as Dak gains experience. Going to be difficult doing that and keeping his int's at only 4 per season. Would love to add a speed element on the outside like DJack. We also need to get Zeke more involved in the passing game.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm sure he will but we do need to add more explosiveness to the offense so we do need to take more shots down the field in 2017 as Dak gains experience. Would love to add a speed element on the outside like DJack. We also need to get Zeke more involved in the passing game.

I want us to continue to emphasize the running game. Shore up right tackle, and get Zeke a stable mate who has 3 down ability like Zeke. Mixon if he is available. That way it is like having Zeke on the field on every down with no jet lag when he is out of the game. Keep Zeke fresh and healthy.

I would really like to see us jettison Witten for a guy like Njoku who has wheels. When they stack the line on Zeke it is lights out.

We could draft two or three defenders out of the top 5 picks and be set for years to come. I agree with the burner at WR, but another possession receiver would be fine if we had a guy who could run at tight end. No one fears Witten except inside the 10 yard line.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Let's beat our chest over Dez feasting on a decimated secondary. The Packers were essentially playing with a bunch of challenged DBs that game. How about let's beat our chest because Dez "went off" against the Giants! Wait, that didn't happen, did it?
And Brown didn't go off against our secondary.......your point is

Verdict

Reaction score
And Brown didn't go off against our secondary.......your point is

Our secondary was pretty good last year. In fact it was the strength of the defense. What did Dez have against the Giants in two games? Maybe 3 catches for 20 yards or so wit no TDs?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Our secondary was pretty good last year. In fact it was the strength of the defense. What did Dez have against the Giants in two games? Maybe 3 catches for 20 yards or so wit no TDs?
How many yards did Brown have against the giants.....it's OK I will wait

perrykemp

Reaction score

Dez had great stats vs GB in the playoffs, however, let's not act like he was covered by a starting CB. He was a UDFA who started the season as CB4 or CB5 until they where hit by a number of injuries.

Last edited:

negativecreep

Reaction score
How did this thread turn into this? We have an excellent 28 year old number one reciever. Darn can't some people stop with the *****ing and moaning for one second? He's not perfect nor am I or any of you. I'm standing on the side of people who still have faith in Dez.