Dez Bryant

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3484335 said:
Since when?

Since they signed that NFL contract that you know, puts them in the public eye. Where do you think all that money comes from btw? The Internet?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3484336 said:
Since they signed that NFL contract that you know, puts them in the public eye. Where do you think all that money comes from? The Internet?

You have a really interesting concept of what "public property" is then.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I never understood why people make a big deal of freakin' ink.

I'd rather take a pic with a player than have them scribble their name on a shirt or football.

Ware2010

Reaction score
I don't know about being "public property" since it is illegal for a person or business to own another person.

Ware2010

Reaction score
JBell523;3484349 said:
I never understood why people make a big deal of freakin' ink.

I'd rather take a pic with a player than have them scribble their name on a shirt or football.

I never have understood autographs either unless it's on a piece of athletic equipment, book, or picture.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3484336 said:
Since they signed that NFL contract that you know, puts them in the public eye. Where do you think all that money comes from btw? The Internet?
Big difference between a public figure and public property...

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith did the same to me back in the day. I was within a foot of the guy but didn't get an autograph. I wasn't mad. Just dissapointed.

JBS

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;3484366 said:
Emmitt Smith did the same to me back in the day. I was within a foot of the guy but didn't get an autograph. I wasn't mad. Just dissapointed.

I knew there was a reason why you weren't on the Hall of Fame game roll call..

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
I could've gotten a bunch of players autographs at the Charity basketball game at Coppell HS (Ballin with the Boys), but passed on it. The reason was because it was too dang HOT in the gym where the autograph line was! :eek: I felt bad for the players sitting at that table because it was stifling in there! I don't know why they didn't have the A/C on in there!

Dez was there that night. Also a bunch of other former and current Cowboys players. The only one I saw that didn't sign autographs was Michael Irvin.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I am asked to sign autographs all the time. It is seriously annoying.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3484343 said:

Perhpas the proper term is "public figure" which allows for the media to publush stories without having to ask permission or clarify identities, the individual is known on sight. I feel for the fans who hope for an autograph, but I also feel for the player, who signs literally hundreds and hundreds of autographs. It can become a distraction. If I was the OP, I'd try another day. I realize that you're likely not going to get VIP passes again, but here's hoping for another opportunity.

JBS

Reaction score
AbeBeta;3484385 said:
I am asked to sign autographs all the time. It is seriously annoying.

no wonder nobody likes you

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I kindof understand the disappointment. Never everyone gets a chance to get out there every day to try to snag autograph.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3484343 said:

Not really. They endeavor to play football for our enjoyment. We own them. Same with Katy Perry.

peplaw06;3484359 said:
Big difference between a public figure and public property...

I view them as one in the same.

BTW Abraham Lincoln once claimed that since he was Pres, he became public property.

big dog cowboy;3484361 said:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
76-04853-F.jpg

oh noez, Dez didn't scribble this on my helmet :cry2:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Last time I went to training camp, what I realized was that players would take certain days off from signing. They might sign a couple days in a row and then take a day off. I rarely would ever see players sign every day.

So maybe this is one of Dez's days off.

Personally, I'd rather our guys be focusing on football. If fans want signatures, then throw some fan appreciation day thing after camp is over and let people stand in line for autographs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3484387 said:
no wonder nobody likes you

they like me enough to ask. but I tell them that I was in that boy band years ago and I really can't listen to it anymore.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;3484410 said:
Last time I went to training camp, what I realized was that players would take certain days off from signing. They might sign a couple days in a row and then take a day off. I rarely would ever see players sign every day.

So maybe this is one of Dez's days off.

Personally, I'd rather our guys be focusing on football. If fans want signatures, then throw some fan appreciation day thing after camp is over and let people stand in line for autographs.
:laugh2: