Dez called into Ben and Skin **merged**

kskboys

Reaction score
Dez never said it was about the money. He was asked about money equating to respect, he never answered and said that was something to be discussed with the Joneses and his agent. When did he disrespect the Cowboys?
He disrespected the Cowboys by threatening to hold out for more money, and then didn't work hard to become a better player when they paid him. And just now admitted he wasn't keeping his head in the game. That is highly highly disrespectful.

A player doesn't have to state that it's about the money for it to be obvious that it's about the money.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He disrespected the Cowboys by threatening to hold out for more money, and then didn't work hard to become a better player when they paid him. And just now admitted he wasn't keeping his head in the game. That is highly highly disrespectful.

A player doesn't have to state that it's about the money for it to be obvious that it's about the money.

It’s ok for it to be about the money. But he just needs to admit it.

I’m also tired of hearing “I was hurt”

That makes me feel no better. That makes 3 years in a row where injury affected his performance.

NEWS FLASH DEZ: If you can’t stay healthy enough to perform at a high level, then you aren’t worth the contract.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dez isn't exactly playing like a no. 1.
out of 32 NFL starters at his position , i'm sure hes in the middle so not all are Elite just like the argument of Romo VS Roger/brady/Brees types its not fair ..at one point dez was over 3-4 year period a top WR he was considered elite and got paid..Injuries have hurt him but last year all were off , not one WR or anybody on offense stepped up, so they all should take pay cuts?

lots of NFL players get paid and have hard time being what they were that earned their big contracts..Its not an excuse but those saying he hasn't been good the last 3 years and cant sync up with Dak just isn't true..first off yes 2017 not great all all especially the drops but in 2016 he played 12 full games and partial one plus missed 3 games due to injury..he had over 800 yards and 6 tds BUT 15.9 YPC yes that was his BEST YPC in his career than had an awesome game against GB in the playoffs..that projects to 1k and 10tds for ayear sure its not 1500 but its also not athrowing offense anymore and Romo is no longer here, Romo just was a better thrower when he left and dak is not there yet.our identity is now run first throw short passes and that's just not going to have a 1500 yard 13 td WR as a starter anymore..lesson the drops catch afew tough catches more and he will be fine..

SO yes he was our #1 and played like it given the rest of the WRs did squat either so he was the best of the worst , dak was off the line was off, Zeke was suspended, witten was a bit off, beasly regressed so on and so forth..

2017 was a regression year for the TEAM other than Irving and Tank..pretty much a failed team effort..lets just hope 2018 we get something close to 14/16..
im not making excuses for Dez but if we rip him than we rip the team, it wasn't like he was the guy who ruined 2017..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
out of 32 NFL starters at his position , i'm sure hes in the middle so not all are Elite just like the argument of Romo VS Roger/brady/Brees types its not fair ..at one point dez was over 3-4 year period a top WR he was considered elite and got paid..Injuries have hurt him but last year all were off , not one WR or anybody on offense stepped up, so they all should take pay cuts?

lots of NFL players get paid and have hard time being what they were that earned their big contracts..Its not an excuse but those saying he hasn't been good the last 3 years and cant sync up with Dak just isn't true..first off yes 2017 not great all all especially the drops but in 2016 he played 12 full games and partial one plus missed 3 games due to injury..he had over 800 yards and 6 tds BUT 15.9 YPC yes that was his BEST YPC in his career than had an awesome game against GB in the playoffs..that projects to 1k and 10tds for ayear sure its not 1500 but its also not athrowing offense anymore and Romo is no longer here, Romo just was a better thrower when he left and dak is not there yet.our identity is now run first throw short passes and that's just not going to have a 1500 yard 13 td WR as a starter anymore..lesson the drops catch afew tough catches more and he will be fine..

SO yes he was our #1 and played like it given the rest of the WRs did squat either so he was the best of the worst , dak was off the line was off, Zeke was suspended, witten was a bit off, beasly regressed so on and so forth..

2017 was a regression year for the TEAM other than Irving and Tank..pretty much a failed team effort..lets just hope 2018 we get something close to 14/16..
im not making excuses for Dez but if we rip him than we rip the team, it wasn't like he was the guy who ruined 2017..
We'll be just fine if we make a change. We did just fine when Dez was not on the field, in fact at times we did better. He did NOT play like a No. 1, he's NOT elite and he's barely in the top 20. Which does NOT deserve being paid more than legit elite players. there were TE's that out performed him. I don't care how things were with Romo.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dez: "I want people to know me and Dak are 100% fine. We're going to make this siutation right. We are real friends. I care about this dude and he cares about me. When it clicks, it clicks." https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez on predictability of Cowboys offense @1053thefan: “Teams just played better than us, there’s no other way around it.” Says he’ll leave playbook up to the coaches.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin: “I really give a damn about Dallas. I really give a damn about the Dallas Cowboys.”

Dez Bryant, “Everybody that ain’t with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***!” #DallasCowboys (@1053TheFan)
"I didn't want to hop on this show, but I just feel like there's a lot of stupid **** being said out there" - @DezBryant on the @BenandSkin show,

Dez on the Cowboys: It means everything to me. I want to bring this city a championship. I want to be a part of that because i believe it can happen. https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez Bryant says on 105.3 The Fan he hasn’t spoken to his agent or Cowboys about his contract for 2018. Spoke about being respected. Asked if he would take a pay cut if that reduction still respected his value to team, Bryant says that’s a conversation to have w/ Jones & agent.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin said he hasn’t heard anything from the Cowboys about taking a pay cut. Hasn’t talked to his agent about taking a pay cut. Said “Hell no” he can’t imagine playing for anyone but the Cowboys. “Everybody that is not with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***.”

Still not worth it to listen to the Fan even with Dez on the air

birdwells1

Reaction score
Sorry dude this is off base..we have no other starter to be a 1 currently on this team so hes not keeping someone off the field that could be better...

Sure i hope Dez see the ignite and possibly restructures to say a 50 percent cut in guaranteed salary with a change to earn it all back with escalators and bonus’s.. its technically not a pay cut just asking him to earn it back..

The entire team other than say Tank and Irving underperformed..

Seriously some of the same poster ripping the cowboys for dumping high paid vets that were playing very average and go with youth, are these same people saying we have progress stoppers in dez and Witten.

You cant have it both ways ..we rebuilt our Defense last year and too the entire year to get them all on the field and playing better and we hoped the offense would stem the tide but injuries and suspensions derailed that notion.

So hit the reset buttons we went 9-7 while playing horribly, this isnt bottom feeder loser talk like another poster said we are...w earn 38-26 in the last 4 season with 2 playoff appearances,with that horrible 4-12 season in there and transiting to Dak and Zeke. This isnt Cleveland and those teams continuously picking in the top 10 year after year..sure huge disappointments a few of these years but again stop acting as if we are this losing franchise with nothing to look up to.

We have work to do to be competing with top 5 teams but geez some of you act like we are horrible..
I wouldn't do escalators or incentives with this quarterback throwing the ball.

DaBoys12

Reaction score
“A lot of plays were left on that field because of me – me allowing my brain to be somewhere it shouldn’t be,” he said. “I should’ve been focused on football and just played football, and I promise that’s what I’m going to do from here on out – regardless of whatever situation that I’mm in. This is my job, this is what I love to do, it’ all I want to do, it’s all I care about.”

WOW

DaBoys12

Reaction score
I don't think Dez is going anywhere for at least another year, hope they work out a pay cut, hope he comes back to form, regardless, get his replacement on the roster asap.

Reaction score
I laugh when hear him say "grinding". Same vernacular as Stephen Jones.

This just an organization full of grinders.

They battle.

They claw.

I guess effort is a good substitute when you fail.
Its hilarious when they talk in those terms.

This team is the very definition of soft.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
“A lot of plays were left on that field because of me – me allowing my brain to be somewhere it shouldn’t be,” he said. “I should’ve been focused on football and just played football, and I promise that’s what I’m going to do from here on out – regardless of whatever situation that I’mm in. This is my job, this is what I love to do, it’ all I want to do, it’s all I care about.”

WOW
I'm pretty sure that situation that took his focus was how erratic Dak's accuracy was.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he was bloating and cramping last year. He is back on his meds and should be fine.

what's new if the team gets excuse every year, the players might as well start using too.

"well I just didn't feel like I was into football this year, next year I hope to have my head back into the job I'm paid to do".

"everybody was hurt" blah blah...

RamziD

Reaction score
I’ll go and complain. He’s giving the typical, unhinged, Baghdad Bob routine. Makes me hope we cut him even more.