Twitter: Dez calls out Jason Garrett

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No lies told but I know some feelings will get hurt.

For years and years, many of us said that the Garrett-Romo-Witten bromance was poison for the locker room. It's why the team never felt like a true brotherhood. This year you are finally seeing what a tight-knit locker room looks like.

That "bromance" had some fine regular seasons.........just like this current team is having right now. Dez's comments only prove that he's petty and still bitter about getting axed. The guy is a man-child with emotional/mental problems. Romo and Witten were the best thing about this team for a long time. It is not their fault they were saddled with a coach who couldn't manage a game and a GM who couldn't manage a team.

Gator88

Reaction score
Nope. Sorry, bro. No way was Garrett or the Joneses sitting Dak back down when Romo asked for a QB competition midway through November once fully recovered from a back injury, because Dak had just finished leading the Cowboys to a record 8 game win streak and an 8-1 record to that point of the season. Dak had cemented himself as the undeniable new franchise QB, and the Cowboys front office was not going to risk disrupting that over anybody else or anyone's feelings no matter what.
So you're cool with riding Cooper Rush until we lose?

DFWJC

Reaction score

For years and years, many of us said that the Garrett-Romo-Witten bromance was poison for the locker room. It's why the team never felt like a true brotherhood. This year you are finally seeing what a tight-knit locker room looks like.

No bromance with Romo and Garrett....almost the opposite.
Sure, Witten and Romo are great freinds. But don't include Garrett in that mix even if he wants you to.

Just because Garrett tried to patch things by inviting him to basketball games doesn't mean they were buddies.
Romo wouldn't even go unless he could bring along Murray and/or Witten.

He can't even do a broadcast to this day without at least once showing his envy for teams that have creative play-calling.....that is no subtle jab at JG.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you're cool with riding Cooper Rush until we lose?
No, not at all. What can we do at this point? I wish Jerry would go sign Cam Newton, but since it hasn't happened by now, maybe Cam doesn't want to become anyone's backup? Maybe Cam feels he can still be a starter someone else? If so, who else is out there that would be better than Cooper Rush? I don't see any better solutions. Do you?

kskboys

Reaction score
No, not at all. What can we do at this point? I wish Jerry would go sign Cam Newton, but since it hasn't happened by now, maybe Cam doesn't want to become anyone's backup? Maybe Cam feels he can still be a starter someone else? If so, who else is out there that would be better than Cooper Rush? I don't see any better solutions. Do you?
Maybe Will Grier. No idea if he's taken to our system or not.

Gator88

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really see many better options out there unfortunately. Don't really think that is exclusive to Dallas though, there are just so few quality players at the position that good backups are very hard to find.

We have to hope that some combination of Cooper Rush and Grier are enough.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Cam Newton has an alpha dog mentality but gamma dog skill set. Terrible choice to be a back-up.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to call out Dez and his mile long list of F ups throughout his career on & off the field. Seriously, once and for all, shut this dude up so he stops talking. Dez has always been all about Dez, and the team came next.
I don't care about his skillset or his 50/50 jump ball ability. He has always been light between the ears. There were games he threw fits on the sideline, whining and pouting about getting throws, only to get opportunities and he blows it up. He would literally be jawing with a DB, meanwhile the play is going the other way in front of him. The Seattle game comes to mind. We were winning, but he needed tending to his feelings. Then he gets passed to and he turns the ball over. The dude was a mental train-wreck.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to call out Dez and his mile long list of F ups throughout his career on & off the field. Seriously, once and for all, shut this dude up so he stops talking. Dez has always been all about Dez, and the team came next.
I don't care about his skillset or his 50/50 jump ball ability. He has always been light between the ears. There were games he threw fits on the sideline, whining and pouting about getting throws, only to get opportunities and he blows it up. He would literally be jawing with a DB, meanwhile the play is going the other way in front of him. The Seattle game comes to mind. We were winning, but he needed tending to his feelings. Then he gets passed to and he turns the ball over. The dude was a mental train-wreck.

Which is exactly why he should never be a position coach. He had elite but not quite great physical tools at his peak but he was a horrible route runner for a long time and he had the football IQ of a house plant.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Which is exactly why he should never be a position coach. He had elite but not quite great physical tools at his peak but he was a horrible route runner for a long time and he had the football IQ of a house plant.
Yeah, I never considered him coaching material. I just wish he'd stop talking.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I always liked Dez' passion, but get over it, dude.

His butt-hurt comments all of these years after departure seem childish.

The bottom line is that after Dallas parted ways with him, he never really had any success anywhere else the rest of his career.....in part due to injury, but also because he was no longer the Dez we once knew.

He had three great years from 2012-2014, all with Romo.
He started breaking down physically some and never had another great year after 2014. Dallas parted ways after the 2017 season

End of story

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett had several superbowl rosters ...

Garrett went one and done in post season .

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Dez hasn’t played a down for the Boys in almost 4 years. He’s not at the Star. He’s just a fan now like everybody else here. He’s entitled to his opinion just like all of us.