Dez Calls Out the "Garrett Guys" With C's On Their Jerseys

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is coaching his last year in Dallas unless he does something truly special!!

If what Dez says is true Jason Garrett has lost this team because players stick by players and we can talk about Dez not being worth his contract based on the numbers that's fine. We can never say he didn't put the team first and play through injuries and put in the work when nobody was watching.

I hope Dez has a great career moving forward and wish the guy nothing but the best moving forward he was a great Cowboy!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So Dez said the offense needed to be more creative, went up to Garrett's office to explain why he said that and Garrett had his panties in a bunch.

I can just picture the scene:
Dez: Hey coach the offense needs to be more creative.
Garrett: Dez, did you know I graduated from Princeton?
Dez: Hey man I don't know anything about that, but those defenses got our offense all figured out. We need some creativity coach.
Garrett: Dez you just don't get it, I'm the HEAD COACH, and I graduated from Princeton! Last year I was COTY!
We don't need creativity and we don't need adjustments, we just need execution and more tapes to watch.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
With his sit down with Jane Slater, Dez calls out the guys who wore C's on their jerseys and the players he calls "Garrett Guys". Saying they didn't like him and he was whining in typical Dez fashion about how he didn't know why. And he won't call out names but they know who they are and he will text them and let them know. But he kind of gave a lot of them away with the C's on the jerseys statement. In 2017, the players who wore the C were:

Sean Lee, T Crawford, Dak, Witten, Lee, Bailey and Scandrick.

Going to guess Scandrick was always in his corner. Bailey doesn't get involved in that as he's a kicker. They are loners. I doubt Crawford really cared either way. But Lee, Witten and Dak? I am pretty positive they were tired of his tired act. Dak made the comment after the Seattle game that maybe he should put the ball right in his facemask so he can't drop it. Witten was on him in that Detroit game a few years ago when he melted down on the sideline. And left early.

Dez could have easily took the high road and went on about his business. But nope. He thinks him getting cut is some big deal. Players are cut constantly in this league. Even the good ones get this treatment. But remember everyone telling us how mature he has gotten? Lmao. He's still the same immature clown he has always been. This is why Dallas was done with him. His act wore out. And he started to diminish on the field. He was a problem to this team and it's Dez first, winning and team second. He proved that his whole career. But so many fall for his Throw Up the X and team first marketing gimmick he portrays online and they eat it up. Acting like this is some dark day in Cowboys history.

Good riddance Dez. You won't be missed.
I bet Bailey is the main culprit. Cuz remember when Demarco Murray left and when he came back to play against us he pushed Bailey in the chest when he ran out of bounds. HHmmm seems Dez isn't the only player to have beef with Bailey.

Verdict

Reaction score
Quite frankly, this is a sad indictment of where Dez is today in terms of mindset. You nailed it. He could have easily taken the high road. Instead, he's out to exact some sort of revenge. move on dude. This isn't romper room.

Truly sad. I anticipate him doing the full media circuit and taking full advantage of anyone willing to stick a mic in his pie hole... or actually let them take advantage of him... Get ready to hear him bash every corner of the franchise he apparently loves deeply.

Even that awesome janitor that outed him from the inside...

Perhaps his next QB will throw it nicely into his helmet regularly.

I want to shake that janitor's hands.

What janitor? Did I miss something?

Verdict

Reaction score
I bet Bailey is the main culprit. Cuz remember when Demarco Murray left and when he came back to play against us he pushed Bailey in the chest when he ran out of bounds. HHmmm seems Dez isn't the only player to have beef with Bailey.

Dez and Bailey were college teammates.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Same thing happened with Owens. The only link to both is.......... Witten. Marty B had said things about Witten too..... Gone. Witten gave support to Dak his rookie year and Romo was gone

My suggestion is if you want to stay on the team make Witten happy

Verdict

Reaction score
This is the thing about Dez......he was more than just a Dallas Cowboys players. You guys keep saying "its just a business". It was more than that for Dez whether you guys want to acknowledge it or not. Since 2011, these guys took Dez in. A young man at the time who had problems with his parents growing up. Jerry and the Cowboys were his family. They showed him how to be accountable....they showed him how to fix his finances.....the Cowboys whether they knew it or not adopted Dez into their family.

So yeah.....he's going to be bitter. This isn't a owner that got rid of him. This is a father figure that got rid of him. He's going to say some stuff that he may regret 4 years from now. He may not. But let's not pretend this is just any player. This was more than that.

Theyapparently didn't do a good enough job of raising him.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dez and Bailey were college teammates.
I was playing around. I truly don't think Bailey had anything to do with it. I just saw his name and couldn't resist throwing a joke out there on this bad day. I just watched the Fisher "video", my niece can take a better video with her iphone than that, but I'm glad Dez went to Garrett and said we need to get more creative. I'm glad on his way out Dez told Jerry that Garrett sucks (paraphrasing). Jerry needs to hear that stuff. I'm truly hoping Dez blows up next year for a team not in the NFC East. That'll show Garrett's inability to coach.

Now concerning the decision without thinking about the coaches. I feel it's a good move. This is far from the days when we hung on to players 2 or 3 years past their value. Bill Walsh had a saying when he was the Coach of the 49ers when they dominated the 80's, "It's better to get rid of a player a year early than two years too late". I feel this will hurt us in 2018 in a big way but it was good for the franchise to make the move. He could help us this year and we'll miss him on the field but his skills are diminishing, production is going down, and he's dropping passes. I love Dez and always will but for the future if we hung on to him and that contract 2 or 3 more years that would have been bad for the us long term. I'm sad today but I feel it's a good move.

I'd rather get rid of Dez a year early and save that money next year and get Martin and Dlaw signed. Another great scenario is Dez destroys the league next year and Garrett looks bad and then we'll have mucho money in salary cap and a fired coach, but I know I'm dreaming on that. Jerry won't fire his son and that's why we will suck for the next 5-7 years with the Clapper.

plymkr

Reaction score
Same thing happened with Owens. The only link to both is.......... Witten. Marty B had said things about Witten too..... Gone. Witten gave support to Dak his rookie year and Romo was gone

I don't think there's anyone on this planet that Witten supported more than Romo. I think Witten would have given Romo some of his spine to prolong his career if the science was there. I do think that Witten may have been a factor in Owens and Bennett but no go on the Romo. Romo and Witten were like brothers.

iamliko22

Reaction score

I believe that.
This whole thing showed me Garrett and "his guys"... Might not be the most honorable themselves.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett had much much less to do with it than Jerry and Stephen. Again follow the money v production. This was about getting a better team.

And how exactly is the team better now?

Go watch the podcast on the Cowboy's website, all of them, even Mickey, agreed that the team was worse off by releasing Dez and only made sense if they went and go a player like ET.

So I ask again, how exactly is the team better, because even the people that get their paychecks signed by Jerry don't think the team is better now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm no good at twitter...

Is he saying "I better keep my mouth shut or they'll cut me next" or am I misinterpreting that?

Dez got released because he openly questioned Garrett, said the offense needs to be more creative. Dez says he went to talk to Garrett about it and he had his panties in a bunch.

So Cole is saying "I cant say what I want to say or else I am next, just look at Dez".

Cole knows that if he doesn't kiss Garrett's ring and pledge unholy allegiance, he is the next one out the door.

That is what he is saying in his tweet.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Dez got released because he openly questioned Garrett, said the offense needs to be more creative. Dez says he went to talk to Garrett about it and he had his panties in a bunch.

So Cole is saying "I cant say what I want to say or else I am next, just look at Dez".

Cole knows that if he doesn't kiss Garrett's ring and pledge unholy allegiance, he is the next one out the door.

That is what he is saying in his tweet.
He could have said bacon

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lee, witten, and dak

So the 3 mature ones who care about team first? F off dez. Quit going the TO route which is blaming everyone else

Lee...........soft as Charmin, has missed like 50+ games since being drafted.
Witten.......last in the entire league in yards after catch, can be timed in the 40 with a sun dial.
Dak...........lead the NFL in pick 6s

It would be nice if those three worried about their own dam jobs and not go to the coach to get another player released.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I can just picture the scene:
Dez: Hey coach the offense needs to be more creative.
Garrett: Dez, did you know I graduated from Princeton?
Dez: Hey man I don't know anything about that, but those defenses got our offense all figured out. We need some creativity coach.
Garrett: Dez you just don't get it, I'm the HEAD COACH, and I graduated from Princeton! Last year I was COTY!
We don't need creativity and we don't need adjustments, we just need execution and more tapes to watch.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: