Dez Calls Out the "Garrett Guys" With C's On Their Jerseys

Rayman70

Reaction score
JJ and Stephen waited because they were internally struggling with releasing him. It was genuinely hard.Thats why the delay.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it wasn't.

If it was, you don't wait until April 13th.

Here's one reason why they may have waited until April 13th per a suggestion by Bob Sturm, and that was that it took two months to wear Jerry down and get him to agree to release Dez.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is he a backstabber? Did he promise Dez a job in 2018? Garret was probably sick of his antics and it would shock me at all if he argued very little on Dez's behalf. But, thats not stabbing him in the back.

He lobbied against him. Bryant called him out on it personally. And he also said that he could never give him a straight answer when Bryant asked him.

Cowards do that. Backstabbers don't say anything to your face but do their work when you're not around.

Listen to Bryant's own words. The man may have his faults, but he's not some shrewd, manipulative liar. That'd be his former coach.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
No, apparently accountability only applies to the players.

Year after year after year of ever-changing players.

Oh and assistant coaches.
I think Garrett has secured his spot for so long because he is very agreeable to the Joneses;
They don't view him as a threat to their collective Egos.
It seems they view that as "loyalty", thus he is rewarded with job security.
Guys like Dez (who I was kinda on the fence about until I saw some of those FA WR contracts dished out.
Sammy Watkins, Lol?) who have spoken out about the predictable scheme, playcalling, ect...get the axe.
Unlike before with Demarcus Ware, and to a lesser degree Romo, this move does not make logical
sense to me at all. The offense needed more talent at reciever, not less.
Not this year, anyhow. No rookie is going to come in and give you what Dez (even a declinining Dez)
gives you. And what about the defense? Now we are going to have to burn a top pick on a WR
in a poor reciever class? I do not like that one bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's one reason why they may have waited until April 13th per a suggestion by Bob Sturm, and that was that it took two months to wear Jerry down and get him to agree to release Dez.

Right.

Which is the antithesis of getting a "better team."

You do that in March if you're doing it.

Unless you're on vacation.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wonder why they didn't wait a few weeks and try to trade him on draft night. .......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Garrett has secured his spot for so long because he is very agreeable to the Joneses;
They don't view him as a threat to their collective Egos.
It seems they view that as "loyalty", thus he is rewarded with job security.
Guys like Dez (who I was kinda on the fence about until I saw some of those FA WR contracts dished out.
Sammy Watkins, Lol?) who have spoken out about the predictable scheme, playcalling, ect...get the axe.
Unlike before with Demarcus Ware, and to a lesser degree Romo, this move does not make logical
sense to me at all. The offense needed more talent at reciever, not less.
Not this year, anyhow. No rookie is going to come in and give you what Dez (even a declinining Dez)
gives you. And what about the defense? Now we are going to have to burn a top pick on a WR
in a poor reciever class? I do not like that one bit.

No, this is not about making the Dallas Cowboys a better football team, because they're not.

This is simply another in a long list of scapegoats made for the people who are the real reason this team is a failure.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bryant didn't live up to his contract. In this business,you get cut.Its that simple. The drama didn't equal high output...so he got cut. This is how it works.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He lobbied against him. Bryant called him out on it personally. And he also said that he could never give him a straight answer when Bryant asked him.

Cowards do that. Backstabbers don't say anything to your face but do their work when you're not around.

Listen to Bryant's own words. The man may have his faults, but he's not some shrewd, manipulative liar. That'd be his former coach.

How could a man with no power or authority to make decisons give Dez a straight answer about his future? And lets not pretend that Dez has a firm grasp on the language. I'm certainly not taking his word for much.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just another example of the mental midget that is Dez. I loved this kid. But the past 3 years killed that love for me.

People need to look at the production folks. That's what matters most. Throw that in with an attitude and you got yourself cut.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who was our offensive coordinator in 2016?
As much as i and the Krishnas were dancing together, in unison- mind you, straight up unison, My blood sugar is going low.

BRB...