Dez Calls Out the "Garrett Guys" With C's On Their Jerseys

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Good news people! The Cowboys can finally allocate more money into the defense. This move to get rid of Dez wasn't about this season it's about building for the future.
From your keyboard to The Great Magnet.
Nothing can go against The Great Magnet...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its got nothing to do with anyone but Dez. He hasn't produced since he signed the mega deal after his superlative 2014 season. His release has nothing to do with Garret or Witten or anyone but Dez. If he produced on the field, this would have never happened. In fact, if he was putting up his 2012-2014 numbers, his current contract would be a bargain.

Out of curiosity, what changed in 2015? Was there a different offensive coordinator named or something?

:huh:

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Lee: always injured
Crawford: overpaid
Dak: likely not a franchise QB
Witten: past his prime
Bailey: a kicker
Scandrick: not even on the team
Dez sounds stupid. The C’s had nothing to do with his release. The players are paid to play not manage and provid roster decisions. Steven and the coaching staff had to a say, in swaying Jerry.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Yeah, but he's honest. He's real.

He says what he feels and doesn't hide like the cowards that have managed to stick around and scapegoat him.
If we're being honest about things, and everyone involved is being properly evaluated based on job performance,
NOT friendly ties with the Joneses, then Garrett should have been fired either after the 2015 crap fest
where he managed to win a SINGLE game without a healthy Tony Romo,
a game that Washington somehow managed to fart away,
OR 2016 when on the height of a 13-3 regular season he failed to have the team (that was as healthy as it had been all season)
prepared to play a wounded duck Packer team, down to guys they pulled off of the street in the secondary,
and yet, somehow, they came out flat on offense.
I could take a cheap shot at Witten while I'm at it given his slipping performance but I digress.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good news people! The Cowboys can finally allocate more money into the defense. This move to get rid of Dez wasn't about this season it's about building for the future.
AGREE. Its a philosophy shift we seen begun last draft. I saw this comin then. We were not ever going to pay a wr 12 mil in 2018 for numbers like Dez'. Now maybe we can improve the trenches and linebacker corp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a Garret fan but i'm not sure he had much to do with this move. The guy is just another puppet in the room taking his marching orders from the FO.

Bull****.

He's a gutless turd and a backstage politician. He's great in the meeting room from Tuesday through Saturday. He just sucks on Sunday or Monday (or that occasional Saturday game).

He used the same knife that he's stuck in TO.

And the same one he used on Romo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dez and his conspiracy crap is fake news...unfortunately espn and even some at the nfl network are being duped.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dez, TO, Butler, Scandrick.

There's a reliable group for you.

Yeah they've got a world of credibility.

And what is Garrett's credibility?

A clapping idiot that misses the playoffs 75% of the time and gets his panties in a bunch if a player dares to suggest the offense might need to be more creative next season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of curiosity, what changed in 2015? Was there a different offensive coordinator named or something?

:huh:

I know.....the QB changed. IMO, we should have traded Dez years ago. I never would have signed him to that big contract. Whether you think Dez's lack of production is his fault or not, there is no justification for keeping him around any longer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're being honest about things, and everyone involved is being properly evaluated based on job performance,
NOT friendly ties with the Joneses, then Garrett should have been fired either after the 2015 crap fest
where he managed to win a SINGLE game without a healthy Tony Romo,
a game that Washington somehow managed to fart away,
OR 2016 when on the height of a 13-3 regular season he failed to have the team (that was as healthy as it had been all season)
prepared to play a wounded duck Packer team, down to guys they pulled off of the street in the secondary,
and yet, somehow, they came out flat on offense.
I could take a cheap shot at Witten while I'm at it given his slipping performance but I digress.

No, apparently accountability only applies to the players.

Year after year after year of ever-changing players.

Oh and assistant coaches.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what is Garrett's credibility?

A clapping idiot that misses the playoffs 75% of the time and gets his panties in a bunch if a player dares to suggest the offense might need to be more creative next season.

Garrett is a totally different topic. If you want to connect the two due to agendaitis... Then so be it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know.....the QB changed. IMO, we should have traded Dez years ago. I never would have signed him to that big contract. Whether you think Dez's lack of production is his fault or not, there is no justification for keeping him around any longer.

There is when he's still far and away better than any of the receivers you have left. When you did nothing to replace him when you actually had the chance.

That's plenty of "justification".

What there isn't "no justification" for is waiting until April 13th to make a decision.

"No justification" for that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bull****.

He's a gutless turd and a backstage politician. He's great in the meeting room from Tuesday through Saturday. He just sucks on Sunday or Monday (or that occasional Saturday game).

He used the same knife that he's stuck in TO.

And the same one he used on Romo.

I think you are overestimating his influence. Garret is the puppet not the puppeteer. He can't even make the call on who gets to call the plays. Jerry ASSIGNED him to the defense last off season. He's pathetic not master manipulator.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is a totally different topic. If you want to connect the two due to agendaitis... Then so be it.

Nonsense.

Player and coach are connected.

The only "agenda" here is yours.

Defend Cowboys at all costs.