News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

CPanther95

Reaction score
He specifically mentioned Witten. And that great players want the ball. Why didn't SiriusXM Tweet about Witten? Where's the outcry?
It is pretty entertaining though.

Yeah he mentioned both and called them both great players within the same breath.

In essence, it went from "Dak wasn't experienced enough to know how to deal with star players" to "It's difficult for anyone to succeed with Dez constantly in your ear" with selective editing.

But yes, it's extremely entertaining. And it's what makes the Cowboys forum a 365 day forum for opposing fans like myself. There's always something to discuss year round - either something that happened, or in anticipation of happening.

fredp22

Reaction score
Sean Lee has to make a statement responding to comments Dez made, that Dez made because this swaggerless trust fund baby parading as a GM cant seem to keep his mouth shut.
he did

the more he talks the more other teams are shying away

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody who has played team sports for years, has had the wonderful experience of a Dez like person on the sidelines.
He was great at outjumping every DB in the league, then the inevitable injuries happened. We've been carrying his unproductive arse for three years while he's collected a kings ransom. Now he's incapable of playing at this level.

No more rants, time to go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What Stephen said was stupid, but if the full context of what he said wasn't creatively edited it wouldn't have been nearly as inflammatory.
No, it was not stupid. What Stephen Jones said was 100% honest and truthful. He wasn't denigrating anyone. He was speaking truth and actually insinuating how Dak needs more time and less ball demanding receivers around him right now until he gains a few more years of experience. ALL TRUTHS. It's the damn media who twisted Stephen's words around, and most everyone fell for it. Like Bill Parcells used to warn... "Don't eat the cheese." Well, y'all took it and sprung that trap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haven't read the entire thread. I'm sure it's entertaining. Three points from me.

1. Dez is not nearly as good a player as he thinks he is.

2. Dez is absolutely correct when it comes to playcalling and lack of imagination from the offense.

3. Dez is way out of line calling out Fredrick and Lee.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am glad a player or ex player finally said something for all to see. We all knew it. Even the opposing defenses say it in interviews that there is a easy game plan because JG has the same game plan every week. They run the same routes and the same plays. To beat us you have to stop those plays. JG wants to be like the team of the 90’s that he played on. Straight forward and dominant.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Ironically, tweets like this are probably why he still isn't on an NFL roster, but nonetheless....

EDIT:

He's going scorched earth.

You're not a true failure until your blame your failure on someone else. Not surprised the mental midget is having another meltdown. It is also happening at the absolute worst time for him with Cleveland seemingly showing interest. He is truly showing what he is, an idiot

glimmerman

Reaction score
Both sides are right. Dez said the truth about the same plays. It’s been that way for years. Imagine a OC and HC that uses some simple imagination in 2016 or 2014.

But Dez also may have taken it so far that he is looking like TO. And teams stay clear of that.

Verdict

Reaction score
How many times does Dez, Babe Laufenberg, Ray Lewis, etc., have to tell us that the Cowboys offense is vanilla until we get it?
We still think we can run the "Emmitt Smith" offense of the 90s and beat teams. We can't.
Nevertheless, I think it's telling when Sean Lee basically admits that he told Dez to be more accountable to the team.
Unfortunately, he was like TO without the same level of talent and determination, and the Cowboys let TO go.
I hope this serves a lesson to the Kool-Aid drinking, rose-colored-sun-glass-wearing Cowboys fans that where there's smoke (rumors about locker room dissention), there's usually fire (truth to those rumors).

That's a good point. But they only see what they want to see and will never learn.

Verdict

Reaction score
You can perform revisionist history if you want, sorry I know the truth. Dez was easily a top 5 wr for several years and no amount of pretending changes that simple fact

Dez was never a true top 5 receiver. He was at the top statistically but he was never in the same class as the top receivers. You cannot fail to be able run a consistent rounte and be top 5.

kskboys

Reaction score
Haven't read the entire thread. I'm sure it's entertaining. Three points from me.

1. Dez is not nearly as good a player as he thinks he is.

2. Dez is absolutely correct when it comes to playcalling and lack of imagination from the offense.

3. Dez is way out of line calling out Fredrick and Lee.
Well said.

Dez only hurt himself. W/ his route running class, he needs to take a STHU class.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dez was never a true top 5 receiver. He was at the top statistically but he was never in the same class as the top receivers. You cannot fail to be able run a consistent rounte and be top 5.
Dez = Torrey Smith. An OK #1 better suited to be a #2.

Verdict

Reaction score
Sean Lee has to make a statement responding to comments Dez made, that Dez made because this swaggerless trust fund baby parading as a GM cant seem to keep his mouth shut.

I'm glad this is blowing up. It shows Dez for who he really is. The same guys that you are bashing have been smoothing things over for Dez his entire career.

SK didn't say anything bad about Dez, but he should have. He should have said man, we were glad to see Dez go. He wasn't worth hiring a full time babysitter to watch him. He couldn't catch a ball which is what you pay him to do, and getting him to shut up and get open was too big of a job for him. The next team that sign Dez, good luck with that one. T.O. without the talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm glad this is blowing up. It shows Dez for who he really is. The same guys that you are bashing have been smoothing things over for Dez his entire career.

SK didn't say anything bad about Dez, but he should have. He should have said man, we were glad to see Dez go. He wasn't worth hiring a full time babysitter to watch him. He couldn't catch a ball which is what you pay him to do, and getting him to shut up and get open was too big of a job for him. The next team that sign Dez, good luck with that one. T.O. without the talent.
I was ignoring the bashers, but yeah, very stupid. Two of the hardest working guys in the NFL w/ great attitudes, real team players, and someone is bashing them over what a loudmouth spews? Really really stupid.