News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

cern

Reaction score
I think Stephen and his future gm, will McClay have mandated change on both sides of the ball. Up until now Linehan has run Garrett's offense. This year Linehan will be given far more autonomy in running the offense. We've totally changed our wr group bringing in speedier receivers with the emphasis on route running. On defense I expect more blitzing and less predictability. Like the direction we're going. We better. Every other team in the nfce got better during the off season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's a good point. But they only see what they want to see and will never learn.
It seems our playbook of JG’s is small. And he don’t seem to want to change it. If I am JG then I let Linehan have some creation.

Be a run first team but come up with different things. And I would still be in Linehans behind about the seahags game when he never handed the ball off 3 straight times in the goal line. This isn’t the first time we have done things like this which leads me to believe that it’s JG idea. After all what does JG care, he can simply throw Linehan under the bus and keep his own job for another year.

We desperately need something on Offense. We are a dominant run team. And are a good passing game away from a run at the SB. In the past we had a QB in Romo that would keep plays alive with his feet when the same old plays were covered and broke down. He likely covered for a lot of this vanilla stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
It seems our playbook of JG’s is small. And he don’t seem to want to change it. If I am JG then I let Linehan have some creation.

Be a run first team but come up with different things. And I would still be in Linehans behind about the seahags game when he never handed the ball off 3 straight times in the goal line. This isn’t the first time we have done things like this which leads me to believe that it’s JG idea. After all what does JG care, he can simply throw Linehan under the bus and keep his own job for another year.

We desperately need something on Offense. We are a dominant run team. And are a good passing game away from a run at the SB. In the past we had a QB in Romo that would keep plays alive with his feet when the same old plays were covered and broke down. He likely covered for a lot of this vanilla stuff.
Romo's escapability and jungleball ability covered up some major flaws.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was ignoring the bashers, but yeah, very stupid. Two of the hardest working guys in the NFL w/ great attitudes, real team players, and someone is bashing them over what a loudmouth spews? Really really stupid.
That's what is interesting to me and also a head scratcher. He picked literally the two most decent human beings and hard workers on the team. They are complete class.
The diservice IMO is SiriusXM, because they edited (as was mentioned by @CPanther95) S Jones statement. Not only did they misquote it but conveniently left out the part he mention Dez AND Witten being great players and wanting the ball. Getting in the QBs ear.
I mean, is that not exactly what he did?
It's all there for everyone to read. Here's the head scratcher. Why no outcry for Witten? Why are there some ignoring exactly what was said? Why is anyone STILL defending Bryant?
He could have shut his face back in April. Headcase.

Beaker42

Reaction score
In response to Dez

OTOH, sounds like his problem wasn’t really w/ JG - more like Same Play Scott Linehan. Dez may have irritated us we/ his drops and fumbles but he didn’t half-azz it on the field. I respect him for that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Stephen and his future gm, will McClay have mandated change on both sides of the ball. Up until now Linehan has run Garrett's offense. This year Linehan will be given far more autonomy in running the offense. We've totally changed our wr group bringing in speedier receivers with the emphasis on route running. On defense I expect more blitzing and less predictability. Like the direction we're going. We better. Every other team in the nfce got better during the off season.
Are you sure Linehan is going to have more input? If I am Linehan then I know I am in the hot seat. JG will throw him under the bus to save his job. He knows he is the scapegoat. If I am Linehan then I am working on new pass plays now. Keep some of the old JG straight forward run plays and stay run first. They are hard to stop with our RB and O- Line.

If they are in the goal line on 1st down again and don’t try to run the balm at least once in 3 downs then I am wanting someone fired. Lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
OTOH, sounds like his problem wasn’t really w/ JG - more like Same Play Scott Linehan. Dez may have irritated us we/ his drops and fumbles but he didn’t half-azz it on the field. I respect him for that.
Linehan calls the plays from JG playbook. It’s about a half a page. Not much to choose from and I would still bet JG had influence on the playcalling.

I am not sticking up for Linehan. He should have been complaining and wanting to change things up for years now. They are all way to secure with there jobs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you sure Linehan is going to have more input? If I am Linehan then I know I am in the hot seat. JG will throw him under the bus to save his job. He knows he is the scapegoat. If I am Linehan then I am working on new pass plays now. Keep some of the old JG straight forward run plays and stay run first. They are hard to stop with our RB and O- Line.

If they are in the goal line on 1st down again and don’t try to run the balm at least once in 3 downs then I am wanting someone fired. Lol
Lineman was kept as the sacrificial lamb for Garrett.

Big_D

Reaction score
Linehan calls the plays from JG playbook. It’s about a half a page. Not much to choose from and I would still bet JG had influence on the playcalling.

And the play calling looks pretty similar to when Garrett was calling them.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's what is interesting to me and also a head scratcher. He picked literally the two most decent human beings and hard workers on the team. They are complete class.
The diservice IMO is SiriusXM, because they edited (as was mentioned by @CPanther95) S Jones statement. Not only did they misquote it but conveniently left out the part he mention Dez AND Witten being great players and wanting the ball. Getting in the QBs ear.
I mean, is that not exactly what he did?
It's all there for everyone to read. Here's the head scratcher. Why no outcry for Witten? Why are there some ignoring exactly what was said? Why is anyone STILL defending Bryant?
He could have shut his face back in April. Headcase.
Prolly because those were the guys leading the team and telling him to play. It's like bashing teachers who make you learn.

Beaker42

Reaction score

I am not sticking up for Linehan. He should have been complaining and wanting to change things up for years now. They are all way to secure with there jobs.

Yeah, guess that’s right. So which one’s responsible for that BS series of all passes on the goal line against ET’s former team?

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is true. You could bet Linehan or Marinelli or both? are next up on the scapegoat list.
I think if the Defense is improved this year then Marinelli will be safe. Unless he is sick of the BS and steps down. We have a new WR coach that I think is in line for his job.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo's escapability and jungleball ability covered up some major flaws.
I think some have the tendency to forget that and I would love to see a ratio on executed as called plays vs changes and improv when Romo was QB.

If Romo does have an issue with Garrett, as some have said, could be because he bailed his butt out so many times and when he needed him to fight the Joneses for the chance to get his job back, Garrett folded on him.

How many times do we have to hear Garrett's offensive abilities called out by his own players and other players as well and the word "predictable" applied? Hear this crap about any other coaches?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, guess that’s right. So which one’s responsible for that BS series of all passes on the goal line against ET’s former team?
It’s a toss up. Is Linehan calling the plays JG is telling him to? I have seen JG do similar things. Passing on 3rd and 1 when murray and our O-Line could easily fall forward for 3 yards. Totally fool them with the old pass.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think some have the tendency to forget that and I would love to see a ratio on executed as called plays vs changes and improv when Romo was QB.

If Romo does have an issue with Garrett, as some have said, could be because he bailed his butt out so many times and when he needed him to fight the Joneses for the chance to get his job back, Garrett folded on him.

How many times do we have to hear Garrett's offensive abilities called out by his own players and other players as well and the word "predictable" applied? Hear this crap about any other coaches?
Romo is a gentleman. He's simply obeying the unwritten NFL rule that you do not throw the staff under the bus.

JG's players don't call him out until they're gone.