News: Dez eviscerates Jason Garrett on Twitter

Big_D

Reaction score
I like him as a man but as a DC, I am not a fan. His only fallback is the BDBD and in that playoff game against GB, he was too slow to react to what they were doing offensively.

He has been strapped for talent and had to try and negate some shortcomings but I would rather watch a D go after the QB aggressively rather than play back for the slow death. I am probably not the norm but give me a big play against the D as one mistake instead of a methodical drive with too many mistakes.

Rushing 3 on Rodgers. Just so many poor decisions like that? I don't strongly dislike him like I do Garrett, but I think the team is ultimately responsible for how much he was able to accomplish. Jerry was like.. "Rod, just hang in there. We're going to draft RB, OL, OL, OL, OL etc… Here's some scrappins..see what you could do with that." lol But the Marinelli, Linehan, Monte Kiffin and even some assistant hires were head scratchers to begin with. The teams coaching choices and the results that followed were just baffling. Exactly what you expect from this front office.

Verdict

Reaction score
Rushing 3 on Rodgers. Just so many poor decisions like that? I don't strongly dislike him like I do Garrett, but I think the team is ultimately responsible for how much he was able to accomplish. Jerry was like.. Rod, just hang in there. We're going to draft RB, OL, OL, OL, OL etc… lol Here's some scrappins..see what you could do with that. But the Marinelli, Linehan, Monte Kiffin and even some assistant hires were head scratchers to begin with. The teams coaching choices and the results that followed were just baffling. Exactly what you expect from this front office.

I'm not a fan or Marinelli. Linehan passes too often for me too. Especially long incompletions on third down to Dez when a one yard run would have netted a first down.

kskboys

Reaction score
Rushing 3 on Rodgers. Just so many poor decisions like that? I don't strongly dislike him like I do Garrett, but I think the team is ultimately responsible for how much he was able to accomplish. Jerry was like.. "Rod, just hang in there. We're going to draft RB, OL, OL, OL, OL etc… Here's some scrappins..see what you could do with that." lol But the Marinelli, Linehan, Monte Kiffin and even some assistant hires were head scratchers to begin with. The teams coaching choices and the results that followed were just baffling. Exactly what you expect from this front office.
Yup. Non-football guys running things.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are up to 44 pages and still going strong. The Dez sucks bandwagon is really picking up steam. Lots of new members this week. Welcome aboard.

Verdict

Reaction score
I love Marinate's motivational skills, but that's about all I like about him.

I know at one time he had no talent, but that's not a reasonable excuse anymore. If he doesn't field a true top 5 defense this year it's clearly on him. This defense has talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know at one time he had no talent, but that's not a reasonable excuse anymore. If he doesn't field a true top 5 defense this year it's clearly on him. This defense has talent.
Yeah, but lacking in key spots. I do wonder just how much is on him, as our refusal to address the S and DT positions adequately were already in place before he got here, aside from when Tuna was here.

InTheZone

Reaction score
That is according to fans and media that hated on him. I do not recall anyone on the team ever stating that.
I am calling it an urban BS myth
sadly the media and some people tied to the Cowboys have successfully convinced too many people otherwise

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
2 things:

Stephen gave an assessment

Lots of folks supporting Dez for calling out captains. That's a straight division..... Especially if it reaches our locker room{which it has}

Nothing good is coming of this... It a divide boarding along race

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah, but lacking in key spots. I do wonder just how much is on him, as our refusal to address the S and DT positions adequately were already in place before he got here, aside from when Tuna was here.

I think that's a ROD thing, not a team thing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will have a dominate Defense that will still give up 3rd and 15. It’s the prevent mode that is dumb.

In the gb playoff game we played aggressive and went after rogers for the most of 2 1/2 quarters after falling behind and we stopped them dead in there tracks and on the last play when we scrapped and clawed our way back he calls a 3 man prevent. Granted Irving was put in a sleeper hold right in front of the ref and it wasn’t called. But he goes right back to it. Had he called the same aggressive 4-3 we would have went into OT and likely won the game. Instead that one bad playcall that gets beat almost everytime he calls it ended our season. When he KNEW what was working. If he is aggressive or even base Defense then no way rogers has time to string that play out.

Verdict

Reaction score
2 things:

Stephen gave an assessment

Lots of folks supporting Dez for calling out captains. That's a straight division..... Especially if it reaches our locker room{which it has}

Nothing good is coming of this... It a divide boarding along race

What makes you think that? I don't hear any Cowboys players backing Dez.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This will be the season. He has the D-Line and LB. We have a secondary coach that is going to have our DB playing up instead of 10 yards off the recievers. Interesting to see how the prevent is played different. I have a feeling we still give up to many 3rd and longs. If I am Marinelli this year then I stay aggressive and roll the dice that way.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Disagree. Not elite. Elite WR's create separation. Dez did not.
Yeah, he caught double digits touchdowns, 1200+ yards, and 80+ balls every year for 3 years and never got separation. You can't be serious.

Look, Dez was done and he is a major head case, but he was an elite wide receiver in his prime, during those 3 years. You're just being ignorant.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What makes you think that? I don't hear any Cowboys players backing Dez.
If players are smart then no one else gives it life. Dez is gone and now there is no way he returns. And if he keeps it up then even the browns won’t take him. That’s bad.

Big_D

Reaction score
This will be the season. He has the D-Line and LB. We have a secondary coach that is going to have our DB playing up instead of 10 yards off the recievers. Interesting to see how the prevent is played different. I have a feeling we still give up to many 3rd and longs. If I am Marinelli this year then I stay aggressive and roll the dice that way.

If he's retiring, then no need to play it safe all season. Specially when it never worked to begin with. Be really nice to see those corners playing up. Jeez, it's about dam time!!

Verdict

Reaction score
Then why have we refused to do it since Tuna left?

Rod doesn't value it. We had so many holes before Rod got here that we didn't have enough picks to plug the holes. It hard to say what the philosophy was at that time.

Now we have limited holes, draft picks to plug those holes, players lining up to fill those holes and we still won't address it.

If Marinelli wanted it he would have it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Then why have we refused to do it since Tuna left?
The DT is Marinelli, he wants smaller quicker players. DE playing DT. He wants basically 4 DE up front and likes the LB to fill gaps. Problem is that DT sometimes can’t clog the middle or get moved and we get gashed in the run.

Safety I have no idea what anyone is thinking there. It’s been forever since that spot has been solid.