Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by CowboyRoy, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    Is getting old at this point. We all love his fired up attitude, but he needs to be more of a leader on this team. How about showing restraint instead of getting in a punching match every week? What are you teaching the younger guys come game day? His lack of control of his emotions may cost us on game day. He is sending the wrong message in my opinion.

MrPeanutbutter and Nightman like this.
  2. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

39,803 Messages
    19,808 Likes Received
    Bryant's passion is his brand of leadership. You're exaggerating how often he has been involved in altercations. The younger guys will also observe Bryant during games. Guess what? His emotions have not cost us on gameday. Maybe we should consider stop holding our breath about him.

freddy0227, XxTDxX, BigStar and 16 others like this.
  3. Knotamus

Knotamus Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

958 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    I agree. I like his passion as much as the next Cowboy fan, but there is a fine line between being a leader and being immature. He's taking the "throw up the X" to another level at this point. I hope his antics don't come back to bite us in the butt during the season. #suspensions

4. shnagy

shnagy Active Member

642 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Yawn...yell "cut him" when it actually costs us a game.

CowboyStar88 and 5Stars like this.
  5. CowboyRoy

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    Yah, is he more bravado now that he got his money? Lets hope this isnt a trend.

Knotamus likes this.
  6. guag

guag Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01

14,383 Messages
    9,890 Likes Received
    His "antics" haven't cost us a game or anything even close in going on 6 years. Why would it start now? Is he mentally regressing or something?

I think if anything, getting paid might cause players to have less intensity and be less likely to get into fights, not the opposite.

XxTDxX, BigStar, Oh_Canada and 6 others like this.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

26,808 Messages
    36,660 Likes Received
    He'd better not get thrown out of games this season.

MrPeanutbutter and Knotamus like this.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

18,051 Messages
    12,409 Likes Received
    Patmon punched him first and the Rams cheap-shotted him as well.

YR

XxTDxX, djmajestik, BigStar and 7 others like this.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,952 Messages
    35,301 Likes Received

This has gone on forever. The problem, and its a good thing, is we get so much more camp coverage than ever before.

We want to see training camp and once we see it we want to change their camp culture?

10. BotchedLobotomy

BotchedLobotomy Wide Right

10,361 Messages
    12,419 Likes Received
    Dez is who he is, can't really change it that much, and frankly, I don't want to see that side of him changing.

BigStar, BIGWAY, RJ_MacReady and 3 others like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

28,934 Messages
    22,377 Likes Received
    No issues with it.

Trouty, BigStar, Nav22 and 7 others like this.
  12. CowboyRoy

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    Dez apparently was talking to Jerry on the sidelines and ran over when the scrum started. He wasnt allowed to practice but was taunting Rams players all practice long from the sidelines. He is not only getting into fights with our own players, he is now getting involved in other peoples fights and getting punched for it.

As one of the leaders of the team this doesnt concern you?

Knotamus likes this.
  13. guag

14,383 Messages
    9,890 Likes Received
    Exactly, this stuff has been going on more or less forever in training camps. It's just that ever year that goes by, we as fans and media have more and more access to it and see these things that would have otherwise stayed in-house.

djmajestik, BigStar and 5Stars like this.
  14. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

10,953 Messages
    10,945 Likes Received
    When his "lack of control of his emotions" cost us on game day, come back and make this thread. Last player on this team I am worried about.

CowboyGil, guag, brymatt94 and 2 others like this.
  15. Knotamus

Knotamus Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

958 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    Well, his inability to keep a calmer head has allowed him to be punched in the face twice over the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't think its an over reaction to be a little concerned.

16. CowboyRoy

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    You can have passion without being immature and getting into fights. Not a good example he is setting. The good players in this league will target him.

Personally, I would rather have all the passion and more sensibility and leadership.

Knotamus likes this.
  17. guag

14,383 Messages
    9,890 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but I'm not sure I'd call Patmon's weak open-hand whiff a punch. :laugh:

I'd be willing to bet that Dez has been swung at at least 10 times in his career in these situations.

The most important thing is, how many times have you seen HIM throw a punch?

Exactly. No rules against riling the other guy up, if he punches him, it's their problem.

18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    Have not seen him do this in games outside of the typical pushing or jawing that takes place through out the NFL. Camp fights are not that big of a deal

BigStar, Danger, 5Stars and 2 others like this.
  19. CowboyRoy

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    Ill talk it about it whenever I choose thank you.

It was posed as a question. I guess you dont care. Im happy for you.

20. CowboyRoy

18,690 Messages
    11,658 Likes Received
    Is he going to fly off the handle when he is out with his homies also? He is not setting a good example any way you slice it. One fight no issue. But now its becoming a pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.