Dez getting in fights misguided leadership? Another Dez thread **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dez apparently was talking to Jerry on the sidelines and ran over when the scrum started. He wasnt allowed to practice but was taunting Rams players all practice long from the sidelines. He is not only getting into fights with our own players, he is now getting involved in other peoples fights and getting punched for it.

As one of the leaders of the team this doesnt concern you?

Nope Irvin was one the biggest trash talkers when he played. Dez is not getting into fights during the season and if you knew anything about NFL training camps these fights are common league wide.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dez apparently was talking to Jerry on the sidelines and ran over when the scrum started. He wasnt allowed to practice but was taunting Rams players all practice long from the sidelines. He is not only getting into fights with our own players, he is now getting involved in other peoples fights and getting punched for it.

As one of the leaders of the team this doesnt concern you?

What would concern me is if one of the leaders of the team saw his teammates getting jumped and cheap shot'd and he didn't jump in and come to the aide of his brothers. We used to have "leaders" like that.

I'll take a Dez on my team thank you very much.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Is he going to fly off the handle when he is out with his homies also? He is not setting a good example any way you slice it. One fight no issue. But now its becoming a pattern.

I understand why there might be concern, but I'm not sure that twice in a few weeks is a pattern yet.

I mean, did Dez start this last brawl? I saw what looked like 75% of the players out there throwing each other around, putting hands on one another. Why is Dez being singled out?

Knotamus

Reaction score
Have not seen him do this in games outside of the typical pushing or jawing that takes place through out the NFL. Camp fights are not that big of a deal

I distinctly remember him on national television rear back to hit the Commanders DeAngelo Hall a couple years back. I should add.. I wanted him to because I cant stand Hall. But, As a leader and emotional lighten-rod, he will be held to a higher standard whether he likes it or not. And you better believe that the NFL and BSPN will take every opportunity to bring negative attention to him. As an emotional player, that concerns me. I mean, Witten is an emotional player himself, but you don't see him throwing punches to prove his point. The Senator= a real leader.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nope Irvin was one the biggest trash talkers when he played. Dez is not getting into fights during the season and if you knew anything about NFL training camps these fights are common league wide.

LOL.......I see, so now I dont know anything about NFL training camps eh?

Are you going to start crying again? I actually want to hear everyones opinions, even if you cry.

For my money, I would rather see my highly paid leaders setting the right example instead of being at the forefront of the immature fights. But that is just me.

Am I overly concerned about it? Nope. Do I see Dez as an emotional immature athlete? Yep. I just hope it doesnt cost us a game or a few games if this happens in the regular season. And if your leader is doing it, then maybe one of the younger guys gets in the fight and misses a game or two.

Just sayin!! No need to cry or get offended. :huh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I distinctly remember him on national television rear back to hit the Commanders DeAngelo Hall a couple years back. I should add.. I wanted him to because I cant stand Hall. But, As a leader and emotional lighten-rod, he will be held to a higher standard whether he likes it or not. And you better believe that the NFL and BSPN will take every opportunity to bring negative attention to him. As an emotional player, that concerns me. I mean, Witten is an emotional player himself, but you don't see him throwing punches to prove his point. The Senator= a real leader.

That is my take as well. Give me the Witten leader over an emotional child any day. That being said, I would take Dez over Witten at this stage and probably any stage of their careers.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I understand why there might be concern, but I'm not sure that twice in a few weeks is a pattern yet.

I mean, did Dez start this last brawl? I saw what looked like 75% of the players out there throwing each other around, putting hands on one another. Why is Dez being singled out?

Because Dez is one of the guys that has the full attention of the school marm contingent. They'd be clutching their pearls but they can't drop their purse.

Blake

Reaction score

Are you going to start crying again? I actually want to hear everyones opinions, even if you cry.

For my money, I would rather see my highly paid leaders setting the right example instead of being at the forefront of the immature fights. But that is just me.

Am I overly concerned about it? Nope. Do I see Dez as an emotional immature athlete? Yep. I just hope it doesnt cost us a game or a few games if this happens in the regular season. And if your leader is doing it, then maybe one of the younger guys gets in the fight and misses a game or two.

Projecting much?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm shocked new members can't change the default avatar that the forum automatically assigns them when they join. Then again that's a totally different subject.
What is the name of that guy in my avatar?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Thing is it is typical training camp, guys are out there trying to prove themselves, Dez is a common factor as he had had altercations with young CB who know they are going up against a top WR and their chance to show coaches they can be physical and tough and what better guy to do it against than Dez. Dez like Irvin is not going to back down from any challenge, heck as Jerry said reminds him or Irvin and Deion who would get into scrapes but at the end of the day it did not hurt their relationship. It is a physical and emotional game and training camp is the proving grounds.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree with the OP generally here, of course. I will say that Dez' focus on winning some big games does seem to have amped him up a bit more than usual this season. It's not a bad thing, and definitely not an example of poor leadership, but I could see him costing himself some snaps or causing himself some more exaggerated media attention if he isn't able to keep it in check like he has in the past.

That's on the coaches, though, and his teammates to help him sort out. That sort of hard work ethic and enthusiasm is a really good thing for the team, in general. It looks like it's paying dividends as the whole roster seems a bit more enthusiastic these days. Especially on defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thing is it is typical training camp, guys are out there trying to prove themselves, Dez is a common factor as he had had altercations with young CB who know they are going up against a top WR and their chance to show coaches they can be physical and tough and what better guy to do it against than Dez. Dez like Irvin is not going to back down from any challenge, heck as Jerry said reminds him or Irvin and Deion who would get into scrapes but at the end of the day it did not hurt their relationship. It is a physical and emotional game and training camp is the proving grounds.

Even when you are on the sidelines and not involved in the practice? Should all injured players risk further injury by running onto the field and jumping into the fight?

Again, love the passion, dont like the decision or the message as a leader.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I disagree with the OP generally here, of course. I will say that Dez' focus on winning some big games does seem to have amped him up a bit more than usual this season. It's not a bad thing, and definitely not an example of poor leadership, but I could see him costing himself some snaps or causing himself some more exaggerated media attention if he isn't able to keep it in check like he has in the past.

That's on the coaches, though, and his teammates to help him sort out. That sort of hard work ethic and enthusiasm is a really good thing for the team, in general. It looks like it's paying dividends as the whole roster seems a bit more enthusiastic these days. Especially on defense.

So are you attributing the defensive moral to Dez Bryant or more to the Kraken and the new boys on D?

That aside, it appear that Garrett is blowing it off as no big deal and not making him accountable. At least to the media.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Evidently not, go to a training camp any where in the NFL fights happen on a reg basis. Crying your the one going on about Oh Dez is getting into fights, he is going to cost us.

Dez has been in the league 5 years how many games has he been suspended? for on or off the field issues? Here is clue 0

Status
Not open for further replies.