Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Gee, I wonder why Dez feels disrespected.

Couldn't be that the media reported that there was a tape of him that was 'worse than the Ray Rice tape' right in the middle of his negotiations with the team for a new contract. There was no tape and it's reasonable to say that the rumor that the media reported almost as fact cost him millions of dollars.

I guess everybody else not happy with Dez would just sit idly by and and never mention their disgust with the media costing you millions of dollars. Everything would just be a-okay.

YR

It's the same ones, I don't mind calling them out if they keep it up

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
when he blows up on everyone in the organization(it's going to happen), i wont say a word. Just save the post as an I told you so.

I see you C88 and danger.

And not once has he EVER blown up on the organization. There is nothing to suggest that it would ever happen.

Love how your narrative changed from Twill is more talented then Dez to Dez will blow on everyone in the organization. Good job GO at least you're consistent in the hate for one of the best WRs in the game.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Well, he already has a BFF in Witten. Those two should just consummate their bromance in marriage.

Call me crazy, that bond is probably what drove Owens insane.

Romo said in 2014 that Dez would be one of his groomsmen if he were about to get married, so I don't know where some people get their ideas about Dez and Romo's relationship outside of football, just like I don't know where some people got the notion that "black people" think the "n" work is okay. I don't think the Romo- Witten relationship bothers Dez.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
My 2cents worth. Players should play and let their actions on the field speak for themselves. Why get upset if a reporter writes a disparaging article about you? Dez is now one of the highest paid players at his position. He is loved and his game is respected by the fans. Passion is great. When used properly. When allowed to go unchecked it becomes more of a detriment. And episodes like this,if continued,will cause more harm in a lockeroom than good. Even if fans do eat it up. Teammates will get tired of it. He doesn't need to be tarred and feathered. But someone in that FO does need to address it with him. And if it continues,the handling of it needs to increase from just simple discussions. There's a way to handle yourself,and a way not to. I don't care how bad the big old meanie's in the media treat you. Play well and win. And believe me. 99% of the media will be eating out of his hand.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree, but in this case this seems to be personal between the 2 of them, and there has to be more to the story between them. Dez going off over something he heard 2nd hand doesn't make much sense IMO. Yes I know Dez went off over the article JJT wrote, and didn't show up in the locker room it angered Dez a bit right or wrong.

Players get upset at writers because they can't control what they write.

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
Dez hates losing, which is why I love Dez.

I don't understand the big deal, he got pissed and blew off some steam. I worked construction all my life and I bet what Dez said wouldn't even make the top ten of rants I've seen.

I've blown up on the media often and harder then Dez and they haven't even slandered my name

perrykemp

Reaction score
John Clayton said an apology should be in order.

LOL ****.

What a surprise clowns at BSPN sticking up for each other.

<<IF>> Dez was mislead by Street into accusing JJT of using racial epitaphs then an apology is absolutely in order.

False accusations like that can ruin entire careers.

movaughn88

Reaction score
John Clayton said an apology should be in order.

The guy who gets water for the scout team. The guys who clean the locker room. The guy who works security in the parking lot.

Each of those people mean way more to the function and operations of this team than John Clayton and JJT combined.

As far as I'm concerned there's better writers on this blog who bring better insight without the all the access. These reporters act entitled as if they deserve to be standing prodding and asking questions to get a catchy or controversial sound bites from some of the best athletes on the planet who have worked all their lives to get there.

I guess I'm a little opinionated on this one, haha. Let's all move on, this isn't important.

RunDMC

Reaction score
<<IF>> Dez was mislead by Street into accusing JJT of using racial epitaphs then an apology is absolutely in order.

False accusations like that can ruin entire careers.

Of course you're gonna defend him. Dez doesn't need to apologize to anyone. If Street did lie and I sincerely doubt he'd like about someone like that then he should apologize to Dez for lying and JTT. If anything everyone in the media should apologize to Dez for hounding him and criticizing him relentlessly since he's been in the league. Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful how they've tried to smear this great man.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Brandon Browner does it = Brandon Browner screwed up.

Dez Bryant does it = The Cowboys are a dysfunctional organization

perrykemp

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful how they've tried to smear this great man.

Smear this great man? Isn't that a bit rich?

From all indications he screamed at JJT for using the N-word based on info that increasingly looking like it wa BS.

You'd make a wonderful defense attorney DMC.

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
Smear this great man? Isn't that a bit rich?

From all indications he screamed at JJT for using the N-word based on info that increasingly looking like it wa BS.

You'd make a wonderful defense attorney DMC.

I bet I could find you in the Dez tape thread too

RunDMC

Reaction score
If anything Dez deserves an apology and he does. All these punks have been relentless hounding and critiquing him since day one. They don't know what he's been through. His childhood was a living hell. No father. A mother who had her own struggles. Not having a real stable living environment throughout the course of his young life. Did that break him? No because he's a great and strong man. Look what all he's had to overcome. People have been killing him for years. He's not mature, he's a thug, etc. did he make some mistakes? Of course he did, but so does everyone.

We've all seen it. Dez has grown up before our eyes. Honestly is there anyone that works harder? I mean you can just see it. The look in his eyes. The fire, the passion, the wanting to be great. Troy Aikman always talks about it as do other commentators there's no a guy better at fighting for a football. Well that's no surprise because this man has been fighting his entire life. He's fought for everything. His life, his career, his rep, everything. There have clearly been some bumps along the road and there was a big learning curve. Learning to conduct himself as a professional. Staying out of trouble. His route running. Being more dependable and consistent. Yet here is years later and he's done all that. He's been consistently one of the best recievers in the game the last three/four years.

What's most annoying is all these idiots in the media love to criticize for what they perceive is a guy being a distraction how about the other day he made a little boy's dream come true where are those stories about it? When he gives back to the community. When he spoke out against domestic violence. You never hear a peep about it because it doesn't fit the media's agenda. Remember when Jerry said he wanted Dez to wear #88? Why did Dez do that? Because he was up and ready for the challenge of living up to the greats of the past. That's what legends do. They aren't intimidated. Neither was Dez. Get off this man. How about giving him some credit? He's at least owed that.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I bet I could find you in the Dez tape thread too

Go for it.

I think Dez is a great WR. I think he's the single most important player on the team other than Romo.

I just happen to be from the school of thought that it's awfully dangerous to throwing accusations around of using the n-Word -- especially if you didn't hear it yourself and it's hearsay. The ramifications of it can be career destroying for those accused of using it.

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
Go for it.

I think Dez is a great WR. I think he's the single most important player on the team other than Romo.

I just happen to be from the school of thought that it's awfully dangerous to throwing accusations around of using the n-Word -- especially if you didn't hear it yourself and it's hearsay. The ramifications of it can be career destroying for those accused of using it.

Kinda like 5x worse then ray rice.......during contract negotiations

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo said in 2014 that Dez would be one of his groomsmen if he were about to get married, so I don't know where some people get their ideas about Dez and Romo's relationship outside of football, just like I don't know where some people got the notion that "black people" think the "n" work is okay. I don't think the Romo- Witten relationship bothers Dez.

A lot of people here like to push tabloid nonsense.

Same ones who were calling for Dez's head after the Detroit game a couple years ago. Criticizing his play is one thing, trying to make him out to be a cancer is another.