Twitter: Dez goes off on reporters in lockerroom after practice

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The media has a responsibility to be factual. It's part of the job. The ones that consistently stink at it damage the reputation of the companies they work for. How much damage it does is a function of what consumers will accept.

Personally, I have zero use for sports reporters who can't get it consistently right. Getting it wrong is for fans on message boards.

That's why you keep me around.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
For all those so sure a professional like JJT would know better than to use such language with a player, be reminded that he's already had his wings clipped because of a tweet referencing some inappropriate behavior and some chicken wings.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Some more details:

Moore: All the details on how Dez's tirade started and escalated

Bryant then started asking the whereabouts of ESPN's Jean-Jacques Taylor. Bryant had been steaming about a column Taylor wrote one week earlierand had mentioned it to reporters on several occasions in recent days.

Taylor stands in front of Bryant's locker and the receiver draws an imaginary line on the ground, telling Taylor to stay on the other side. The two begin discussing the story and Bryant continues to get louder as Taylor states his side.

At this point, the conversation is no more contentious than what normally transpires when an athlete disagrees with something a reporter has written. Receiver Devin Street then inserts himself into the conversation and Taylor responds, "ain't nobody even talking to you.''

Street appears shocked, believing Taylor used a racial epithet. He repeats the word. Bryant points at Taylor and begins yelling the N-word over and over, saying a reporter can't say that to a player.

Taylor said afterwards he never used the word. Others close enough to hear the exchange, including two club employees, insist Taylor never used the N-word and Street simply misunderstood.

Read the rest here: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...irade-started-and-escalated-see-the-video.ece

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
When did I ever say they HAD to be factual? Point out where I said that.

Well, when you said that they "had to follow it up with facts".

If I misread that word, please let me know.

I get the frustration that they just do not tell the truth, go for the story and who cares about fact checking.

If you are a smart enough person, you shouldn't pay attention to the media in the first place.

You use it for what it is. Information and then go forward.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Players get upset at writers because they can't control what they write.

Dez gets upset at reporters because they have consistently misrepresented his actions to paint him in a negative light. From day one. These dudes look at him like an ATM and 8 don't blame him for taking offense.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Look how much longer this thread is compared to the one about Dez's bday party that benefitted charity. SMH...

I get the point you are making. I really do. But threads only grow when they present a topic over which people disagree. I venture everyone in here believes charity is a good thing.

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Some more details:

Bryant then started asking the whereabouts of ESPN's Jean-Jacques Taylor. Bryant had been steaming about a column Taylor wrote one week earlierand had mentioned it to reporters on several occasions in recent days.

Taylor stands in front of Bryant's locker and the receiver draws an imaginary line on the ground, telling Taylor to stay on the other side. The two begin discussing the story and Bryant continues to get louder as Taylor states his side.

At this point, the conversation is no more contentious than what normally transpires when an athlete disagrees with something a reporter has written. Receiver Devin Street then inserts himself into the conversation and Taylor responds, "ain't nobody even talking to you.''

Street appears shocked, believing Taylor used a racial epithet. He repeats the word. Bryant points at Taylor and begins yelling the N-word over and over, saying a reporter can't say that to a player.

Taylor said afterwards he never used the word. Others close enough to hear the exchange, including two club employees, insist Taylor never used the N-word and Street simply misunderstood.

Read the rest here: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...irade-started-and-escalated-see-the-video.ece

And even without the word JJT is in there acting like these guys owe him something. I wish he had said that to Hardy.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Some more details:

Sounds like a guy who has had enough of fake BS stories written about him.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
That's self-evident. In theory, the job of the news media is to present you with information you wouldn't normally have.

well its self evident that Dez says stuff and blows up and is passionate that doesnt stop the news media. We ALWAYS have news like this. anyways in conjunction with news media writing about self evident reports on Dez they can also couple it with self evident reports on the weakness of the FO & HC. That's just what I expect as a fan is all. You may not agree with it and thats fine.