Dez had a great end to the season, but I would still trade

Verdict

Reaction score
Its not the point really. The point is that if it was there, I would do it. Will it ever happen....... no way. Jerry would NEVER trade Dez. But hypothetically, if it was possible, I would jump on it.

I just like to get feel for what people value more. A pro bowl receiver or a pro bowl pass rusher. To me its a no brainer, especially for this team. But no doubt you are always going to get the people that want to remain loyal to the team player and cant see past that.

No doubt if Lawrence was a 15 sack guy and sacked Rogers on that last play people on here would be saying they wouldnt even trade him for Tom Brady.

Would you trade Dez for Von Miller, yeah I would probably do that. Dez for Watt? Probably not due to his injury history.

Would I trade Julio Jones or AJ Green for Von Miller.... hell no.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Would you trade Dez for Von Miller, yeah I would probably do that. Dez for Watt? Probably not due to his injury history.

Think Houston would take Romo and Dez for Clowney? That might work for both teams.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

yes to every single one.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Dez's, but business is still business.

And no, I don't think they should trade him. Dez needs to continue to work at it and just realize that he needs to practice hard all of the time because when he doesn't, his technique suffers badly.

Other than that, I'm fine with Dez.

I think what people don't realize is that the game has changed so much that going after that high priced DE is likely a bad idea. We certainly need a DE that can win 1-on-1's and draw double teams, but to expect to get a guy that will get 12+ sacks and completely dominate games just isn't happening unless you're Von Miller. You're more likely to need to find a guy now that can get 6-10 sacks, consistently draw pressure on 1-on-1's and help out nicely against bubble screens. That's a lot of money for that type of play. I would personally pay that DE money more for a dominating DT. Dominating DT's are the new dominating DE's.

YR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Dez's, but business is still business.

And no, I don't think they should trade him. Dez needs to continue to work at it and just realize that he needs to practice hard all of the time because when he doesn't, his technique suffers badly.

Other than that, I'm fine with Dez.

I think what people don't realize is that the game has changed so much that going after that high priced DE is likely a bad idea. We certainly need a DE that can win 1-on-1's and draw double teams, but to expect to get a guy that will get 12+ sacks and completely dominate games just isn't happening unless you're Von Miller. You're more likely to need to find a guy now that can get 6-10 sacks, consistently draw pressure on 1-on-1's and help out nicely against bubble screens. That's a lot of money for that type of play. I would personally pay that DE money more for a dominating DT. Dominating DT's are the new dominating DE's.

YR

I would be more than happy with a dominating DT. But you validated my point. The great DE's are so few and far between that they are way more valuable then a #1 receiver.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I would be more than happy with a dominating DT. But you validated my point. The great DE's are so few and far between that they are way more valuable then a #1 receiver.

The problem is finding that great DE that's worth that money. There's only 2 guys that I think are worth that money....Von Miller and Khalil Mack. Maybe Bosa and Beasley can continue their progress, but odds are they are more likely to be far less dominating in the future. At this point in time, there's so few that there is diminishing returns unless JJ Watt is healthy and somehow we can trade for him.

YR

haleyrules

Reaction score
Injuries mostly. I think this was his only decent year. The rest were all washouts.
Thats true. He is still fairly young. Curious to see how his body holds up next year. Watt and the his back problem are problematic also. I would like to see the Cowboys upgrade the rush. How is thenquestion?

haleyrules

Reaction score
Absolutely! Too me, any club just needs a WR that can catch the ball when it gets to him. WR is grossly over rated. Its what casual fans see on the highlight reels. They don't win big games. Defense does.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I would love to have Clowney, Mercilus, and Cushing. Any of this would be great, but Clowney is coming into his own as a pass rusher
Agreed. He would be great in Dallas. The Cowboys must find a way to improve the defense. In order to do that they must give something up. Simple.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Absolutely! Too me, any club just needs a WR that can catch the ball when it gets to him. WR is grossly over rated. Its what casual fans see on the highlight reels. They don't win big games. Defense does.

I agree. But when you have a great QB like Dak going forward, and you have a great Oline and Zeke, you dont need a top 5 WR. Or you really cant afford one. Better to spend the money on D. Now if your the Falcons and passing the ball is your thing, then by all means you need one.