Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hey guys... "Live" Dez Deadline Podcast over at DC.com this afternoon at 2:45cdt.
We'll know pretty soon on that podcast if the deal is happening or we move on under
the cap. Be there or don't post.

Thats 345 Eastern time right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not familiar with it...I'm old school. :)

I'm not familiar with Cake either I assume they're a lot cooler than Gloria Gaynor. I'll have to check and see if they've done a remake of John Denver's Country Roads.

erod

Reaction score
It's eerily quiet right now.

That hints that they're hammering at this thing hard.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Fear mongering...

Yeah. All that was pure gibberish. Young wideouts are becoming so easy to come by. By the time Bryant is free of the franchise tag, he will be relatively easy to replace with a player 75% as good as he is

XxTDxX

Reaction score
Yeah. All that was pure gibberish. Young wideouts are becoming so easy to come by. By the time Bryant is free of the franchise tag, he will be relatively easy to replace with a player 75% as good as he is

Yes because we are in the business of developing players to elite status and then replacing them with players 25% worse because we didn't want to pay them.. all the while letting Brandon Carr account for 14M on our salary cap.

John813

Reaction score

Johnnie Walker?

Hopefully, they are getting close to a deal.

52m guaranteed? not bad per Fish

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Maybe Jerry could throw in that 2M Bugatti that Dez reportedly put a down payment on.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Yes because we are in the business of developing players to elite status and then replacing them with players 25% worse because we didn't want to pay them.. all the while letting Brandon Carr account for 14M on our salary cap.

Value wins super bowls. If you have a rookie who can live up to 75% of Dez for 10% of the price, you put your team in the position to win.

Sydla

Reaction score
"As a player, you want to get a deal, but if it doesn't happen you just got to deal with it," Thomas said. "You just go out and play. I'm still going to play, still going to put my best game up, not going to do anything to hurt the team. I'm going to go out and put my best game up and have another great year."

mugsybows

Reaction score
feel like this is gonna go down similar to when romo got his contract. announced at the last second.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
You don't make up for past bad contracts by playing hardball with your teams most talented young player. Period. The way you fix the issue that has happened in the past is by not paying mediocre talent with one productive season.. Dez has never fallen into that category

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
"As a player, you want to get a deal, but if it doesn't happen you just got to deal with it," Thomas said. "You just go out and play. I'm still going to play, still going to put my best game up, not going to do anything to hurt the team. I'm going to go out and put my best game up and have another great year."

I wish Dez would have said that instead of getting the fan base so angry.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

That's the way business is done. He is playing by the rules his representatives created.

EST_1986

Reaction score

He also said He would give the Broncos a hometown discount and a new article on NFL.com says not to rule out him missing games now. Would you want a guy like Thomas who says one thing but does another or a guy like Dez that just speaks his true intentions.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
Value wins super bowls. If you have a rookie who can live up to 75% of Dez for 10% of the price, you put your team in the position to win.

I totally agree that value wins super bowls but there are certain cornerstone players that are worth a large percentage of your cap space. "Value" guys can replace Dwayne Harris, Bruce Carter, and Justin Durant... Not Tyron Smith, Tony Romo, and Dez Bryant

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If the latest reports are accurate, that the team has offered Dez over 13, I would consider that value. Of course, we don't know how much is guaranteed and how much is up front but lets say 3 years with a signing bonus, that's well over 40 guaranteed. That's value to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.