Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
If the latest reports are accurate, that the team has offered Dez over 13, I would consider that value. Of course, we don't know how much is guaranteed and how much is up front but lets say 3 years with a signing bonus, that's well over 40 guaranteed. That's value to me.

It's an okay value, but his previous contract was significantly better value.

Sydla

Reaction score
He also said He would give the Broncos a hometown discount and a new article on NFL.com says not to rule out him missing games now. Would you want a guy like Thomas who says one thing but does another or a guy like Dez that just speaks his true intentions.

The article on NFL.com is from Rappaport and has no facts or statements to back up his claim that Thomas may skip games.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You don't make up for past bad contracts by playing hardball with your teams most talented young player. Period. The way you fix the issue that has happened in the past is by not paying mediocre talent with one productive season.. Dez has never fallen into that category

You don't make all good contracts and then just throw it all away for a WR.

Romo, TSmith, Lee, DWare, Hatcher, Melton, OScan, McClain, Hardy, Free, Beasley, Parnell, Carter, DHarris all have been done with value in mind.

They are unhappy with the Carr deal and haven't made that mistake again.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
I don't usually believe one source, but assuming Rapsheet and Dallas Morning News aren't using the same source, this is a good sign all around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Johnnie Walker?

Hopefully, they are getting close to a deal.

52m guaranteed? not bad per Fish

That's in reference to the Justin Houston deal, where he got $52 million in guaranteed money, but those guarantees have protections built in to protect the teams.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Looks like the man will indeed be paid (*ducks*) before 4pm. No way they're not going to get something done after this talk of good progress.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Tee minus 1 hour and 43 mins and counting down. I'm getting all nervous, excited, and tinglingly inside.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.