Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think you're being a little delusional about the Cowboys chances without Dez. Is that straightforward enough for you now?

There you go! You may be right but it's how I feel at the moment. I reserve the right to change my mind after a few games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowboys can win this division without Dez.

With the defense still having a long way to go the Cowboys aren't winning the division without Murray and Dez. The offense isn't going to be near the same without both players which would put a lot of pressure on Romo and the defense. If Dez chooses to sit out the first couple of games vs the Giants and Philly the Cowboys could very well drop both games putting themselves in a hole they'll have a tough time digging their way out of.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
All my alerts keep saying that Dez is the most optimistic he's been through the whole process. Offered upwards of 13 million and they're still negotiating. Hang in there guys. Good news is coming soon.

Just heard the same on SIRIUS radio. Where there's smoke, there's fire...hopefully.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
What's the guy at the liquor store say about any deal?

Screen_shot_2011-05-30_at_10.34.36_PM.png

Doug says there will be a deal.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
If Dez sits and costs himself almost a million per game, and hurts the team in the process, then he is a fool.

A fool and his money is soon parted. It won't matter if he makes 12 or 16 million per year it will vanish.

He may not realize it when he does NY photo shoots with Jay Z but his life is at a crossroads.

It has also been said that this offer is the one they LITERALLY just offered days ago, whereas the offer they apparently had on the table UP TO THAT POINT was basically $10M a year (for 6 years) with not much guaranteed. Look, I get that $12.8M is A TON of money for me, you, and the rest of the folks on this board. But, we are NOT pro athletes. So, I look at this a completely different way. Sydla, if your boss (unless you're the CEO) has you working a job in which you are outperforming your constituents and you notice that a few of them got raises. You then find out what their raises where - you go to your boss and state your claim for a promotion based on th fact that you are significantly outperforming them. Boss comes back with a proposal that you know is less than/equal to the raises given to the others. You honestly would be ok with that? Because, to ME, that's what Jerry and Stephen are asking Dez to do - be cool with a contract that is the same range as folks I have absolutely outperformed. That's stupid.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It has also been said that this offer is the one they LITERALLY just offered days ago, whereas the offer they apparently had on the table UP TO THAT POINT was basically $10M a year (for 6 years) with not much guaranteed. Look, I get that $12.8M is A TON of money for me, you, and the rest of the folks on this board. But, we are NOT pro athletes. So, I look at this a completely different way. Sydla, if your boss (unless you're the CEO) has you working a job in which you are outperforming your constituents and you notice that a few of them got raises. You then find out what their raises where - you go to your boss and state your claim for a promotion based on th fact that you are significantly outperforming them. Boss comes back with a proposal that you know is less than/equal to the raises given to the others. You honestly would be ok with that? Because, to ME, that's what Jerry and Stephen are asking Dez to do - be cool with a contract that is the same range as folks I have absolutely outperformed. That's stupid.

Who are you talking about? What players got paid that Dez has drastically outperformed? Dez is getting 12.8M this year.

HanD

Reaction score
Surely one of these times I click the refresh button, there will be breaking news that he's signed! First million clicks didn't work, but I feel it coming

actually a new thread will be created so you'll likely be stuck in a dead thread if you keep hitting refresh like me....i just can't help it haha

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A deal better be struck because we'll be back in the same boat next year with Dez wanting even more money. The longer this drags out the costlier it's going to be to resign him. The Cowboys just let Murray walk so this deal has to get done. Jerry says he's going to do what's in the best interest of the team and what's in the best interest of the team is to get Dez signed before this gets ugly. If Dez isn't signed by the deadline and doesn't show up for camp the Cowboys might trade him. If Jerry doesn't trust Dez with a lot of money now he's not going to trust him with even more money next year when we're facing the same situation.

LittleD

Reaction score
Hey guys... "Live" Dez Deadline Podcast over at DC.com this afternoon at 2:45cdt.
We'll know pretty soon on that podcast if the deal is happening or we move on under
the cap. Be there or don't post.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
A deal better be struck because we'll be back in the same boat next year with Dez wanting even more money. The longer this drags out the costlier it's going to be to resign him. The Cowboys just let Murray walk so this deal has to get done. Jerry says he's going to do what's in the best interest of the team and what's in the best interest of the team is to get Dez signed before this gets ugly. If Dez isn't signed by the deadline and doesn't show up for camp the Cowboys might trade him. If Jerry doesn't trust Dez with a lot of money now he's not going to trust him with even more money next year when we're facing the same situation.

Fear mongering...

Status
Not open for further replies.