Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh, I agree. But in a way, there is leverage on Bryant's side. You really think that an offense without Bryant is going to scare anybody?

That is his stance.

You are arguing constructs, which I basically agree with. But this is about winning football games, no ideological debates.

What? lol You just contradicted your own question!

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe Dez has two villages that he needs to feed? Diva's need their body guards, a steak once in a while, some spending cash...you know...household stuff. A baby sitter, a good dog, a wife that wants a $500,000 ring...you know, basic stuff.

They actually call that $30,000 millionaires. It was named after all the dudes in Dallas that made 30k/year but drove a BMW, had an apartment in uptown, and dressed to the T! Wise choices!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If he sits out games the best thing to do is go out and win. That would devastate his plan and leave him persona non grata.

And I doubt we just do that with him out.

Nice to puff out your chest, but get real for a second.

That would be about as arrogant as say, trying Derrick Lassic as a starting RB.

Amy50632

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rsation-between-dez-bryant-and-stephen-jones/
"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Jones explained to Bryant that the Calvin Johnson contract, which represents the current peak of the receiver market, has no relevance to other receivers because it was driven by the pre-rookie wage scale deal that Johnson signed when he was drafted by the Lions in 2007. And then Jones told Dez, per the source, that Jones talked to Broncos G.M. John Elway about the situation."

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And I doubt we just do that with him out.kn

Nice to puff out your chest, but get real for a second.

That would be about as arrogant as say, trying Derrick Lassic as a starting RB.

You don't think we can beat the NYGiants without Dez. I know we can beat them.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Why do people keep bring up Dez sitting out the year. HE IS NOT GOING TO SIT OUT THE YEAR.heis going to play football this year. that is not even a question. the question is will he miss a couple games to put pressure on the cowboys if they start 0 and 2 ? and even when he comes in, do you get the same Dez.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rsation-between-dez-bryant-and-stephen-jones/
"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Jones explained to Bryant that the Calvin Johnson contract, which represents the current peak of the receiver market, has no relevance to other receivers because it was driven by the pre-rookie wage scale deal that Johnson signed when he was drafted by the Lions in 2007. And then Jones told Dez, per the source, that Jones talked to Broncos G.M. John Elway about the situation."

Thanks for the info, keep us up to date. ;)

dallasdave

Reaction score

Did I mention Jay looks good in that cowboy hat. :)

Amy50632

Reaction score
Did I mention Jay looks good in that cowboy hat. :)

Indeed he does
photo-66.JPG

dallasdave

Reaction score

Hey, not to worry Steve and Jerry are going to pull an all-nighter to get this done....:starspin:

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I fully expect this deal to get done at the 0 hour.

The Cowboys are in prime position for a Super Bowl run. Dez has nothing to gain by sitting out. Each team with a high tier WR doesn't want to blink first. This deal will get done with both sides coming to an amicable agreement and we can move on from this.

Dez's passion for the game and what he justly deserves provoked him to open his mouth again. That's just who he is. But one way or the other this deal will get done at the end of the next 2 days. It's just how business is handled in the NFL.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I read this and think that it is more ammo for the NFL to look for collusion :(

Status
Not open for further replies.