Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenky

Reaction score
It probably is.

I just don't like the look from Bryant with his Tweet Threat.

I honestly think the Joneses are being reasonable in negotiations. He's the one taking it up a notch.

It's definitely sarcasm for those of you who missed it.

I tweeted him and he replied.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Google Dez and bugatti and you will find DMN article about it. He was working for a nutrition company and they paid him via a trust toward the bugatti instead of just taking real cash. They also talked about it on espn radio a couple of weeks ago here locally

Without knowing the details, how stupid is that. Who the hell would take a depreciating object over cash.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I can't say I blame Dez. I'm not mad at him if he chooses to sit out; this is business. On the other side, I'm proud of what the Cowboys are doing as well.

Dez is really down to earth. When I met him back in November, I never had an interaction as I did with a star player. Dez probably feels the Cowboys are taking advantage of his loyalty, which they probably are. But as stated before, this is business and I respect both sides.

This is all very interesting and entertaining as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot stress enough....in THIS system....in THIS system....Dez contributions are bigger than just numbers!

Not really dog...there is the salary cap - numbers.

The Cowboys have been irrelevant for years and years and years because they did not know how to manage their numbers for THIS team.

It's time to start investing wisely instead of pissing your money away like they did with Spencer.

But, on the other side of the coin...Dez could sign the tender, show up for camp and then come down with some unknown back injury and sit out the season and earn all that money. lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I beg to differ. And I think the rest of the league begs to differ as well. And I love Tyron, Romo, Martin etc....but I don't recall them being anywhere close to where Dez is on the NFL top 100 list!

That's an interesting point but if you look at it that way, Dez is not considered the top WR in the NFL. He's not even considered second best. He's ranked number 15 I think? This contract offer exceeds his ranking IMO.

superonyx

Reaction score
Setting out games only cost him money and come next year he can still be tagged
Dez has nothing to gain by setting out at all
He would only be costing himself money
The team will be hurt if he is that dumb, but they would be hurt more if they paid him what he wants because that would mean losing the core of your oline
Giving the choice of losing dez or losing the oline I say love us dez but you can't catch passes if the QB is on his back

When was this about Dez vs the offensive line. This was the same thing people said when people wanted Murray to be resigned. Then they said this when people want Peterson. So based on this logic we can only have an offensive line or a a quality receiver or running back. Somehow I don't think it works this way. Here is a thought.....WR's take longer to contribute than offensive linemen. Maybe we don't need 5 All Pro offensive linemen while having garbage at RB and WR. A healthy balance may be the best approach.

Plus most likely the difference in what we want to pay him comes down to guarantees and years more than annual salary.

superonyx

Reaction score
That's an interesting point but if you look at it that way, Dez is not considered the top WR in the NFL. He's not even considered second best. He's ranked number 15 I think? This contract offer exceeds his ranking IMO.

Number 15 best player in the NFL, not 15 best WR.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It probably is.

I just don't like the look from Bryant with his Tweet Threat.

I honestly think the Joneses are being reasonable in negotiations. He's the one taking it up a notch.

Then stay away from twitter...lol

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Dez is dang good, but he doesn't beat double coverage like some other receivers do. He draws double coverage, and Romo eats teams alive because of it. Dez is phenomenal against single coverage, but lacks the speed to run through double coverage.

He has some back issues, too, and I know that has Dallas a bit leery.

16TD's ... 1st team All pro... and he's the opponents biggest threat to take away? I'd say he's effective in getting open and making plays. Who wouldn't take Dez' level of production? You don't produce like this if you can only beat single coverage. Any defense to an extent can take away one player if they need to.

superonyx

Reaction score
Not really dog...there is the salary cap - numbers.

The Cowboys have been irrelevant for years and years and years because they did not know how to manage their numbers for THIS team.

It's time to start investing wisely instead of pissing your money away like they did with Spencer.

But, on the other side of the coin...Dez could sign the tender, show up for camp and then come down with some unknown back injury and sit out the season and earn all that money. lol

We have been irrelevant because of the salary cap? Which players did we lose due to salary cap? What free agents were we not able to sign due to salary cap? We have been irrelevant for years because we have been so poor at drafting.

coult44

Reaction score
My mistake. I don't get all the questioning before seeing how the team adjusts to a missing Bryant hypothetical.

It's all good. Just was thrown off by the being mad thing. I do to let things like this upset me even a little. That'd be silly. I'm actually thinking they will still get a deal done and that this is nothing out of the ordinary with tagged players. Jerry loves Dez, Dez loves Dallas. It's gonna get done eventually. I just don't want this to be the only thing we here about in TC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Number 15 best player in the NFL, not 15 best WR.

I realize that but even still, he's not the top one or two WR either. I think he's 4th on that list. There are 7 offensive players (not including QBs) who are ranked ahead of him. I don't put much stock into that list but if that's what you are using as a yard stick, then I have to say that the contract offer in front of him exceeds his ranking on the top 100.

Again, I really don't think much of that list but if that's how you are supporting a position, then you have to look at it and ask if the contract is fair according to the criteria used?

Status
Not open for further replies.