Not open for further replies.

Cowboys20

Reaction score
Buy Life Insurance....

No, AFLAC. :laugh:

10616189_10152663654439914_5450462749469209064_n.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Im not arguing to sign this guy to a CJ contract, im saying Stephen has to loosen up a bit and get this deal done. Thats all. Im not saying lets screw our cap for the next 10 years, im saying Jerry has to come in and get it done. Personally im not even worried about hurting ourselves later on because the cap keeps going up anyways. I dont know why that hasnt been discussed.

Over then next 2 years Cowboys have a boat load of FA 22 of them in 2016 and 26 FA in 2017. Managing the cap consist of looking down the road not 1 year alone

erod

Reaction score
they still are taking on risk.

the 12 million is guaranteed. that is a hell of a lot of risk.

Not really. One season and 12 million is chump change. No cap hit later either, so no messy restructures in case he's hurt.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the key here is who is coming on on a contract next year? The big problem in using the Tag on Dez would be if we had another player coming up for a contract next year who we needed to use the tag on. That would be a huge problem for us and then, both players would have all the leverage next season.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Not really. One season and 12 million is chump change. No cap hit later either, so no messy restructures in case he's hurt.

chump change is ridiculous.

12 million is a ton of money. Dez could beat up his mom tomorrow and never play again. the owners are taking on a huge amount of risk, certainly more then Dez is taking on.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think the key here is who is coming on on a contract next year? The big problem in using the Tag on Dez would be if we had another player coming up for a contract next year who we needed to use the tag on. That would be a huge problem for us and then, both players would have all the leverage next season.

TCrawford would be the only one. But I think they can get him signed with a medium offer.

Hardy can't be tagged and Claiborne is a no way.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

I can't think of any current player that might need the tag next year. You have any ideas who?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
chump change is ridiculous.

12 million is a ton of money. Dez could beat up his mom tomorrow and never play again. the owners are taking on a huge amount of risk, certainly more then Dez is taking on.

First off he hasn't signed the tag, it isn't guaranteed yet.

And getting arrested or suspended means DAL would get some money back in fines.

Relative to any other contract there is very little risk.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TCrawford would be the only one. But I think they can get him signed with a medium offer.

Hardy can't be tagged and Claiborne is a no way.

Denver is in this situation with Thomas. I think that's why he gets a deal done. They have Von Miller coming up on a contract next year and he is going to get paid top money. They almost have to get something done with Thomas this year if they don't want to be in a position where they could lose one of the two next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.